I hate the Dolphins, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

I hate the Dolphins, but...

...I just listened to Kevin Carter on NFL Total Access and he is a player that truly gets it. He understands that the system in place is great for everybody and especially the fans. He didn't talk about how the players need to get more money or how they are suffering and not getting the percentage they should. He just was really cool and took a really good perspective on the entire situation. Now that is a class guy who would help anybody's team in the locker room.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: I hate the Dolphins, but...

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    ...I just listened to Kevin Carter on NFL Total Access and he is a player that truly gets it. He understands that the system in place is great for everybody and the especially the fans. He didn't talk about how the players need to get more money or how they are suffering and not getting the percentage they should. He just was really cool and took a really good perspective of the entire situation. Now that is a class guy who would help anybody's team in the locker room.
    and don't be surprised if he is a cap cut...the Dolphins still have some trimming to do.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      and don't be surprised if he is a cap cut...the Dolphins still have some trimming to do.

FROM KFFL
      Dolphins | Carter possible cap victim
      Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:35:43 -0800
      Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins DL Kevin Carter is a possible salary cap vicitm if there is no collective bargaining agreement extension. Carter carries a $5.4 million cap number for the 2006 season. The team has approached him about restructuring his contract.
      I really hope he agrees to restructure or the CBA gets miraculously redone. I was excited when Kevin Carter was on the radar last year, from his production with the Rams and later with the Titans, and hearing about being such a great person doing a lot with charities and what not. On the field he was a great addition to our sack happy line, but his intangibles--leadership with the veterans and especially the youngsters as well as being pretty smart in general. I'm a big fan of Carter if you can't tell, so I really hope something works out, at least he really enjoys S. Florida, which was a big reason he signed last year, and also has had a lot of great words about Saban and Saban's philosophies that landed him with the Phins in the first place. Don't know him personally, but seems like a really grade A quality guy that I hope we can keep.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Those are the type of guys you need to find a way to keep. Carter is a class act.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Kadiddlehopper
          • Jan 2006

Glad to see someone else appreciates a class act. Hoping we retain him.

Comment

• Bling
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Don't be surprised, but it's unlikely. We're still 6.6 mil over, but we Seau still here (2.9 mil), and between Frerotte and Carter we get under the cap easily.

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

I hope he gets cut and comes to Buffalo
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                • May 2003

I hate the Dolphins and there are no buts about it.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                  ....formerly OhBF
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bling
                  Don't be surprised, but it's unlikely. We're still 6.6 mil over, but we Seau still here (2.9 mil), and between Frerotte and Carter we get under the cap easily.
                  The picture I have of him was from the SB (Rams vs. Titans) when he took himself out at the end (too pooped to participate) and Vermeil was standing there asking something along the lines, "a minute to go and you're coming out?" The look of disbelief on Vermeil's face was priceless. Back in that day he was considered a very talented player, but one that took too many plays off and wore out his welcome in St. Louis. Nice guy? Maybe, but he wasn't without his worts....
                  Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                  own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                    I hate the Dolphins and there are no buts about it.
                    Mama raised you well.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Kevin Carter Willing To Restructure...
                      Posted on: 2006-03-03

[Sun-Sentinel] Dolphins management spent much of Thursday trying to renegotiate contracts to clear cap space. Defensive tackle Kevin Carter said he is likely to restructure his deal to lower a 2006 cap number of $5.4 million.

"When I was with Tennessee, I think I redid my deal every March pretty much just to help them out," said Carter, who played with the Titans from 2001 to 2004. "It's not a bad thing."

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Carter is very cool. When he came to Buffalo (back when he was with the Titans) he was the only one that came over (during preseason) to sign autographs for a few kids who had traveled 6 or 8 hours with their parents to come see them. McNair was being called by these young kids and he would just look away and gave the impression of being very egotistical. Carter heard them and came over an signed autographs and gave them his gloves and other "little" things. I told Carter that if he ever wanted to come to Buffalo, we would welcome him. He just looked at me thinking that I was being sarcastic but when he saw I didn't change my face and I was serious, he smiled and shook my hand...

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Carter is very cool. When he came to Buffalo (back when he was with the Titans) he was the only one that came over (during preseason) to sign autographs for a few kids who had traveled 6 or 8 hours with their parents to come see them. McNair was being called by these young kids and he would just look away and gave the impression of being very egotistical. Carter heard them and came over an signed autographs and gave them his gloves and other "little" things. I told Carter that if he ever wanted to come to Buffalo, we would welcome him. He just looked at me thinking that I was being sarcastic but when he saw I didn't change my face and I was serious, he smiled and shook my hand...

the Kelly Monaco pic is a damn good way to make sure we all read your posts.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                          X