PDA

View Full Version : My New Three Round Mock, With Trades a Surprise Bills pick

patmoran2006
03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't know if you will agree with any or all of the Bills selections I got in my mock or not. But nobody is really discussing this guy and don't be at all shocked if it happens, regardless if we pick #8 or not.. From a few people somewhat knowledgable about the draft, I'm starting to hear A LOT more about him than before.

"Mock" Me Baby.. Three Rounds (With Trades) (http://blogs.foxsports.com/patmoran2006/2006/03/03/Mock_Me_Baby_Three_Rounds_With_Trades)

T-Long
03-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Jets have holes to fill but Houston does too. No way they trade out of the top spot. They won't sell tickets with Brick.

Kiwanuka wont fall that far in round 2.

Ko Simpson will go in the first round

I don't see the Bills taking Bunkley. Yeah he fits our scheme better but 10 is WAY too high to select him, especially with Ngata still on the board.

I am just finishing up my mock draft, I will post mine in the next few days. Good post though man, keep up the good work.

patmoran2006
03-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I got Bush going number one, just not to Houston... I got Brick three to Tenn.

And I can see why you say that about Bunkley now. But I got this funny feeling as April 29 draws closer Bunkley is going up and up until he gets to the top ten...

Every mock is speculation, I don't care if your Pat Moran, Joe Schmoe or Mel Kiper.. A lot can and does happen with Free Agency before April 29.. For Example, if Buffalo was to sign Kemoeatu and Bernard (highly unlikely but possible) then obviously we're not going DT.

Still, it's fun to speculate.. I consider myself somewhat knowledgable and put some good thought into my mock.. TRANSLATION: I work at HSBC Mortgage and I pretty much hid from my boss the entire date, Printed out all my draft material and typed away.. Boss think's I"m processing.. well, techincally.. I was.

T-Long
03-03-2006, 08:54 PM
haha thats what I like to hear. I put together a 7 round mock last year and I held up all the people in my college's library while I was printing out numerous copies for people. Oh well...they had stupid papers or something to print out...I had more important things to print. Like I said, I will post mine soon, and feel free to make any comments on mine. Thanks man

gonzo1105
03-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Everybody laughs now but I dont even care if Buffalo takes Bunkley at 8. He is better then Ngata i've been saying it for Months but no one hears it cause the "experts" are always right. By the way Bunkley is up to 306 now fyi. I'm a big FSU fan and its a joke how everyone hate on Brod Bunkley like he is some bum off the street when he will be imo very comparable to Kevin Williams from the Vikings in the future. Then two years later after he's dominating they'll either be going man I knew we had to take him or ***** why didn't we take him at 8 when we had the chance.

ArcticWildMan
03-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Interesting trade ideas. Not impossible by any means.

patmoran2006
03-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Well with Bunkley or Ngata, I suppose you cant go wrong with solid DT help..

But what do you guys think of the other picks?
Spencer at Guard? Bullocks at Safety?
Omar Jacobs in the third round at QB?

RedEyE
03-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm glad you had fun with it. I don't see it happening though.

Ngata - Bunkley: Whatever. either or could matter to me. Only a coin toss is what divides these two.

Omar Jacobs won't last the 2nd round and with Cutler, Leinart, and Young all projected to go in the Top of the first, he may not even make it out of the bottom of the 1st. Brodie Croyle will most likely not even make it out of the 2nd.

I'm all for grabbing a G in the 2nd. I guess a SS is now a necessity as well.

TigerJ
03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Actually Bunkley weighed over 300 at the combine. I've heard St. Louis is hot for Ngata and might be a possible trading partner for Buffalo, maybe more likely than Arizona.

Bmax
03-04-2006, 01:52 AM
The thing i mean bunkley is a beast .. He shot up my list after the senior bowl then went through the roof after the combine... Ten is a little high right now maybe 15 . Mccargo from NC. ST is a guy to keep your eyes on in the later rounds 3-5... I have been on the spencer bandwagon for awhile.. Love that pick.. also bullocks will be a player....When we think SS we have to think the second coming of henry jones who was guy who could run and cover not a in the box guy like milloy..

Bmax

jpdex12
03-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Well with Bunkley or Ngata, I suppose you cant go wrong with solid DT help..

But what do you guys think of the other picks?
Spencer at Guard? Bullocks at Safety?
Omar Jacobs in the third round at QB?

Thanks for spending the time to put your thoughts together.

I might add that Orien Harris, Brian Calhoun, Anthony Fasano and Ko Simpson will go a little higher than projected, but we'll see.

I like the DT in the first and Spencer and Bullocks, but I don't see us grabbing Jacobs. I'd say that Marv will want a younger veteran like a Josh McKown to add some heat to the QB competition.

My question is, if we don't trade and grab another second round pick, who do we grab in the second? A guy like Spencer or Bullocks? Keep in mind that we need to work on the O-line early in the draft and I see that you didn't have any O-lineman going to Buffalo in the 1st.

ICE74129
03-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Having watched the combine, I think Bunkley might have an edge on Ngata now. I think Ngata may become the next great 3-4 NT vs a 3-4 gap guy.

patmoran2006
03-04-2006, 09:06 AM
REd: I disagree, Jacob's is not going in round one of the draft.. He's maybe 50/50 to go in the second round. A lot of teams are cutting more players than they hoped too right now, making them less inclined to "take a chance" on a quarterback so early in the draft unless they project him to START right away (LEinart, young and cutler)

Here's the thing about every draft.. There are around 40 first rounders, but only 32 first round spots..

Ko Simpson and Fassano I definitely have a little lower than most others do. I also got a few guys going higher than most do.

JPDEX: Excellent question . If we dont have two 2nd rounders do we take the safety or the guard in the second. I'm leanin towards guard, because I think there is much better depth at safety in this draft.

T-Long
03-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I like the pick of Bullocks...the kid is a stud. I would much rather address the OL in FA than in the draft, of course unless Brick is there for us. We only need 2 and we can draft for depth. Peters, Villarial, and Preston should all start in 06. So that leaves us with RT/LT(depending on where they put Peters) and G. I saw draft OL for depth and take Veron Davis if available at 8 or make a good trade with St. Louis and getting their first and second.

Saratoga Slim
03-04-2006, 12:08 PM
that'd be a decent draft pat. I wouldnt be thrilled with the Omar Jacobs pick, but I could live with it as long as we did have an extra 2nd rounder per some sort of trade down like you're proposing. However, if we have one 1st, one 2nd, and two 3rds, I dont want to draft a QB.

Interesting that you'd pick Charles Spencer over Davin Joseph. I though Joseph was the consensus #2 guard behind Jean-Gilles. Is Spencer getting more buzz now?

Bmax
03-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Jacobs needs alot of work on mechanics.. Guess who working with him now Bob Johnson yep rob's dad... I 'll pass on him...and qb this year all together...

We need to get depth at wr,te,ss,fs,lb and of course our major needs dl and ol...

Bmax

patmoran2006
03-04-2006, 02:10 PM
I don't know if Spencer is the conensus number two ahead of Joseph, but from what I've seen and heard about him I got him ahead..

In fact, I also got him ahead of Giles as well..

chubluv
03-04-2006, 06:48 PM
If the trade with Arizona were to happen I see the Bills taking Stovall from Notre Dame with one of the 2nd round choices.

Marvelous
03-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Good work thread starter! I was very very pleased with your mock..

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I hate those picks of yours patmoran. You got the top 2 RBs Bush and Williams coming to our division. Yikes. :eek:

patmoran2006
03-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Miyagi:
we better spend some cash on the DL this week then, eh..

BULLDOG53
03-07-2006, 10:19 AM
All of your mocks were good, but what if a guy like Hawk slips. Do you take probably the best linebacker since Brooks or Lewis. Or take a chance to see if Spikes can handle the load, he is talking a good game, lets see if he can get back to form. But i agree with the concensus of trading down to get more 2nd and 3rd rounders.The draft is full of lineman.

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 11:37 AM
If Hawk is there.. I take him.
Fletcher is entering his final year of his contract. If anything, I move Spikes to the middle in 2007.. He's physical enough to handle it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Why would Houston trade for abraham and then take Mario Williams?

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2006, 11:51 AM
I am not sure if I like this draft or not...

mysticsoto
03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Pat, while I like your trade scenarios, I can't say I agree with many of the picks...Vernon Davis going to San Fran? San Fran is going to be in desperate need of LBs and/or defensive backs. I think Davis might last longer and could also force a trade up from another team to us. That said, I'm not unhappy with the trade for Cutler and us getting a 2nd rounder out of it. But I don't think I would have spent our second 2nd rd pick on a LB when we could grab another more useful player to us. Yes, you did have us getting Bunkley, but in your scenario, Gabe Watson would also still be available! Our Dline issues would be solved. Edwards hasn't proven he can handle the rigors of an entire season and our backup DTs are not capable of doing much. Alternatively, another scenario could have us grabbing Nick Mangold. You seem soft on him, but he got rave reviews at the combine and is being talked about being the best Center to come out in the last 10 years. Given that Preston is a question mark, it wouldn't hurt to have his backup ready to take over if he fails. We currently will have no one as backup C! Mangold may be better than Preston and if he isn't, he can play backup until he comes up to speed. Either he or Preston would fight for the position then next year and the loser might get Villarial's position instead as he gets older and slower.

I don't picture Philly taking an OT with issues that high either and there are a couple of other picks that I don't visualize happening, but as I said, I do like the trades...