PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis

Kerr
03-02-2006, 11:39 AM
I keep hearing rumors that the bills would select him in a shocker. I wouldn't be entirely against it since i've heard nothing but great things about him. From what I can see is might convered into a WR because of his height. Personally, i've been hoping for the drafting for Chad Jackson, but it might not happen. It should be taken into consideration that Fairchild has said a veteran WR is needed for their offense, so taking Davis or any other rookie for that matter to make them a starter is essentially going against his words. Besides that, you will have a lot of angry fans becuase they did not selected a bigger need such as O-line or D-line.

Don't be surprised if a switch of sorts is made. With Moulds on the verge of his departure, keep an eye on the Issac Bruce situation with the Rams. He could end up being cut. You have to believe Fairchild will make a run for him. He's a veteran WR who knows the offense inside out.

gr8slayer
03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
I'd take him. You dont pass up talent like that man.

Bert102176
03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I would take him too think he would help us out greatly

Devin
03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I wouldnt mind Davis, id prefer we go D (Huff/Ngata/Hali...etc) but id be happy with Davis.

dannyek71
03-02-2006, 12:13 PM
I still think we might be better off trading down. This team has so many needs.

Billsrock4life
03-02-2006, 01:18 PM
I'd take him. You dont pass up talent like that man.

feel the same way man he is waY 2 good 2 pass up and plus they need a TE since cambell is gone

casdhf
03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Huff

Tatonka
03-02-2006, 02:17 PM
the guy is like david boston, but not a POS.

kgun12
03-02-2006, 02:23 PM
If we fill ALL our holes via FA then yes we could pick him up. However there are alot of hole OL/DL, S, CB, if Moulds goes WR. If not it doesn't matter if we draft Davis, trade for Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison and P. Manning, sign S. Alexander if your QB is on his back cause the line sucks as bad as it has for the last 5 years and we aren't able to stop the run and teams scoring on us, picking a TE in the first round is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Don't give me, well Pittsburg did it cause they didn't have any holes, or look at what Gates, Gonzalus and Shockey do for there teams. 1. They all have good lines and decent D's. 2. none of the went to the Super Bowl. 3. Shockely I believe was a 1st rounder and how many SB have they been to since his arrivial or Gonzalus for that matter? 4. Gates was found working for a package company. Every SB winning team had one thin in common Great OL/DL EVERYONE of them, when we have grat lines then and only then can we afford to waste a 1st round pick on a TE.

Crisis
03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
the guy is like david boston, but not a POS.

David Boston + roids?

patmoran2006
03-02-2006, 03:31 PM
There's not a LB in the NFL who can cover Davis and he hasn't played a single down yet..

You do the math.. With a line that will be improving but still rebuilding a young QB, what's better than having a reliable weapon over the middle?

Sign a DT, take another in round 2.
Sign a SS, Tank williams would come at a decent price
SIgn Fabini and a new center or guard..

and DRAFT DAVIS PLEASE!

TedMock
03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
He's still going to be a TE in the NFL. He was a TE/H-Back at MD. I read somebody post that he was only an H-Back. Not true, but no biggie. Most HBacks are TEs at heart. Davis is also over 250lbs, so I don't see a full switch to WR. Chris Cooley plays the H.Back role in Washington, or we could see an Shannon Sharpe style TE. Davis isn't the greatest blocker, but he's not terrible, and he is a nasty s.o.b.

Kerr
03-02-2006, 04:32 PM
It's possible levy could be thinking of having his own McKellar and Metz when it comes picking 8th. Everett and Davis could be pretty scary.