X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

I really hate the Buisness side of NFL

With what is now being called by News Outlets "Bloody thursday" the NFL as we know it is in great peril. A uncapped year in 07, will be a disaster for the NFL and smaller market teams. Yes folks that includes our beloved bills. Salary Cap can be the most frustrating thing in the world at times to a Football fan. Sure, not being able to sign players you draft, or pick up free agents certain years can anger any fan. Every four years having to dismantel your team just to stay under the cap is a shame, but the Cap keeps Small markets like Buffalo, Greenbay, and others competive. It also allows a team to rebound and possible be a contender far quicker then ever possible in the old system. A uncapped year will also see teams like Dallas, Washington, New England, and other bigger markets outbid small market teams for talent. You are all educated football fans, so i will get to my point. Has no one taken a lesson from the NHL. Lockouts, and labor disputes are not good for the sport. If the NFL continues on the path it is on, after 07, the NFL could lock out its players. The NFL in my life time has overcame baseball as the number one sport in america, now the players union "main Gene Upshaw" is going to kill the golden Goose. Everything that i have read, the Players assocation could agree with the League right now, despite a lack of a revunue sharing plain. Still the Players won't budge. Tommarrow instead of owners hashing out a revunue sharing plain. The owners will be calling the out the players association to the public, and explaining why they are the obstacle. Ill be honest i agree, look at it this way. If this agreement does not get done, you'll see many veterans cut, and a lack of movement in free agent market. Many players will lose money, and Jobs because they couldn't agree, instead of a rise in the cap which will prevent some cuts, these players will be handed their walking papers. In my view isn't a union suppose to be on the side of the people they represent. I guarentee you'll see far less action on the free agency market, because teams will be reluctant to sign contracts the can't prorate over the years. This can't be helpful to the players. Once again, labor desputes will take the front page. I have bad visions of the lockout from the nhl in the back of my mind, i promise a football lockout will be worse.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: I really hate the Buisness side of NFL

I really hate the Buisness side of NFL sp

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
        Learn how to spell business

Comment

• tat2dmike77
          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
          Learn how to spell business
          Who are you the editor in chief of billszone?

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
            Who are you the editor in chief of billszone?
            Maybe he has a use, we know his posts aren't worth reading.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

this whole situation is becoming disgustingly ridiculous.

i hope guys like Jerry Jones have fun turning the best sport in america into the next major league baseball over a matter of a few extra million bucks.

both sides already have enough, but i guess enough is not as much as they need. *****s.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                • May 2003

Ok so back to the subject. I doubt any kind of disagreement will lead to the players going on strike. The NFL is simply too damn profitable for everyone involved, from players to owners to the networks, and they will eventually find a resolution. That doesn't mean 2007 won't go down as an uncapped year because this process is likely not going to be resolved easily.

That said, here are my feelings about an uncapped season or two. Remember about five-seven years ago when the Washington Redskins were signing every hot name under the sun? Daniel Snyder just bought the team and they went and got Bruce Smith, they got Deion Sanders, Jeff George? Yeah Jeff George. Funny right? It's funny now but they were signing everybody and we all loathed these rich ass owners like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder. Well that team wound up sucking ass and you know why? Because football is and will always be a team sport. Signing all the best available players in free agency is not going to assure you a championship. We've seen it time and time again.

So I don't feel an uncapped season or two or even three is going to spell the end for small market teams like our beloved Bills. Eventually something will get done to restore order again. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Personal reminder to add these idiots to My Ignore List:
                  FTP, Scott Lawrence, Skooby, Bledslow

_________________________________________________________________

That's not nice to call people names.

Comment

Working...
                  X