PDA

View Full Version : Bills tender contracts to free agents!

Mitchy moo
03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Bills Tender Contracts To Free Agents

With the free agency period set to begin on Friday, March 3, the first order of business for General Manager/Football Operations Marv Levy is to begin the process of exercising their option to make contract offers to their young players, who in effect remain tied to the team.

By tendering offers on the team's Restricted Free Agents (RFA) - a player who just finished his third season in the league and his contract is about to expire - the Bills will be given draft-round compensation should the players sign elsewhere.

Players with two or fewer years of experience who have no outside negotiating power are considered Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (EFA). Their rights belong to their club provided they are made a minimum qualifying offer.

Restricted Free Agents Tendered
Name Position Round Drafted
Sam Aiken WR 4th Round (2003)
Mario Haggan LB 7th Round (2003)
Josh Stamer LB Undrafted

Exclusive Rights Players Tendered
Name Position Round Drafted
Jabari Greer CB Undrafted
Jason Peters OL Undrafted
Jonathan Smith WR 7th Round (2004)
Shaud Williams RB Undrafted

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3624

Mitchy moo
03-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Can anyone figure this out if they like or dislike these moves??

Devin
03-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Levy better lock up Peters.

kgun12
03-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Can anyone figure this out if they like or dislike these moves??The only one I really don't like is Shaud Williams. I don't understand he seems to small to me and didn't really do all that much last year. I like gates better.

Ebenezer
03-02-2006, 05:44 PM
they are tendered...no big deal. they bring them to camp and if they don't work out then they are cut with no hit on the cap...

Michael82
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
And the good thing about all these players if the CBA isn't extended is that they will all be RFA's again next year. :up:

gr8slayer
03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Thank god.

gr8slayer
03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
If we dont lock up Peters I will go nuts.

Tatonka
03-02-2006, 06:45 PM
The only one I really don't like is Shaud Williams. I don't understand he seems to small to me and didn't really do all that much last year. I like gates better.

um.. gates did nothing either.. so how can you like him over williams?

willis didnt do anything at all, but we expect shaud too?

there is nothing wrong with williams being on this team.

Tatonka
03-02-2006, 06:46 PM
does anyone know what kind of tender they made for these guys? dont you tender them with a certain amount that is equivelent to the draft pick you would get if someone else signed them?

gr8slayer
03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Im glad were keeping Shaud.

Ebenezer
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
does anyone know what kind of tender they made for these guys? dont you tender them with a certain amount that is equivelent to the draft pick you would get if someone else signed them?
I haven't seen that yet but it should be out soon. The numbers are out on what those tenders will be. Clump was showing me them last night. I don't know if he started a thread or not. Tendering a player for a 1st and 3rd is over $2mil. Tendering for a 1st is around $1.5. The other was in the $755K range. It is interesting. McGee's contract put him right where he would have been for the 1st and 3rd round tender. Crowell's contract puts him right around the 1st round tender. Not bad actually.

Bert102176
03-02-2006, 09:37 PM
I really like Shaud

Bert102176
03-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I really like what Marv is doing so far, but I just hope Moulds will put the team 1st instead of being a money hungry ass wipe

ParanoidAndroid
03-02-2006, 10:14 PM
I really just think Moulds wants to go to a place like Denver who will be a contender....maybe. In today's NFL, you never know.

Jan Reimers
03-03-2006, 05:01 AM
Several of these guys comprise the heart of our special teams. Marv is a huge special teams - or in his words, "kicking teams" - guy.

Saratoga Slim
03-03-2006, 08:39 AM
I like "Kicking Teams." "Special Teams" makes it sound like they take the short bus to the stadium.

Billsrock4life
03-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Levy better lock up Peters.

yeah peters is good theyu need 2 resign shaud williams 2 aswell he is a good blocking back and a nice change of pace 2 mcgahee

Mitchy moo
03-03-2006, 02:29 PM
I like "Kicking Teams." "Special Teams" makes it sound like they take the short bus to the stadium.:drive: :shortbus:

vicmantak
03-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Where is Ryan Denney? Does it mean that the new coaching staff is commited to spend the money on a new DE? I wonder if they still have in mind that we need to win now.

G. Host
03-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Ryan Denney is a FA and so far they have not tendered an offer to him but they are concentrating on those players with Bills already have control over. I am not aware that any players who will be FAs for Bills were given offers. Uncertainity about salary cap makes it very difficult to make any committments right now.