X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Buffalo in Good position....

Considering the fact that several players have increased their draft status, such as Huff, Davis and Cutler, that means that Buffalo has a great opportunity to draft a top 5 player at #8 spot. Any of M.Williams, Davis, Huff, Ferguson and Hawk can possibly be there due to these players who have climbed draft boards, and any one of them would be a great pick for Buffalo. (although I dont think Hawk would have as much impact as the others considering we already have 4 starting LBs on this team and 3 very good to great ones.)

M. Williams: In the cover 2 defense, he would be perfect opposite Schobel to put pressure on QBs and allow our playmakers at CB to make plays. He's also great at stopping the run.

Huff: Another great addition to the Cover 2 scheme. A great athlete from the safety spot, can hit and has the finesse to stay with any TE or receiver. And if clements leaves next year he can slide over to CB.

Davis: This kid is a freak of nature, he literally has supermans physique, and runs a 4.36 at 252 pounds, is an amazing receiver and a good blocker. It would be tough to pass him up, and the only player I would consider ahead of him is M. Williams.

D. Ferguson: Its not too far fetched to think that he could slide to #8. If Cutler, Young and Leinart go in the top 5, along with Bush and Williams or Hawk, Ferguson will not go to the Raiders or SF, who already have heavy investments on the O-line thxz to Gallery and Jennings. Therefore, he will be welcomed to Buffalo, and our OT issues should be solved for the next 7 years with Peters on the right side.

Hawk: If we end up drafting Hawk then I would have to say that Fletcher would be done in Buffalo, Spikes would move inside to MLB and Hawk would play WLB with Crowell at SLB. That would be even more impressive than Posey- Fletcher- Spikes and much faster (which seems to be the game plan).

(I didnt mention Ngata because I dont think that Marv sees him as a fit in the new Bills D, which is why Adams is gone.)

Either way we are getting a heck of a football player.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Buffalo in Good position....

Nice write up dude, while I like Ngata I agree about the players you mentioned. Id really like Huff here.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
      Hawk: If we end up drafting Hawk then I would have to say that Fletcher would be done in Buffalo, Spikes would move inside to MLB and Hawk would play WLB with Crowell at SLB. That would be even more impressive than Posey- Fletcher- Spikes and much faster (which seems to be the game plan).
      Flecth is freakin fast... Who remembers him chasing down Santana Moss when he was a Jet? Fletch is quick, and Posey isn't i get what ya mean but Fletch is our team captain. We could still draft a position we don't need atm. That's the difference between smart drafting and desperate drafting. ... Nice post Mahdi :)
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• DGreg
        • Jan 2006

This is all a bunch of speculation. Only draft day will give us answers. Personally I would package JP and the number 8 pick for the number 3 pick so we could take Invinsible.

Comment

Working...
        X