PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins cut CB Sam Madison and 3 others....

Michael82
03-01-2006, 04:54 PM
The Miami Dolphins today terminated the contracts of cornerbacks Reggie Howard and Sam Madison (pictured), safety Tebucky Jones and tackle Damion McIntosh. In addition on Wednesday, the team signed kicker Ola Kimrin and allocated him to the NFL Europe League.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4365

ICE74129
03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Tebucky Jones, there is our new SS

Bling
03-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Still a servicable CB... A little old, takes really bad risks, lost a huge step (see Miami at Buffalo 2003) had only 2 INTs in the 2 years, but still is a decent CB. Will probably come cheap, though I doubt he's interested in the Bills.

Bling
03-01-2006, 05:02 PM

LOL... if he's healthy, he's just as good as Rashad Baker.

patmoran2006
03-01-2006, 05:51 PM
1) Tebucky Jones is not our next safety.. He'll cost at least as much as Milloy and isn't much if any better.

2) Rashad Baker is not our starting SS either.. Buffalo WILL get a quality starter either through FA or with that first pick in the draft (Huff or J. Williams). SS is too important especially in a cover 2 to have an unproven SS.

3) I got this feeling Miami is going to land TO AND a new QB before this draft.. I really do

feelthepain
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM

Just the kind of upgrading I hope the Bills make, have at it mate.

Night Train
03-01-2006, 05:54 PM
The Ola Kimrin signing proves the true genius of Nick Saban.

justasportsfan
03-01-2006, 05:54 PM
1) Tebucky Jones is not our next safety.. He'll cost at least as much as Milloy and isn't much if any better.

2) Rashad Baker is not our starting SS either.. Buffalo WILL get a quality starter either through FA or with that first pick in the draft (Huff or J. Williams). SS is too important especially in a cover 2 to have an unproven SS.

3) I got this feeling Miami is going to land TO AND a new QB before this draft.. I really do

1) I agree. Plus he's injury prone

2) I like Baker but I don't think he's there yet. Build a dominant Dl, our db's will improve

3) I think the qb will be Brees.

Bling
03-01-2006, 06:00 PM

2) :rollseyes: I wish sarcasm was easier to pick up. The point was Jones absolutely blows.

3) A new QB? Yes. TO? Doubtful.

mysticsoto
03-01-2006, 06:34 PM

We shouldn't assume that Baker won't be able to cut it as our SS. He showed good promise the 1st year, and a Cover 2 makes different demands from a safety than how we played it before. He will likely not have to blitz much like Gray was using Milloy for. Baker may excel more in this type of coverage???

I'm not saying he will, but I'm not ready to stick up a white flag on his behalf either...

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
We shouldn't assume that Baker won't be able to cut it as our SS. He showed good promise the 1st year, and a Cover 2 makes different demands from a safety than how we played it before. He will likely not have to blitz much like Gray was using Milloy for. Baker may excel more in this type of coverage???

I'm not saying he will, but I'm not ready to stick up a white flag on his behalf either...
Baker would have to play FS, he is far too small for a cover 2 SS.

DraftBoy
03-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Plus he is a FS anyways...Clements-McGee-Baker-Huff DB's next season!!

Al13
03-01-2006, 06:45 PM
at the moment with no CBA i have no idea how we could get brees and TO

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Who the hell said anything about TO and Brees? We dont want either of them.

Al13
03-01-2006, 06:48 PM
i just replied to one of the posts here....i´m a dolphin fan :)

mysticsoto
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Baker would have to play FS, he is far too small for a cover 2 SS.

My guess is we draft a decent SS in our 3rd rd...like Charlie Peprah or someone similar.

Samphin1
03-01-2006, 07:39 PM

This is why we are fans and the GM's are GM's! I couldn't care less about T.O. I want Brees though. I think he fits perfectly into Saban's plans.

vicmantak
03-01-2006, 08:18 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodyCopyBold>Feb. 15, 2006 - 7:41 p.m. ET</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodyCopy>Dolphins' LT Damion McIntosh was arrested today on a domestic violence charge.</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>McIntosh's wife was found unconscious by Davie police and the big lineman admitted he "hit her head pretty hard." The six-year veteran started all 16 games for Miami last season.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1257

LtFinFan66
03-01-2006, 08:39 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodyCopyBold>Feb. 15, 2006 - 7:41 p.m. ET</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodyCopy>Dolphins' LT Damion McIntosh was arrested today on a domestic violence charge.</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vaLink>McIntosh's wife was found unconscious by Davie police and the big lineman admitted he "hit her head pretty hard." The six-year veteran started all 16 games for Miami last season.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1257You trying to say something there Vic? There was a nice thread about that 2 weeks ago. Thanks for your thoughts though:str8face:

billsburgh
03-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Just the kind of upgrading I hope the Bills make, have at it mate.
just like your offensive coordinator upgrade with Mularkey

Michael82
03-02-2006, 05:43 AM

Good post! But....

:lmao: at number 3.