• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

OK, with Moulds gone, weve got cash

1) Steve Hutch- I would make him a very big deal offer but only after losing out on a true free, like LeCharles. Then see if the Hawks match, they will but Alexander, the DT, and Marquand Manuel still arent signed. Give it a week and then spend that money elsewhere. I have him at #1 not because I think we should go after him first, he isnt moving anywhere very quickly with his tag, but because I think hes the best.

2) LeCharles Bentley- Day one, Id get him in and not let him leave with a big contract offer. If we land him we would have fixed a major part of our o-line. The fact that theres such a HUGE drop off after these two guys makes there worth to us so much more.

3) Chris Hovan- he has recharged his career with a good showing in Bucs land, furthermore, he is the type of fly to the ball player with a nasty "Richter" type attitude. Hes exactly the type we should want.

4) Damione Lewis/Ryan Pickett/Larry Tripplett- im bunching them together saying that any would be just fine for us and all have about the same productivity overall.

So, in FA lets land either Hutch or Bentley and then as many as 2 DT's from the above list.

After that we can see what we have left in cash and try to grab a guy like Fabini, maybe a Dez White, even a Warrick.

Then in the draft:

1) Vernon Davis
    2) Orien Harris/Andrew Whitworth/Charles Spencer/Nick Mangold (if we dont get Bentley)/Chad Jackson (doubt he will be there)/Marcus McNeil
    3a) Pat Watkins/Jeremy Trueblood/Marvin Philip (if we dont get Bentley)/Will Montgomery
    3b) Brodie Croyle/Joseph Addai/Leon Washington/Dustin Davoreck/Ryan O'Callaghan

4th on- WR- Greg Lee/SS/G/DE/K/OLB- 7th- Marcus Vick

Id love this look:

LT- Peters
    LG- Charles Spencer
    C- LeCharles Bentley
    RG- Villarial
    RT- Gandy/TrueBlood or O'Callaghan
    TE- Vernon Davis
    WR1- Evans
    WR2- Reed/Aiken/ or Greg Lee, maybe a vet with something to prove like Dez White, Peter Warrick
    RB- McGahee
    QB- JP

DE1- Schobel
    DT1- Adams or if cut Chris Hovan
    DT2- Damione Lewis/Ryan Pickett/Larry Tripplett
    DE2- Kelsay
    OLB1- TKO
    ILB- Fletcher
    OLB2- Crowell
    DB1- Clements
    FS- Pat Watkins
    SS- Milloy
    DB2- McGee

• ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: OK, with Moulds gone, weve got cash

Back the truck up. 1) he isn't gone....yet. No one outside of Scoob has confirmed this. As of last night even the local media had nothing. 2) uncapped year in 07. This will detur some guys from wanting to go to small market teams period.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
      Id love this look:

LT- Peters
      LG- Charles Spencer
      C- LeCharles Bentley
      RG- Villarial
      TE- Vernon Davis
      WR1- Evans
      WR2- Reed/Aiken/ or Greg Lee, maybe a vet with something to prove like Dez White, Peter Warrick
      RB- McGahee
      QB- JP
      You forgot Parrish and Everett. They should be in there.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bills will not be doing much shopping......many teams will not.....the realities of the "uncapped" 2007 will limit teams abilities to pay players what they think they deserve.

Just wait until tomorrow......

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

It gets worse clump. Look at my post on maybe not having much cap if any at all to play with. NLTBE's will now ALL be counted on the salary cap. Damn!

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
            1) Steve Hutch- I would make him a very big deal offer but only after losing out on a true free, like LeCharles. Then see if the Hawks match, they will but Alexander, the DT, and Marquand Manuel still arent signed. Give it a week and then spend that money elsewhere. I have him at #1 not because I think we should go after him first, he isnt moving anywhere very quickly with his tag, but because I think hes the best.

2) LeCharles Bentley- Day one, Id get him in and not let him leave with a big contract offer. If we land him we would have fixed a major part of our o-line. The fact that theres such a HUGE drop off after these two guys makes there worth to us so much more.

3) Chris Hovan- he has recharged his career with a good showing in Bucs land, furthermore, he is the type of fly to the ball player with a nasty "Richter" type attitude. Hes exactly the type we should want.

4) Damione Lewis/Ryan Pickett/Larry Tripplett- im bunching them together saying that any would be just fine for us and all have about the same productivity overall.

So, in FA lets land either Hutch or Bentley and then as many as 2 DT's from the above list.

After that we can see what we have left in cash and try to grab a guy like Fabini, maybe a Dez White, even a Warrick.

Then in the draft:

1) Vernon Davis
            2) Orien Harris/Andrew Whitworth/Charles Spencer/Nick Mangold (if we dont get Bentley)/Chad Jackson (doubt he will be there)/Marcus McNeil
            3a) Pat Watkins/Jeremy Trueblood/Marvin Philip (if we dont get Bentley)/Will Montgomery
            3b) Brodie Croyle/Joseph Addai/Leon Washington/Dustin Davoreck/Ryan O'Callaghan

4th on- WR- Greg Lee/SS/G/DE/K/OLB- 7th- Marcus Vick

Id love this look:

LT- Peters
            LG- Charles Spencer
            C- LeCharles Bentley
            RG- Villarial
            TE- Vernon Davis
            WR1- Evans
            RB- McGahee
            QB- JP

DE1- Schobel
            DT1- Adams or if cut Chris Hovan
            DT2- Damione Lewis/Ryan Pickett/Larry Tripplett
            DE2- Kelsay
            OLB1- TKO
            ILB- Fletcher
            OLB2- Crowell
            DB1- Clements
            FS- Pat Watkins
            SS- Milloy
            DB2- McGee

It does sound good.....................

Bradie Croyle I dont like this guy at all, Im a SEC guy and I watched him play many times the reason ALABAMA lost games was because of there offense........Marcus Vick in the 7th he will probably go anywhere near 4-5 round way to good of an athlete to go later then that.......I like Triplett and Damione Lewis would be 2 great young D Tackles to bring in......And I would love to see the Bills to draft Vernon Davis this will give JP 2 great TE targets to throw to for the future.....
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

I replied to that ICE

Comment

Working...
              X