PDA

View Full Version : NFL DELAYS FREE AGENCY!!!!

RedEyE
03-02-2006, 04:11 PM
http://www.kffl.com/images/hot_sign.jpgNFL | Free agency starting three days later
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:06:44 -0800
ESPNews reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL has delayed the start of free agency by three days. It was previously scheduled to begin Friday, March 3.

Bling
03-02-2006, 04:12 PM
:(

RedEyE
03-02-2006, 04:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9279009

RedEyE
I wonder how this effects players that were already released?

Devin
cool I think, maybe it will lead to something getting done.

Italian Stallion
03-02-2006, 04:14 PM
damnitttttttttttttt

Not having this extension would really help the Bills as players in Free Agency...now if they delay the begining of FA, and come to an agreement, teams like washington, indy, denver will benifit in a huge way. NOT GOOD

audio/s
03-02-2006, 04:18 PM
If it affects already relesed players then we could get LM back

Mitchy moo
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
NFL owners delay free agency three days

A few hours after NFL owners voted to continue their standoff with the players' union, the league extended its deadline for free agency by three days and resumed talks.

The breakthrough came with a mutual agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association Thursday afternoon.

Things had looked bleak Thursday morning when owners rejected the union's latest proposal. No new talks were scheduled. While the owners were willing to give the players 56.2 percent of total revenues, the players were asking for 60 percent along with a revenue sharing formula among owners.

Now, there is a little breathing room to try to do a deal.

The owners' vote to reject a union proposal after a 57-minute meeting earlier in the day had seemed to end 13 years of labor peace. The action left the salary cap at $94.5 million for the start of free agency, which had been scheduled to begin Friday.

Without a new deal, teams that expected a cap about $10 million higher would have to cut players to become cap compliant, casting more players onto the market, but leaving little cap space to sign them. That deadline has been pushed back until 6 p.m. ET Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2351271

camelcowboy
03-02-2006, 04:25 PM
damnitttttttttttttt

Not having this extension would really help the Bills as players in Free Agency...now if they delay the begining of FA, and come to an agreement, teams like washington, indy, denver will benifit in a huge way. NOT GOOD

Your being narrow minded sure this year the cap would screw bigger market teams in cap trouble, but when the don't have a cap next years they will have the last laught, this is great news. NFL needs a cap and a cba, so this is better then any free agent signing right now. Lets hope the get it done.

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Yes. we need a CBA extension. Anything we might gain this season would be far eclipsed by the damage that a lack of salary cap would do to Buffalo 2-3-4 years down the line.

Michael82
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Your being narrow minded sure this year the cap would screw bigger market teams in cap trouble, but when the don't have a cap next years they will have the last laught, this is great news. NFL needs a cap and a cba, so this is better then any free agent signing right now. Lets hope the get it done.
Good post! Even though this low cap number helps us now because it forces some teams to release many players....not having a new CBA in place by the start of the season is the worst thing ever for the Buffalo Bills and other small market teams and even the NFL.

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I guess I am in the minority. I think it is stupid. The owners and NFLPA refused all this time to talk and even said screw you this morning. Screw em. Let them have about 5 more hours to make their cuts and deal with it.

They screwed around this long, let them pay for it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Get the deal done ASAP.

tat2dmike77
03-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Just shows that everyone is greedy and in the end we the fans take it in the rear end.

ICE74129
03-02-2006, 04:50 PM
If it affects already relesed players then we could get LM back

Everyone up to this point was released because they were going to be released anyway, the cap was just part of it. They are not coming back.

Michael82
03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen says that this delay was made ONLY for the NFL and Players Association to come to an agreement on the CBA.

JJamezz
03-02-2006, 05:49 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen says that this delay was made ONLY for the NFL and Players Association to come to an agreement on the CBA.

Well, DUH... Thanks for the insight Mort!

!Papacrunk!
03-02-2006, 06:28 PM
I really hope they can get this done. Not really reassuring that today's meeting only lasted 55 minutes, but I'm hoping something will happen. I enjoy parity, I think it's great that every team always has a chance to be successful on an equal playing field, as opposed to the super teams that bought their way in the past.