PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Kevin Mawae to be cut

MikeInRoch
03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
From ESPN Radio Gamenight: Kevin Mawae believes he is going to be cut from the Jets. Granted, he is 35, but he would be a monster upgrade at Center...

EricStratton
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
If his shoulder is OK he would be a great addition for not only his play but his attitude and his brain.

ESPN in NY said about 10 minutes ago he is cut.

ublinkwescore
03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
let's get him, and have him help with the grooming of Preston.

THATHURMANATOR
03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
He is old.

TacklingDummy
03-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I said a couple of weeks ago Mawae was probably gonna get cut. And I wouldnt mind signing him if the price was right.

G. Host
03-03-2006, 10:49 AM
It is time to build to the future not hire stop gap players.

ICE74129
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Preston is our center. I swear this board is beyond 'Maddenized'. Sign this guy, sign that guy, Keep moulds at 11 mill cap hit. We cut moulds AND the cap goes up we have a shot at TWO OL Men tops. We still need TWO DT's, SS, WR, Draft picks to sign etc. The cap gets eaten up real fast.

ICE74129
03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
:bf1:

ParanoidAndroid
03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Play Preston or get someone younger with some experience. Mawae was great but he's over the hill IMO.

Mahdi
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Preston is our center. I swear this board is beyond 'Maddenized'. Sign this guy, sign that guy, Keep moulds at 11 mill cap hit. We cut moulds AND the cap goes up we have a shot at TWO OL Men tops. We still need TWO DT's, SS, WR, Draft picks to sign etc. The cap gets eaten up real fast.
If Preston can handle starting at C Im all for it, but he didnt exactly play well for us last year. He was getting pushed around.

EricStratton
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM

I think this guy is different . If he's healthy (he claims he is but a physical would be needed of course) he's the type of player who shows other guys how to be good players.

Plus his line calls and leadership have been proven.

And before the coach *****es I've never played Madden and I've never considered players for that reason. Living in Jersey I've watched and listened to this guy for a bunch of years and I think he has move value then just what he does when the ball is snapped.

ICE74129
03-03-2006, 11:16 AM
I think this guy is different . If he's healthy (he claims he is but a physical would be needed of course) he's the type of player who shows other guys how to be good players.

Plus his line calls and leadership have been proven.

And before the coach *****es I've never played Madden and I've never considered players for that reason. Living in Jersey I've watched and listened to this guy for a bunch of years and I think he has move value then just what he does when the ball is snapped.
If he were about 5 years younger and not coming off of the injury, I have no issues with him. He has hands down been one of the best centers over the last 10 years. But we have preston and have greater needs right now AND KM is on the downside of his career and getting there quickly.

Saratoga Slim
03-03-2006, 11:45 AM
all depends on the $$. I like the idea of having a proven vet as mentor/backup etc for Preston, but Mawae may be a little pricey for that role. Only way I want to pay a bunch for another center is if it's a guy like Bentley who has skills AND youth on his side.