X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Broncos cut three prominent players

The financial reality caused in large part by the NFL's failed labor talks has hit home: The Denver Broncos released three prominent players today to comply with the salary cap in time for the start of free agency.
    Defensive end Trevor Pryce, running back Mike Anderson and tight end Jeb Putzier all will be looking for jobs when the NFL's new year begins later this week. Getting rid of the three players will result in a total salary-cap savings of $15 million for the team, including $8.53 million for Pryce, $3.9 million for Putzier and $2.57 million for Anderson.

Because of the impasse between the league and players union on an extension of the collective-bargaining agreement, teams will have less wiggle room to keep their own players, and widescale cuts are expected around the league. Denver isn't expected to release any other players this week.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/...4506110,00.html
  • Billsrock4life
    • Nov 2005

Re: Broncos cut three prominent players

wow im suprised they released anderson i wonder who he will go 2

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I'd take him here. He'd be a solid backup for Willis.

And Shaud Williams sucks anyways.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

Don't you guys need a TE, and I thought the Bills were a team that tried to get Putz previously??

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Good thinking...I'd cut Campbell and take Putzier. I really like him. He has a great year in 2004 and pretty good year last season.

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Putzier would be a decent addition to the non-existent TE depth chart.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Pryce is the name that I would go after out of the 3.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Id pass on them all, give Everett a shot at TE before we right him off

Pryce is out of shape, over priced and over the hill

Anderson could be interesting but he is gonna want to be a starter not a backup or have to split carries.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                  Don't you guys need a TE, and I thought the Bills were a team that tried to get Putz previously??
                  Everett

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Id pass on them all, give Everett a shot at TE before we right him off

Pryce is out of shape, over priced and over the hill

Anderson could be interesting but he is gonna want to be a starter not a backup or have to split carries.
                    Everett won't be worth much at all. Wait and see. Too oft injured and just another punk from Tha U.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

the fins just cut Reggie Howard and Sam Madison and safety Tebucky Jones
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        the fins just cut Reggie Howard and Sam Madison and safety Tebucky Jones
                        I hear Reggie Howard is a great guy, but see ya later dooder, if he had a nickname it'd been Big Play. Not because he always made the big play though, but always gave the big play up. I can't really give a full opinion on Tebucky Jones since he was on IR for a lot of the season, but sound guy, big tackler, can really help against the run, but doesn't have the speed, will still succeed on a different team I bet.

I knew it was going to happen, heck even Madison himself had said after the last home game that it was probably his last, but it's too bad to see him go. He may not have been flashy the last couple of years, and had to make more chances, a bit slower, but he was always true to the organization and always played with a lot of heart and intensity. I know that really cliched to say and for the following-- but too bad he couldn't have retired a Phin, even though that doesn't really happen anymore. He still a very capable player and a good tackler (as far as CBs go,) so maybe he will succeed in someone else's schemes/philosophies. Thanks fer the mammories Sam. I just hope he bucks the AFCEast trend of signing within, and signs outside the division.

Comment

Working...
                        X