PDA

View Full Version : I am starting to see marvs thinking and I like it

ICE74129
03-01-2006, 09:45 PM
He knows we aren't contending in 06. He isn't going to waste time on older veterans for some BS pipe dream. He is cutting the fat and going to have the cap room next year (even if the CBA gets worked out) to really make some moves to contend in 07.

I have agreed with this for years. The hanging on for one more maybe shot is pure crap. Purge the roster, get guys in here that fit the system you are implementing and make a real run.

We will have a somewhat rough year in 06 but by the end of it I see us getting much stronger, better and on the same page. We will be at that point where just a few more moves puts us in real contention. We will have that cap room and most likely a top 15 pick to make those moves.

Forward_Lateral
03-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Fact: The Defense sucked balls last season. It can't get much worse.

I don't think Marv is building for 2 or 3 seasons down the road. He wants to win. Now. That's the beauty of being 9000 years old. You don't have to worry about tommorow, just worry about today.

This ******* franchise has been "rebuilding" for 10 years now. Enough is enough.

ICE74129
03-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Fact: The Defense sucked balls last season. It can't get much worse.

I don't think Marv is building for 2 or 3 seasons down the road. He wants to win. Now. That's the beauty of being 9000 years old. You don't have to worry about tommorow, just worry about today.

This ******* franchise has been "rebuilding" for 10 years now. Enough is enough.

I guess you missed the point. The point was there is no reason to keep trying to keep holding above average clowns like Adams, Milloy, Moulds etc. Cut these guys and bring in better younger players that will FIT THE SYSTEM. Not since marv, polian and marchibrota have we had a set way of doing things.

We are definately running cover 2. We are going to put players on this roster that fit that system. As for as the offense, they are going to do whatever fairchild has set for the system. We will bring in guys that fit that system.

The other reason we are in a 10 year down spiral was 1) Butler screwing the cap and 2) TD bringing in nothing but specialty players. Never addressing the OL and DL. He also brought in a ton of self serving, non self motivated guys.

Reality is we aren't making the playoffs in 06. Not going to happen. The goal is to become a regular playoff appering team starting in 07. I can live with that.

Drive 4 Five
03-01-2006, 10:03 PM
I agree ICE. There is no sense in holding on to any kind of notion that this team is a few moves away from being a contender, purging the roster is certainly the right thing to do. That being said, I am going to find it very very difficult to endure another three-four-or five win season. I want to see some improvement damn it. We have a losing season, then fine, but I don't want to see any side show circus act (i.e. QB carousel, blowing 24 point half-time leads, players challenging coaches, and calling out teammates). I won't stand for it bro. I f**king refuse. All I can say is I better see some kind of improvement other than Brian Moorman increasing his hang time. MF'ers need to step up for these fans because we have been through some absolutely f**king miserable seasons lately.

Drive 4 Five
03-01-2006, 10:06 PM
I guess you missed the point. The point was there is no reason to keep trying to keep holding above average clowns like Adams, Milloy, Moulds etc. Cut these guys and bring in better younger players that will FIT THE SYSTEM. Not since marv, polian and marchibrota have we had a set way of doing things.

We are definately running cover 2. We are going to put players on this roster that fit that system. As for as the offense, they are going to do whatever fairchild has set for the system. We will bring in guys that fit that system.

The other reason we are in a 10 year down spiral was 1) Butler screwing the cap and 2) TD bringing in nothing but specialty players. Never addressing the OL and DL. He also brought in a ton of self serving, non self motivated guys.

Reality is we aren't making the playoffs in 06. Not going to happen. The goal is to become a regular playoff appering team starting in 07. I can live with that.

Still. I don't see it happening in 2007 either. Honestly. I don't. We have alot of needs on this team before we challenge the elite teams of this league.

Drive 4 Five
03-01-2006, 10:07 PM

Still. I don't see it happening in 2007 either. Honestly. I don't. We have alot of needs on this team before we challenge the elite teams of this league.

ublinkwescore
03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
nice form on that triple post pal.

that was textbook.

Drive 4 Five
03-01-2006, 10:24 PM
nice form on that triple post pal.

that was textbook.

Hat trick! Wow so what happened to your rep "pal"? That mouth of yours finally caught up to you huh?

Bmax
03-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Marv is just doing what you should do when you have free agents. Keep the young producing players on the good side of 30. Cut the guys with big contracts who are over 30 whose play has started to decline. My bet is that London will be gone after this season along with Villiari, and vincent..

Bmax

rockeastwood
03-02-2006, 04:11 AM
I like it also, but the big picture is imcomplete. I'm not going 2 judge yet.

Michael82
03-02-2006, 06:11 AM

Good post, man! Why can't you do this more often? No petty arguing and a solid football related post without any idiotic comments about some posters here. :bf1:

don137
03-02-2006, 06:59 AM
I am not saying Marv is right or wrong but it seems like we keep teeter-totering back and forth over the last few years between implementing a system and then getting the players for the system, then scraping it and implementing a system thats "works" for the players and not a set system and now we are going back to getting the players for a system. Not saying which approach is better just noticing how we keep going back and forth.
With that said, I think this year there will be a plethors of free agents so there will a lot more good players availble that will fit the cover 2 system.

vicmantak
03-02-2006, 07:05 AM
My bet is that London will be gone after this season along with Villiari, and vincent..

Bmax
From a cap point of view those three are exactly the unavoidable cancer this year.
Anyway, the departure of those three dinasaurs open a great cap space to do whatever it takes to get Hutchinson now and inclusive surround him this year.

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 07:18 AM
From a cap point of view those three are exactly the unavoidable cancer this year.
Anyway, the departure of those three dinasaurs open a great cap space to do whatever it takes to get Hutchinson now and inclusive surround him this year.
V, here are the two keys I see. A guy like Fletcher are very high character guys and definately good leaders and examples. They are self motivated and still play pretty well. Marv isn't going to cut those guys.

IF he did it would be NEXT offseason when the final pices of the puzzle need to be put in place.