PDA

View Full Version : Someone With Real Knowledge Please

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I am from the economic empire that is Dallas, Texas. I have never been to Buffalo (plan on going to my first home game this upcoming season) so I have no idea what the economy is like. I just know what I hear from people who are from Buffalo. All I know is that our owner is old as hell and will be gone sooner than later. What happens to our team then? Does anyone know if we can actually afford to keep the BIlls? Is anyone in Buffalo rich enough to buy the Bills? If so do you think this person can actually make some money or is the economy that bad?

Someone please explain.................

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Damn. Sorry about the double post.

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Damn. Sorry about the double thread.

The_Philster
03-01-2006, 07:20 PM
There are some people who may step up and keep the Bills here...but if the CBA isn't taken care of, that number of people will certainly drop and may just no longer exist :down:

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 07:25 PM
There are some people who may step up and keep the Bills here...but if the CBA isn't taken care of, that number of people will certainly drop and may just no longer exist :down:
Man Im already starting to hate the NFL. Im telling you, if they take our team away I dont think I could watch another game.

gr8slayer
03-01-2006, 07:29 PM
The thing that really makes me mad is the fact that if someone does sell the Bills you really cant blame the guy. There is simply no money to be made from what I hear.

PromoTheRobot
03-01-2006, 07:35 PM
The owner of the Sabres, Tom Golisano is a probably the #1 possible future owner of the Bills. He is worth $4-5 Billion and lives in Rochester. Will the NFL let him own the Sabres AND buy the Bills? I don't know,

After Golisano, Jeremy Jacobs (who owns the Bruins) is next, but he has a terrible reputation as a sports team owner.

The Rich family, who tried to bring major league baseball to Buffalo in the 90's are a longshot. I don't think they have enugh money to pull it off. That's all I can think of.

Buffalo is not a bad market for the Bills to be in. The Buffalo economy is not robust, but it's not the end of the world either. The Bills also draw from Toronto, Rochester, and Syracuse. If you consider those markets, the Bills have a market base of 6-7 million people.

I have made some posts before of "sharing" the team with Toronto, maybe playing 2 games at Rogers Cnter/SkyDome, in order to tap more sponsor money from Toronto. Most Bills fans hate the idea, but I'm a pragmatist. Especially if owners like Kraft & Jones get their way in the NFL, they will need to get creative in generating revenue.

PTR

The_Philster
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Man Im already starting to hate the NFL. Im telling you, if they take our team away I dont think I could watch another game.
I might follow it lightly...maybe watch the Browns from time to time...but the NFL will never get another red cent from me if we lose the Bills

ICE74129
03-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I might follow it lightly...maybe watch the Browns from time to time...but the NFL will never get another red cent from me if we lose the Bills

I am damn near that point now. At least we have college.

tampabay25690
03-01-2006, 08:20 PM
I am from the economic empire that is Dallas, Texas. I have never been to Buffalo (plan on going to my first home game this upcoming season) so I have no idea what the economy is like. I just know what I hear from people who are from Buffalo. All I know is that our owner is old as hell and will be gone sooner than later. What happens to our team then? Does anyone know if we can actually afford to keep the BIlls? Is anyone in Buffalo rich enough to buy the Bills? If so do you think this person can actually make some money or is the economy that bad?

Someone please explain.................

Well the BILLS are a huge part of the Buffalo and Western NY area...........I do see the Bills being able to stay in this area forever.........THE Economy You ask well I was born in Buffalo and as soon as I had the chance I moved down to Florida where the jobs are very plentiful and the houses actually make you $$$$$$$$$$...If it wasn't for my father that works at 1 of the top jobs in the Buffalo area (General Motors) He would live right next to me..............So the economy in Buffalo is awful but the Bills and us Loyal fans will hopefully always support a team that is in a dying area........GO BILLS!!!!!!

DMBcrew36
03-01-2006, 08:24 PM
The owner of the Sabres, Tom Golisano is a probably the #1 possible future owner of the Bills. He is worth $4-5 Billion and lives in Rochester. Will the NFL let him own the Sabres AND buy the Bills? I don't know,

After Golisano, Jeremy Jacobs (who owns the Bruins) is next, but he has a terrible reputation as a sports team owner.

The Rich family, who tried to bring major league baseball to Buffalo in the 90's are a longshot. I don't think they have enugh money to pull it off. That's all I can think of.

Buffalo is not a bad market for the Bills to be in. The Buffalo economy is not robust, but it's not the end of the world either. The Bills also draw from Toronto, Rochester, and Syracuse. If you consider those markets, the Bills have a market base of 6-7 million people.

I have made some posts before of "sharing" the team with Toronto, maybe playing 2 games at Rogers Cnter/SkyDome, in order to tap more sponsor money from Toronto. Most Bills fans hate the idea, but I'm a pragmatist. Especially if owners like Kraft & Jones get their way in the NFL, they will need to get creative in generating revenue.

PTR

The Rich's do have enough money, in my opinion. I used to live down the street from them at Pt.Abino in Canada. I've been to their house there a handful of times, which is one of a page long list of houses they own all over the world. I think they could, IF they wanted to.

djjimkelly
03-01-2006, 08:25 PM

PTR

toronto has about 6-7 million people by itself in the GTA also there is hamilton and the surounding area which is another 1 million.us canadians are a great reason why bills sell out and will always stay as a super viable team in buffalo in my estimation the triangle or rochester buffalo and toronto have a fan base of 10-15 million to draw from and thats just places that are 1.5 hours or less drive to the ralph!