PDA

View Full Version : Remember we haven't made offers to our RFA's yet

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 09:02 AM
The league didn't release the numbers for RFA's, EFA's until last night apperantly. So expect about 1.5 mill or so to immediately come off of our cap. We will need about 2 mill I think for the draft picks but that isn't needed until july.

Check this out from ESPN...

"According to several sources, nine to 10 owners from some of the league's lowest revenue-producing franchises are adamant that any CBA extension must be accompanied by an amenable revenue-sharing plan, one that addresses their concerns about the ever-increasing disparity between the NFL "haves" and "have nots." It takes only nine votes to veto most important league proposals, and the contingent of low-revenue teams has sufficient votes to shoot down a CBA extension."

You know Ralph is in that group!

clumping platelets
03-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Minimum tender for RFAs is $712,000

1st rd tender is $1.552 million

1st & 3rd is $2.069 million

Michael82
03-02-2006, 09:14 AM
RFA

LB Mario Haggan (min. tender -> 7th rd) - Should be tendered, he is a solid Special teams guy and good depth

LB Josh Stamer (min. tender -> none) - Should be tendered the minimum, he is our best Special Teams player.

WR Sam Aiken (min. tender -> 4th rd) - Should be tendered, he is a solid Special teams guy and depth at WR, I still like him as our big receiver to help fill Moulds' spot.

OL Lawrence Smith (min. tender -> none) - GONE!

EFA

CB Jabari Greer - Should be tendered and kept. Is a decent cornerback and good depth.

OT/TE Jason Peters - Should have his contract extended so he is locked up. He is our best offensive lineman.

RB Shaud Williams - I didn't see anything out of him that excited me. See ya!

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 09:19 AM
RFA

LB Mario Haggan (min. tender -> 7th rd) - Should be tendered, he is a solid Special teams guy and good depth

LB Josh Stamer (min. tender -> none) - Should be tendered the minimum, he is our best Special Teams player.

WR Sam Aiken (min. tender -> 4th rd) - Should be tendered, he is a solid Special teams guy and depth at WR, I still like him as our big receiver to help fill Moulds' spot.

EFA

CB Jabari Greer - Should be tendered and kept. Is a decent cornerback and good depth.

OT/TE Jason Peters - Should have his contract extended so he is locked up. He is our best offensive lineman.

How screwed are we when our best OL man is an undrafted FA Tight end? That is pretty fugged up.

mysticsoto
03-02-2006, 09:29 AM
RFA

EFA

C'mon...Shaud has done everything he's been asked to do. He even blocks better than McGahee which is why he's put in on 3rd downs (contrary to what Mularkey used to say about giving Willis a break). Also, when giving a little space (which with the crappy Oline, was admittedly a little hard last year) Shaud has shown himself to be very elusive! He's a great backup/change of pace back.

In my opinion, we shouldn't mess with our RB situation - we are fine there, and I'd like to see Gates get alot of repetitions in preseason. In truth, he should have gotten more at the end of last year once we knew we wouldn't make it into the playoffs. But our crappy coach didn't allow young players to get any experience and they are now all the more worse for his crappy coaching!!!

clumping platelets
03-02-2006, 09:59 AM
RFAs: WR Aiken, LB Haggan, LB Stamer

EFAs: CB Greer, RB S. Williams, WR J. Smith, OL L. Smith, OT Peters

Doesn't matter where Lawrence Smith falls.....he's not likely to get tendered. All others should, IMHO, get the minimum tenders

Michael82
03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Minimum tender for RFAs is $712,000

1st rd tender is $1.552 million

1st & 3rd is $2.069 million
Here's the numbers..... :up:

Drive 4 Five
03-02-2006, 10:11 PM
C'mon...Shaud has done everything he's been asked to do. He even blocks better than McGahee which is why he's put in on 3rd downs (contrary to what Mularkey used to say about giving Willis a break). Also, when giving a little space (which with the crappy Oline, was admittedly a little hard last year) Shaud has shown himself to be very elusive! He's a great backup/change of pace back.

In my opinion, we shouldn't mess with our RB situation - we are fine there, and I'd like to see Gates get alot of repetitions in preseason. In truth, he should have gotten more at the end of last year once we knew we wouldn't make it into the playoffs. But our crappy coach didn't allow young players to get any experience and they are now all the more worse for his crappy coaching!!!

I agree. Don't understand all the hate towards Shaud Williams. Or Shad as he is so often referred too. Very nice change of pace back. Kinda like the Bill's version of the Kevin Faulk.

SABURZFAN
03-03-2006, 01:28 AM

NEGGED!!!!!!!!

give this guy the ball 8-10 times(rushing/receiving) and he can be a dangerous weapon for our offense.