PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see impending doom in the lack of a CBA?

OpIv37
03-01-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a bad feeling that the lack of a cap/CBA is the beginning of the end for the Buffalo Bills. It's not going to happen overnight, but 10-15 years down the road we're in trouble. As player salaries increase and teams like the Redskins and Dallas sign huge contract after huge contract, one of two things will happen.

1. The Bills will attempt to keep prices low for their fans but the product on the field will suffer and the fans will lose interest.
2. The Bills will raise prices in an attempt to stay competitive and will eventually hit the point where the struggling Buffalo economy can't afford them anymore.

Both of these situations will result in the team leaving Buffalo for greener pastures. And the fact that Ralph probably won't be around by that time just makes the outlook even worse.

If the Bills do leave Buffalo in the next 10-15 years, this CBA was the turning point.

Bill Brasky
03-01-2006, 05:55 PM
wow, haven't heard this before...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=93349

feelthepain
03-01-2006, 06:43 PM
I have a bad feeling that the lack of a cap/CBA is the beginning of the end for the Buffalo Bills. It's not going to happen overnight, but 10-15 years down the road we're in trouble. As player salaries increase and teams like the Redskins and Dallas sign huge contract after huge contract, one of two things will happen.

1. The Bills will attempt to keep prices low for their fans but the product on the field will suffer and the fans will lose interest.
2. The Bills will raise prices in an attempt to stay competitive and will eventually hit the point where the struggling Buffalo economy can't afford them anymore.

Both of these situations will result in the team leaving Buffalo for greener pastures. And the fact that Ralph probably won't be around by that time just makes the outlook even worse.

If the Bills do leave Buffalo in the next 10-15 years, this CBA was the turning point.

Naaa, you should have a new owner by then and chances are he won't be affraid to open the pocket book. The Bills will be fine.

Devin
03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
:pray:

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
grrrr........... Im so ****ing tired of these *******s that let money rule EVERYTHING. I will have a hard time watching the NFL if they take away my Buffalo Bills.

The_Philster
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
grrrr........... Im so ****ing tired of these *******s that let money rule EVERYTHING. I will have a hard time watching the NFL if they take away my Buffalo Bills.
If we lose the Bills, I'm done with the NFL

BAM
03-01-2006, 06:54 PM
If we lose the Bills, I'm rooting for the Steelers. :couch:

RedEyE
03-01-2006, 07:08 PM
If the Bills flee Buffalo, I'm rooting for total demise of the NFL.

Crisis
03-01-2006, 07:50 PM
What ISN'T doom-and-gloom to Op?

OpIv37
03-01-2006, 08:33 PM
What ISN'T doom-and-gloom to Op?

Feel free to disagree, but first tell me how teams like Buffalo will compete with high-revenue big-market teams like DC without revenue sharing and a salary cap.

OpIv37
03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
wow, haven't heard this before...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=93349

my bad- I didn't see your thread.

BAM
03-01-2006, 08:40 PM
or the other 10 of them :snicker:

G. Host
03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
I actually think there is room for higher priced seats.

I think the Bills could raise prices in better seats and lower them or keep them the same in less desired seats, tweak it in some other means and be more competitive price wise. As it is lots of fans sell tickets to scalpers and others who make big profits off the Bills low ticket prices and the Bills should try to recoop some of that money.

Some of those who go only to only to a few games a year would be willing to pay higher prices is the Bills were to have better seats available.

EricStratton
03-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Without a cap football will look like baseball in 10-15 years.

The beauty of the NFL is every team has a shot in August to make it to the end of January, something that just doesn't happen in MLB.

Some teams will be the Yanks and Red Sox, some will be the middle rung Blue Jays and a few will turn into the Royals and DRays.

mikemac2001
03-01-2006, 10:51 PM
if bills leave, id watch but not really care maybe root for underdogs or an exciting player Barry sanders for example...miss him

Devin
03-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Same, id probably root for Cleveland.