PDA

View Full Version : From Mort... on the Mike & Mike Show

The Quebecer
03-03-2006, 07:02 AM
NFLPA & the NFL owners are meeting face-to-face today in New York, and it seems that we may see an agreement on a new labor deal... (Mort said : fairly optimistic...)

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2006, 07:05 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray:

SquishDaFish
03-03-2006, 07:06 AM
I heard it also on Mike and Mike. HE said something holding it all up was something about cash spent from the teams on top fo the cap?? He said he couldnt explain because he would even confuse himself LMAO.

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm pretty sure the argument is over a 4% difference in revenue sharing. The owners want to give the players 56% and the players want 60 %

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what the middle ground is.

SquishDaFish
03-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Not only that he said basically the Owners tried to play poker yesterday and call the players bluff but it didnt work so they called the players assoc and said they have a new proposal for the players and Upshaw agreed to move the deadline for FA and salary cuts to get it done.

ICE74129
03-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Here is the #1 issue. The players want 60% period while giving the owners NO consession on money spent on stadiums, upkeep, and other things that owners have to pay for. They just want 60% of the gross. It will NEVER happen.

Hell the IRS allows a business owner to deduct his lease, utilities etc before determining taxable income.

Italian Stallion
03-03-2006, 07:18 AM
I wonder if they get a deal done, free agency will still start monday, or will they push it back more???

ICE74129
03-03-2006, 07:21 AM
I wonder if they get a deal done, free agency will still start monday, or will they push it back more???

I would guess one more week but not much more than that. It leaves too little time to do FA esp with all the cuts etc THEN try to get the draft done. 1 Week max is my guess.

SquishDaFish
03-03-2006, 07:25 AM
It will be Monday. I dont see them pushing it back anymore.

ICE74129
03-03-2006, 07:29 AM
It will be Monday. I dont see them pushing it back anymore.

And I got to thinking after my post, why should they? The CBA is the CBA and the only thing they need to know they can learn in 1 hour of review. Maybe 1 week from today tops would be the setback.

The Quebecer
03-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Imho, FA will start sunday @ midnight...

The way I see it, NFLPA & the owners already know that they will be able to get an agreement on a new CBA, so they talked about it yesterday & decided that it would be enough to push FA until sunday @ midnight...

clumping platelets
03-03-2006, 07:49 AM
It's gonna get done :gossip:

ICE74129
03-03-2006, 07:54 AM
It's gonna get done :gossip:

Agreed, but the longer they keep pushing back FA the harder it is on the draft. Look you of all people know there won't be major changes in how FA's/ Draft picks are delt with. Not so much they can't kick this off monday anyway. They need to quit screwing around with it and get going.

SquishDaFish
03-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Wow Ice becomes a Donor and all of a sudden since that point acc talks with some smarts. Either the Donor part did it or he got a new connection in NFL and Front office of the Bills that is better then the direct # to his buddy and fellow coach LEvy LMAO. (j/k)

T-Long
03-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Gene Upshaw said he will NOT sign off on another deadline pushback. If it doesnt get done by Sunday, its not getting done. Free agency will definitely start at 12:01am Monday morning.

Michael82
03-04-2006, 02:28 PM
:pray:

Gunzlingr
03-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Sounds like things have fallen apart again.

johnnybravo
03-04-2006, 10:17 PM
long time visitor first time poster:

just thinking out loud.

The whole CBA thing is annoying. Why don't they just settle?
PFT reported that it's done, it's not done, it may get done, why isnt' it done, and it still may get done.

Imagine looking at your articles posted in a three day period and saying "Did I really write all that?"

tat2dmike77
03-04-2006, 10:42 PM

just thinking out loud.

PFT reported that it's done, it's not done, it may get done, why isnt' it done, and it still may get done.

Imagine looking at your articles posted in a three day period and saying "Did I really write all that?"

Well uh shizile ya know homie the thing is g's talk and gays walk i wanna be a g and beat my wife and make 20 mill for about five years. I'm a thug and damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Michael82
03-05-2006, 11:10 AM

just thinking out loud.

Welcome johnnybravo. :posrep:

i agree with you, this whole CBA thing is very annoying and it really sucks that we'll have to heard about it again in 2011, even if they get a deal done now. :ill:

Jan Reimers
03-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Greed and stupidity know no bounds. Just look at what the NHL did to itself. I just hope the NFL players and owners are a little smarter.

LtFinFan66
03-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Sounds somewhat promising!