PDA

View Full Version : Interesting !!

lunatic_bills_fan
01-29-2003, 09:10 PM
"On offense, look for teams to pass even more than they did in 2002. Remember, none of the regular season's top eight rushers in the AFC went on to the postseason. You have to go all the way down to Eddie George to find a playoff team that had a top rusher in the AFC. "

Just wandering what you all think of this interesting little stat. Should really get a laugh outta Wys :earpoke:

Typ0
01-29-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm sure if you ignore each teams four games with the highest passing yards the stats will better reflect the impact of the running game.

lordofgun
01-29-2003, 10:12 PM
I hope we are the one team that bucks the trend and runs Henry like mad.

Typ0
01-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Gilbride is in heaven with these types of trends.

WG
01-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
"On offense, look for teams to pass even more than they did in 2002. Remember, none of the regular season's top eight rushers in the AFC went on to the postseason. You have to go all the way down to Eddie George to find a playoff team that had a top rusher in the AFC. "

Just wandering what you all think of this interesting little stat. Should really get a laugh outta Wys :earpoke:

Hey Loony! What's goin' on! :)

As to your statement, you may have to find a way to entertain two simultaneous ways of thinking at the same time on this one and shift out of this one-dimensional analysis mode.

Let's take a look shall we, and see how those teams with the top 8 AFC rushers actually fared in defense and that may shed some more light on your statements:

#1: Williams; scoring D #4, yardage D #3
#2: Tomlinson; scoring D #22, yardage D #30
#3: Holmes; scoring D #28, yardage D #32
#4: Portis; scoring D #15, yardage D #6
#5: Henry; scoring D #27, yardage D #15
#6: Lewis; scoring D #19, yardage D #22
#7: Taylor; scoring D #9, yardage D #20
#8: Dillon; scoring D #32, yardage D#17

Just a curiosity, do ya think D had anything to do w/ it?

Do ya think there's a coincidence that I've been so adamant in suggesting that we're nuts not to spend just about all of our resources this offseason on D? Can ya make that connection for me..., come on..., I know ya can...

Yooo can Dooo It!
;)

WG
01-29-2003, 11:09 PM
And yes, it is quite interesting that none of those teams that missed the playoffs had no Ds other than Miami who lost on the merits of having their offense go completely stale for the 5 games that Lucas had to fill in for Fiedler.

Quite interesting indeed!

I suggest that our D be of the utmost priority!

Billz_fan
01-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
And yes, it is quite interesting that none of those teams that missed the playoffs had no Ds other than Miami who lost on the merits of having their offense go completely stale for the 5 games that Lucas had to fill in for Fiedler.

Quite interesting indeed!

I suggest that our D be of the utmost priority!

I gotta go with Coach Wys Guy on this one, your first name isn't Sam by any chance is it ? :laughter:

WG
01-29-2003, 11:22 PM
Gamgee?

No. :)

don137
01-30-2003, 05:42 AM
I am not going to disagree that we need to spend most of the extra cap money on defense but teams need balance today. 4 out of the top 6 defenses (I believe they are Miami, Washington, Carolina and Denver) did not make the playoffs. Of course those four teams have either bad coaches and/or bad QB's. Very interesting year where the top running teams and top defenses didn't make the playoffs.

lunatic_bills_fan
01-30-2003, 06:09 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6157846

There is the link, I just thought it was a funny statement. I dont agree with it but had to show it.

Earthquake Enyart
01-30-2003, 06:53 AM
If it's all about D, WTF happened to the fish and Denver?

Once again, you contradict yourself.