X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

How about a young Pro Bowl Tackle for the Bills

Colts LT Tarik Glenn is believed to be a possible salary cap cut.
    It would be a surprise, but the face he's even mentioned means the Colts have identified left tackle as a problem area. Running back Dominic Rhodes and cornerback Nick Harper are also possible cuts. Mar. 3 - 10:14 am et
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: How about a young Pro Bowl Tackle for the Bills

He would move to the absolute top of my wish list!

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

He would cost a pretty penny.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

Well, our choices are:

1. Pay for a top free agent like Glenn.

2. Pay a little less by moving Peters to LT, and drafting or signing a FA RT like John Runyon.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

What is he currently scheduled to make? Maybe Marv could convince his old friend to trade his contarct for a song or maybe a chapter of his book.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
            Well, our choices are:

1. Pay for a top free agent like Glenn.

2. Pay a little less by moving Peters to LT, and drafting or signing a FA RT like John Runyon.
            Option #1 every time. Left tackle is the one position that I would really like to see the Bills org quick dicking with. We want to plug in a non drafted free agent, tight end at LT? No. Sign Glenn if released.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
              What is he currently scheduled to make? Maybe Marv could convince his old friend to trade his contarct for a song or maybe a chapter of his book.
              Good call G.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                Option #1 every time. Left tackle is the one position that I would really like to see the Bills org quick dicking with. We want to plug in a non drafted free agent, tight end at LT? No. Sign Glenn if released.
                Because of the athleticism it takes to deal with speed rushers, LT is basically a skill position. I havent seen enough of Peters at LT to know whether he can handle it for sure, but he is probably more athletic and agile than most of the league's top tackles. there is more to it though, so IF Mcnally and Co are VERY psyched about Peters' ability to play LT, I'm Ok with him there, if it means we bring in a top RT FA or draft prospect.

But if it's more of a case that they think Peters would do an ADEQUATE job at LT, I'd rather cough up the money and land Glenn if he can be had for a price reasonably commensurate with his value (i.e. not a jonas jennings contract), and leave peters at RT. Or, alternatively, and its a poor alternative b/c we have no way of knowing whether he'll still be on the board, draft the Brick at LT and leave peters at RT.

Either way, I agree that LT is a critical upgrade for this offseason. Gandy did a pretty good job, but I want a rock at LT
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

so IF Mcnally and Co are VERY psyched about Peters' ability to play LT, I'm Ok with him there, if it means we bring in a top RT FA or draft prospect.
                  But McNally isn't a real coach. Ice is.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Doing the adjustment to covert Peters to a LT does not make sense unless Bills extend his contract first. Due to fact he was a UDFA Bills do not get compenation pick if Bills do the work and someone else picks him up. He makes more sense as a LT than a RT since his run blocking sucks more than his Wonderlic test!

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      But McNally isn't a real coach. Ice is.
                      Football basics. If you have a player that has been a good player most of his playing life at LT, that is who you put at LT instead of a converted TE.

Now I know McNally is happy with ( I never read anywhere that the words 'VERY psyched about Peters' ability to play LT' were ever said by McNally) His athletic abilities. But LT is THE most important spot on the OL with Center Being 2nd. It is common sense to put the best possible player there.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Football basics. If you have a player that has been a good player most of his playing life at LT, that is who you put at LT instead of a converted TE.

Now I know McNally is happy with ( I never read anywhere that the words 'VERY psyched about Peters' ability to play LT' were ever said by McNally) His athletic abilities. But LT is THE most important spot on the OL with Center Being 2nd. It is common sense to put the best possible player there.
                        :stfu: You wish your not even worthy of carrying Mouse's jock .
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          :stfu: You wish your not even worthy of carrying Mouse's jock .
                          I can guarantee you right now, JMac would take Glenn over Peters any day of the week. I can also guarantee you if he had his way we would have a veteran LT who has played his entire career there in a heartbeat over any other position on the OL outside of maybe Center. Center would be his 2nd pick.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                            • Aug 2003

One thing about Peters he practiced all training camp and during the season at LT until Williams got hurt thats when they switched him to RT

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Because of the athleticism it takes to deal with speed rushers, LT is basically a skill position. I havent seen enough of Peters at LT to know whether he can handle it for sure, but he is probably more athletic and agile than most of the league's top tackles. there is more to it though, so IF Mcnally and Co are VERY psyched about Peters' ability to play LT, I'm Ok with him there, if it means we bring in a top RT FA or draft prospect.

But if it's more of a case that they think Peters would do an ADEQUATE job at LT, I'd rather cough up the money and land Glenn if he can be had for a price reasonably commensurate with his value (i.e. not a jonas jennings contract), and leave peters at RT. Or, alternatively, and its a poor alternative b/c we have no way of knowing whether he'll still be on the board, draft the Brick at LT and leave peters at RT.

Either way, I agree that LT is a critical upgrade for this offseason. Gandy did a pretty good job, but I want a rock at LT
                              If Jonas Jennings can get a big contract then Glenn can get an even bigger one - he is definitely the superior player.

Comment

Working...
                              X