PDA

View Full Version : Labor Talks Break Down - Per ESPN

Night Train
02-28-2006, 04:00 PM
According to Mort on ESPN News, Gene Upshaw left NYC because no progress was being made. The high end owners ( Jones, Kraft etc. ) are digging in. Doesn't believe it's Upshaw playing a hand.

Owners supposed to have a conference call among themselves at 6pm. Deadline for all hell to break loose is 4pm tomorrow.
Unreal. They have the golden goose and may wind up shooting it. :cuss:

Our future is on the clock. 23 hours and counting.

tat2dmike77
02-28-2006, 04:02 PM
And this is surprising because?

Italian Stallion
02-28-2006, 04:07 PM
I wonder how this impacts the Free Agency period. Will players just want to sign 1 year contacts, then get bigger pay days in an uncapped offseason next year?? This may not be good news

camelcowboy
02-28-2006, 04:10 PM
In two hours there will be a story that progress has been made and there close to a deal. Feels like all that hockey bs all over again. "These people may be meeting here, one persons leaving the table" I won't take any of this seriously till free agency begins friday.

Gunzlingr
02-28-2006, 04:16 PM
In a way I hope something happens to put the screws to people like Dan Snyder and Al Davis :snicker:

kgun12
02-28-2006, 04:21 PM
In two hours there will be a story that progress has been made and there close to a deal. Feels like all that hockey bs all over again. "These people may be meeting here, one persons leaving the table" I won't take any of this seriously till free agency begins friday.

I hope so but Gene Upshaw has gone back to D.C. saying there is nothing else that can be done. 2007 will be an uncapped year! I'm not sure what that all means but I don't see an uncapped year good for the Bills.

Devin
02-28-2006, 04:31 PM
If its not done, Schefter said yesterday you will see a MASS amount of cuts immediatley. In fact so much so the league might have trouble keeping up with the paperwork.

Teams over the cap now are going to be in very bad shape.

Devin
02-28-2006, 04:33 PM
This really is horrible for the NFL and its fans.

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Well, this is all about 5 owners. It takes 8 of them to keep it from passing

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 05:05 PM
This really is horrible for the NFL and its fans.

Screw these clowns. In 08 there will be a strike and maybe no pro ball for 2 years. Fine by me! let the owners and the overpaid baby players get real jobs.

I have been less and less happy with pro ball for quite some time. College baby. outside of maybe 80 players any given year, the rest are there to actually play ball and win.

Devin
02-28-2006, 05:33 PM
so quit following it. Then you dont have to be a fan.....or post here for that matter.

Pretty sure your a fin fan anyway.

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 05:36 PM
so quit following it. Then you dont have to be a fan.....or post here for that matter.

Pretty sure your a fin fan anyway.

weak pup, stay on the poorch.

Devin
02-28-2006, 06:51 PM
:rofl:

Static
02-28-2006, 06:51 PM
weak pup, stay on the poorch.

Devin would crush you....:couch:

The_Philster
02-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Devin would crush you....:couch:
I don't know...ICE already claims to be a coach...maybe he's a heavyweight boxer, too :idunno: :scratch:

Devin
02-28-2006, 06:55 PM
lol.

ICE is an e-thug. :rolleyes:

mjt1586
02-28-2006, 07:15 PM
So, if no agreement is made, which it looks like there wont be, will this upcoming season be an uncapped year? or will it not be until the following season?

The_Philster
02-28-2006, 07:16 PM
So, if not agreement is made, which it looks like there wont be, will this upcoming season be an uncapped year? or will it not be until the following season?
it would be 2007

camelcowboy
02-28-2006, 08:32 PM
In a way I hope something happens to put the screws to people like Dan Snyder and Al Davis :snicker:

Yeah gunz, you'll be happy this year but, when the cap goes away in 07, you won't be laughting when Snyder, Jones, and Count Davis purchase every quality free agent.

HHURRICANE
02-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah gunz, you'll be happy this year but, when the cap goes away in 07, you won't be laughting when Snyder, Jones, and Count Davis purchase every quality free agent.

This is a really good point. Revenue sharing really helps out teams like Buffalo. Jerry Jones is by far the biggest ******* owner of the bunch. He is the one who started this mess by *****ing about how unfair it was when his team had made it to the Superbowl. What he doesn't get is that it's not a league when you don't have teams in Cleveland, Green Bay, Buffalo, and Minnesota. These are the one's that help keep the mystique alive. Look at what a mess Basketball has become after Jordan left.

tat2dmike77
02-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Gene Upshaw needs to get his ass back to the table.

I mean come an uncapped year is exactly what players want. Well the ones that want to command big money. Upshaw is just catering to them but making owners out to be the villian.

Yeah i know about the Jones, Synder, and Davis. There are other teams in the league and those teams have owners what about them. Obviously he's playing games or the owners are playing games.

Money has gotten to out of hand for these players. They whine and cry aboout how tough they have it. When in fact they are pampered more then baseball players. I'm sure when a pro athlete goes out and hits the town his wallet rarely ever comes out.

Yet i sit here broke and taking out loans just to goto college and eating ramen noodles while these guys cry over money. Cause making 6 mill a year is not enough they want 8 mill. Oh wait i forgot they have to feed thier family. Feed thier family what? Freaking Kangaroos or something.

Each side is just blinded by greed and who gets screwed in the end we do. Just like with baseball, hockey, basketball and now football we get screwed.

So bend over guys and be prepared to use your vasoline cause here it comes from the NFL.

billsburgh
02-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I thought that I heard Upshaw say before that If no deal is made and the cap goes away, there will never be another salary cap included in future CBAs

Static
03-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Once the players get a taste of the money they can make with no cap they will never want to go back