PDA

View Full Version : An uncapped year in 07. Disaster for the Bills?

ICE74129
03-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Good question. I think this offseason now is not only about shoring up some holes (This was a two offseason process anyway) but securing the future.

I think Ralph, Marv and Overdorf need to sit down and look at ALL the contracts. If possible I would do extentions now on any players who's contracts are expiring after the 06 season. But some of thier agents might not be willing.

An uncapped year is going to be very hard on Ralph wilson. As is we will loose some really good players and not be able to sign anything but the Bennie andersons of the world. Ralph just doesn't have the Money.

Here is to hoping they start FA on time, but then come back to the table and get this thing done.

Bill Brasky
03-01-2006, 07:09 AM
yo man stop jacking people's threads...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=93349

it's one thing if you do it a few times but you seem to be doing it quite often now.

ICE74129
03-01-2006, 07:16 AM
LOL I didn't even see yours before I started mine. Sorry.

Bill Brasky
03-01-2006, 07:43 AM
LOL I didn't even see yours before I started mine. Sorry.

it's all good, i honestly don't care... but i know some others around here will throw a hissy fit. just thought you'd like a heads up :up:

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2006, 07:44 AM
I think we could be ok for a year but not long term.

Bill Brasky
03-01-2006, 07:50 AM
btw... i don't think it's a matter of Ralph having the money... i think it boils down to whether or not he wants to spend it... and judging from his past actions, i don't feel so good.

the great thing about the nfl right now is that the cap and collective bargaining make it easy for teams like the Bills to be profitable.

yeah, everybody jokes that the Bills and ralph "don't have the money", "play in a poor economically depressed area"... that is BS. players salaries are almost completely covered through various things like revenue sharing, tv contracts, etc.... the franchise gets to keep the majority of things like concessions, ticket sales, etc... people come to the games, they sell out every home game, they sell sh itloads of booze and food at the gates, apparel. if this area is so strapped for cash people wouldn't be coming to games, even when the team has sucked for almost 10 years. plain and simple, people go to the games, which means the Bills and Ralph are making some sort of income, at least under the cap and CBA.

for people to say that ralph doesn't have the $ is ridic... he has it, all owners do. some more than others. the bills are worth somewhere between 650 and 750 million dollars.

considering they have the cheapest prices in the league, on average, i'd say that's pretty good.

none of it will be like that once the CBA and the cap are gone. kiss our 25$ rockpile seats goodbye. you think our concessions are outta control? go to yankee stadium or giants stadium, then you can ***** about it. you won't have to wait long. only way this team stays afloat in an non-cap league is by jacking up prices... and even in doing so, this region has such a bad rap nobody will want to come play here because all anybody wants to do is badmouth it.

Bills fans have had it made for so long thanks to the cap, and now that it may be gone, i wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills struggle. even if ticket prices increase 30% that is gonna put a huge dent in trying to sell out games here in WNY. no fans = no income = no team.