PDA

View Full Version : Mock draft at nfldraftcountdown has changed...

mysticsoto
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Now they have us taking Winston Justice in the 1st rd, and moved Haloti Ngata to Cleveland. Justice is not a high character person and it is unlikely that Marv would like him even if he somehow thought he was worth going that high. They also have Brick dropping to #5 and being taken by San Fran which is ridiculous when San Fran spent so much on Jennings last year...to grab another LT and pay him a huge chunk also would look very poorly on them!!!

This is what they have for Buffalo:

Round 1: Winston Justice
Round 2: Nick Mangold

The funny thing is, their note on our 2nd rd pick says with Nick Mangold (C) we can then move Teague to LT - ??? Then why they hell did we draft a LT in the 1st rd to begin with???

This is the 1st time I've seen NFLdraftcountdown make so many really poor choices!!!

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I just went there and it has us taking John McCargo, DT from NC State in the 2nd round, with Mangold going towards the end of the first. ???

I have never heard of John McCargo before. Here's their scouting report on him: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/johnmccargo.html

RedEyE
03-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Justice is not a top 10 OT, but weirder things have happened.

mysticsoto
03-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I just went there and it has us taking John McCargo, DT from NC State in the 2nd round, with Mangold going towards the end of the first. ???

I have never heard of John McCargo before. Here's their scouting report on him: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/johnmccargo.html

Ahh...they must not have updated the 2nd rd when I looked. Now that makes more sense. There are alot of people that feel that McCargo is a decent prospect and they must have felt we should get an OT 1st and a DT 2nd.

I still disagree with that. We need an OG more than a tackle!!! And it would be best to grab a top one in the 2nd rd. Therefore, our 1st rd should switch to a top defensiveman (unless Brick were to fall to us). With all the holes we now have, we will have to wait until FA to see what should be done. There are just too many scenarios to consider:

1) if we lose Moulds we could grab Vernon Davis. He is listed as a TE, but he is as fast as a receiver and as big as one (in terms of height) but stronger and more difficult to bring down. Good luck covering him!

2) We could also go with Michael Huff to replace Milloy if we don't get a new SS. He could also be moved to CB next year if we lose Clements...

3) Haloti Ngata - since we lost Sam, we could get Haloti to be our premier DT alongside another in FA...

4) We could grab an unlikely candidate that may fall to us like Mario Williams or Brick.

5) We could trade down and make an attempt to get more picks.

ublinkwescore
03-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I think if we start focusing on getting our OL built up, it will help us on both sides of the ball - keep our O on the field and our D off the field so it stays rested. Our D was unable to get off the field last year because it was always tired by the time the second quarter was in it's final 7 minutes because our O couldn't stay on the field. I think if we change that by giving Losman some time, Evans some time to get deep and burn his man, and McGahee some holes to run through, we see a markedly improved team - DTs are gonna have to be addressed in the FA.

Night Train
03-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Now they have us taking Winston Justice in the 1st rd, and moved Haloti Ngata to Cleveland. Justice is not a high character person and it is unlikely that Marv would like him even if he somehow thought he was worth going that high. They also have Brick dropping to #5 and being taken by San Fran which is ridiculous when San Fran spent so much on Jennings last year...to grab another LT and pay him a huge chunk also would look very poorly on them!!!

This is what they have for Buffalo:

Round 1: Winston Justice
Round 2: Nick Mangold

The funny thing is, their note on our 2nd rd pick says with Nick Mangold (C) we can then move Teague to LT - ??? Then why they hell did we draft a LT in the 1st rd to begin with???

This is the 1st time I've seen NFLdraftcountdown make so many really poor choices!!!

Those sites are run by Kiper wannabe's. Scott Wright is a kid who provides a chat forum and information. That's it.

TigerJ
03-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Winston Justice has character issues to be sure, but the incidents that raised the character red flag both happened about a year and a half ago. Justice was grilled at the combine about those issues, and I thought gave decent responses.

He needs to get stronger and the character issues are real, but if a person seems up front about admitting the problems of the past and appears to be sufficiently motivated to keep his nose clean, I would consider taking him, and I think Marv might too. He would have to be considered a good value otherwise for the Bills to take him at #8 though.

I would expect the Bills to trade down before they would take Justice at #8, and if they traded down and Bunkley were still available, I think they might go with Bunkley before they draft Justice. If however they do trade down and Bunkley is not available when they pick, Justice might be the guy the Bills take. Bottom line: there are a number of scenarios that seem to me more likely than the Bills taking Justice at #8.