PDA

View Full Version : Who will the Bills sign first through FA?

Bill Brasky
03-02-2006, 12:47 PM
vote!

djjimkelly
03-02-2006, 12:54 PM
i think bils wait until the massacre is done tehn look at everyone and grab O LINE and ill say at this point i dont think certain O LINE on our team are safe. i mean if u can sign a real guard for 3-4 mil and cut bennie fat boy anderson and save a couple mil i think thats what marv is gonna do. how would will shields who just got cut by the chiefs look like in bills UNI for a few seasons!!!!!!!!!

mysticsoto
03-02-2006, 01:02 PM
i think bils wait until the massacre is done tehn look at everyone and grab O LINE and ill say at this point i dont think certain O LINE on our team are safe. i mean if u can sign a real guard for 3-4 mil and cut bennie fat boy anderson and save a couple mil i think thats what marv is gonna do. how would will shields who just got cut by the chiefs look like in bills UNI for a few seasons!!!!!!!!!

Cutting Bennie does NOT save a couple of mil. It saves something like $900k. For what we are paying him, he can be a valuable backup guard. We are not paying him alot and he can be useful. The backups we have had in the past have been horrendous and he has experience and will not be playing all the time (will be fresh) in case we need him. We have to plan thinking that Olinemen get hurt frequently by the nature of their job, and we need experienced people to back them up. Otherwise, we end up using the Jerman's of the world - and we know how that turned out!!!

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Cutting Bennie does NOT save a couple of mil. It saves something like $900k. For what we are paying him, he can be a valuable backup guard. We are not paying him alot and he can be useful. The backups we have had in the past have been horrendous and he has experience and will not be playing all the time (will be fresh) in case we need him. We have to plan thinking that Olinemen get hurt frequently by the nature of their job, and we need experienced people to back them up. Otherwise, we end up using the Jerman's of the world - and we know how that turned out!!!

I'm with Mystic. We need some depth on the OL, and while everybody agrees Bennie cant start for us again, he's a solid backup. We're not going to save much by cutting him, b/c we'll have to get someone in to take his place. Almost any free agent we sign for OL depth will be just as expensive, and any rookie we draft low enough to sign to a minimum contract is probably not going to have the immediate skills to serve as a capable backup.

You have to recognize Bennie for what he is: a good backup. We tried to make him a starter, which he is not. He offers good value as a backup for what we're paying him.