Bryson will be a sought after player this offseason.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Bryson will be a sought after player this offseason.

He won't be on the Bills next season. The FA pool of RBs is paltry with Stacey Mack being the only other decent RB. Cap-cuts may add one or two maybe, but nothing stellar.

His injury risk will slow down negotiations, but I think many teams will be interested.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

With his injury history he will have to sign a one year deal for the minimum.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

How is his rehab going? Anyone know?

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Have not heard a thing.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be so sure about that Eb. There's a huge hole in the FA market for RBs and many teams that could use one. I definitely think he'll get more than that in some sort of layered deal or with huge incentives.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

I wouldn't bet donuts on it.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I agree with Eb.......3rd knee injury, 2 with the Bills. 1 yr deal at the vets minimum and he gets some incentives, nothing spectacular

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

If he gets through his rehab well, he could return for a song.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

he'll be a backup wherever he goes.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

your dreaming wys... the guy is done.. his knees are made of glass
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      I wouldn't bet donuts on it.

Me either! Losing him will be like losing nothing! He had one big game in 3 years. Whoopie!

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
                        You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
                        • Jul 2002

Watch out for the next Bryson novel.

Some fans tend to think that some of our players are better then they really are. Shawn Bryson's are a dime a dozen. He might get some incentives, but there is no way in hell they will be huge.

Bryson will be the same with any other team he joins. Drew Bledsoe can break tackles better then this guy. He is a good backup to have when he's healthy, which isn't very often.

Bryson can't stay healthy as a 2nd stringer with minimal carries. There is no way in hell he's gonna stay healthy if he was the main guy.

Bryson will always be 2nd string. He's not a starter, and never has been.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Not that I'm a Bryson lover, but wasn't this what we said about Antowain Smith? He did have a great 2001 season, when used properly.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Look, I'm not big on Bryson either after this injury especially. I don't care the he's leaving. My only point was that it's not a deep FAcy market for RBs. Many teams need an RB and likely Bryson gets paid more than he's worth b/c of the lack of talent out there.

Who, Stacey Mack is the best available vet RB that I could find.

I agree, he's not the best by any stretch and at this point, likely a backup. But, as BFSIW just pointed out, we've said similar things about other players and they were not correct.

Bryson is a huge risk, but the upside is good if it pans out. Again, likely he'd get a contract w/ some incentives in it.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

The draft's pretty deep at RB isn't it? I don't see anyone paying more than the vet min. with some small incentives for Bryson.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X