PDA

View Full Version : I might be on the Huff Bandwagon

Devin
03-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Huff and Baker could anchor the secondary for years, couple that with a very young McGee we could form a very cohesive unit.

Ultimatley id be happy with Ngata, Huff, Brick...etc.

Id like to see us bring in Putzier maybe. I think he and Everett might be a nice combo.

tat2dmike77
03-01-2006, 11:14 PM
sounds good

Ebenezer
03-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Huff and Baker could anchor the secondary for years, couple that with a very young McGee we could form a very cohesive unit.

Id like to see us bring in Putzier maybe. I think he and Everett might be a nice combo.
I have been from the beginning...Huff is the Williams we did not draft in 2002.

SABURZFAN
03-02-2006, 01:54 AM
huff will never make it to us.he goes to san fran.

X-Era
03-02-2006, 03:25 AM

Problem is he is more suited to FS than SS.

But in one swoop, Marv put us in a great spot to draft players who can start day one:

Campbell- Vernon Davis
Sam Adams- Haloti Ngata (i dont like him at 8, but some do)
Lawyer Milloy- Mike Huff

If anything we have more options at 8 now.

ryjam282
03-02-2006, 07:36 AM
I thought Huff was a FS? Same with Williams in Dallas, he is a FS too. 2 years ago he played SS to fill the hole left by Darren Woodson's injury and he had a bad year. They are both FS's. I like Huff a lot but think Baker should get a shot there. I like Davis at 8, unless Brick is there..

casdhf
03-02-2006, 08:19 AM
welcome aboard

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 08:21 AM
We won't take a tweener with the 8th pick and that is what huff is.

Forward_Lateral
03-02-2006, 08:22 AM
I don't really think there is much difference in today's NFL between a SS and a FS. Guys like Roy Williams, Poloamalalauau, Darius, etc. prove this.

Forward_Lateral
03-02-2006, 08:22 AM
We won't take a tweener with the 8th pick and that is what huff is.

:rofl:

DraftBoy
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Ice can you sit here and realistically tell me Huff is a tweener? Do you know what a tweener is? It is NOT a playe rwho can play FS or SS. Huff is a SS in the NFL and he is the best option at 8, if not there trade down about 4-5 spots and take Jimmy Williams.

TigerJ
03-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Huff is a little lighter than the theoretical ideal for a safety, but lots of guys playing safety in the league are no heavier than Huff and manage just fine. Huff is a big hitter for his size, so he should be just fine. Plus he has corner spped, better than average corner speed in fact. No one should get by him deep.

Devin
03-04-2006, 07:31 PM
a tweener...wtf.

Huff is a superior athlete, can play basically any position in the secondary. If he is there at 8 (depending on what moves we make in FA) id take him no question.