PDA

View Full Version : players feel out of the loop

justasportsfan
03-02-2006, 01:23 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5374588

Several players have called FOXSports.com today to voice concern over not having enough information as to why they are stalemated. While the players may agree with Upshaw's stance, several have claimed they simply do not feel in the loop, including several player reps. Upshaw's executive committee has been kept in the fold with regards to the dealings.

BTW, Glover and SHields are FA's

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
That is what I have been saying. Vincent needs to contact the player reps for all 32 teams and hold an emergancy meeting. Call for a vote of no confidence in Upshaw and appoint someone else.

Upshaw to me is working on Ego. I don't know if he did or not, but at some point shouldn't he take this stuff to the player reps and let them vote on these issues? who is to say the players wouldn't accept say 57% instead of a hard line 60% etc?

Michael82
03-02-2006, 01:32 PM
This sounds like the NHL's Goodenow. :snicker:

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
This sounds like the NHL's Goodenow. :snicker:

Yep and how did that work out for him? hopefully the same with upshaw. Upshaw to me always has an edge about him. Like his life goal is to stick it to the man every day or something.

EricStratton
03-02-2006, 02:10 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5374588

Several players have called FOXSports.com today to voice concern over not having enough information as to why they are stalemated. While the players may agree with Upshaw's stance, several have claimed they simply do not feel in the loop, including several player reps. Upshaw's executive committee has been kept in the fold with regards to the dealings.

BTW, Glover and SHields are FA's

A beat writer for the New York Daily News was on 1050 at noon and he said he had about 15-20 Jets and Giants call him for information.

That is how far behind the players association is on this.

Gunzlingr
03-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I hear some players are calling ICE for info on what is going on! How desperate do you think they are?