PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills take a look at Boss Bailey?

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Everything I hear about him has him going somewhere in the begining to middle 2nd round of the draft. Is the LB crew that bad in the NFL Draft that the highest rated LB won' t even go till the 2nd round?

I don't get to see very much college football, so I don't really know squat about most of these players. Is Bailey worth taking a look at and possibly moving up in the draft to get him?

I would pray that we at least sign one stud LB in FA, but we can't afford to sign 2 LB's to big money contracts, so we have to look in the draft or settle for a 2nd tier on the other side.

I'd rather pay 1.5 million a year for Bailey if he's any good, then 1 million a year for a scrub that plays like Eddie Robinson did this year.

What's your thoughts? I'm asking for your opinion cause I don't know much about the guy. Is he any good or is it because everybody likes his name?

MelK
01-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Linebacker is one of the deeper positions in the draf this year- in a draft that is a bit watered down from previous years.

Because Linebacker is deeper, it kind of works in the Bill's favor to get Bailey. Teams might jump on the QB's DT's abd DE's, and defensive backs. The Idea being that with a lot of good linebackers, tey can fill a need later on.

That being said, many mock drafts have Bailey going late in Rd 1, very early in rd #2. Depends on the workouts later this year.

Tatonka
01-29-2003, 10:10 PM
boss will end up going in the first round.. promise... but if he ends up with half the skill his brother has (word is, he is actually MORE athletic than champ bailey, with a higher vertical jump) then he will do very well in the pros..

there are always good guys buried in there somewhere.. look at kendrel bell.. he was a second round pick for the steelers.. and the rookie of the year..

Ingtar33
01-29-2003, 10:46 PM
I'm a huge fan of da Boss...

But in all seriousness, if Bailey is still on the board when the Bills pick, I'll eat my hat... he's too good to last that long. If he is still there, it'll be a no-brainer for TD.

WG
01-29-2003, 11:16 PM
I'm not too atune to college players at this point.

I suppose EJ Henderson will be gone in the first 15, right?

Tatonka
01-30-2003, 12:55 AM
actually, ej henderson was coming off an injury at the beginning of the season, so he started very slow, and finished on fire.. but if you look at his overall numbers, they dont show a incredible season.. i have seen projections that have him going from the late late first.. but most have him going in the mid second..

of course all this is based on PRE combine workouts..

one problem with ej henderson.. he is a TRUE MLB... he is not going to the outside.. imho.. so we really dont need him... even though he is a beast for sure.

TigerJ
01-30-2003, 12:34 PM
I concur with those who don't think Bailey will be around when the Bills pick. You can be sure that TD knows all about him though.

don137
01-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Last year everyone thought Anthony Weaver, Larry Triplett and Eddie Freeman would be gone when the Bills pick in the 2nd round and all three were available. Of course we passed on all three but that is another story....

Bert102176
01-31-2003, 04:38 PM
If he is the there when the Bills pick and they pass on him that would be the dumbest move ever.

TigerJ
01-31-2003, 06:16 PM
Everyone thought Josh Reed would be gone too.

BTW, there is a Josh Reed in this draft too. He's a tight end. Maybe Buffalo should pick him up late and try to confuse defences. LOL

SABURZFAN
01-31-2003, 08:29 PM
we have no shot at bailey.

EDS
02-02-2003, 01:22 PM
I agree that there is almost no chance Boss is around when we draft in round 2. That is unfortunate because we really could use someone with his speed/athleticism at weakside backer.

DraftBoy
02-02-2003, 02:33 PM
If his combo gets ugly which isnt likely we got a shot but he didnt play all that well in the sugar bowl and didnt make any noise in post season bowls. Plus hes been hurt so all these things are factors