PDA

View Full Version : Possible QB to be brought in?

pintonick96
03-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Eagles | Team plans to release McMahon
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 08:00:29 -0800
Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports, citing Comcast SportsNet, the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl">Philadelphia Eagles plan to release QB Mike McMahon (http://www.kffl.com/player/661/nfl).

He played decent with the Eagles last year. Could bew brought in for competition.

DraftBoy
03-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Not a bad idea, I also like Ramsey out of WAS...Most of all I think we need to pikcup a late round QB project

Michael82
03-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I think it will be Jamie Martin. This was from the D&C article yesterday....

Bills' Web site has speculated on the Rams' Jamie Martin being a more likely candidate, given his ties to offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild, formerly of the Rams.

Bmax
03-04-2006, 01:59 PM
i would like Mcmahon... Martin 36 years old..........

Bmax

audio/s
03-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Honestly, I think we pick one up late in the draft or after as an undrafted free agent.

FinsAreLife
03-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Honestly, I think we pick one up late in the draft or after as an undrafted free agent.

i actually agree with that, idk, lossman could be pretty decent for you guys......then again he couldnt, he did play very good at times last season, then very bad at others, young mistakes though.....

FlyingDutchman
03-04-2006, 02:51 PM
umm, did anyone watch mcmahon play last year? or the years when he was with detroit? he absolutely blows...

RedEyE
03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
McMahon blows in my opinion too. But we are talking about filling a 3rd tier QB position.

I'd love the Bills to have a crack at Brodie Croyle if he's around in the top of the 3rd. He reminds me of Losman some, except not nearly mobile as Losman. Has a good head on his shoulders and a really strong and accurate arm.

chubluv
03-04-2006, 06:43 PM
If McMahon couldnt win the job in Detroit. How good can he be?

pintonick96
03-05-2006, 12:49 PM
If McMahon couldnt win the job in Detroit. How good can he be?

Jake Delhomme couldn't win the job in New Orleans, and look what he did.

OpIv37
03-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Not a bad idea, I also like Ramsey out of WAS...Most of all I think we need to pikcup a late round QB project

I totally disagree with you on Ramsey. Being in the DC area, I've been subject to more Ramsey clips and fan opinions than I can stomach. The only compliment on the guy is that "he's got a cannon for an arm." His mobility is limited and his ability to read a D is virtually non-existant.

Or, to simplify, he's a younger Drew Bledsoe with far less experience.

patmoran2006
03-05-2006, 01:02 PM
McMahon.. HOlcomb.. We're starting look more like the Jauron Bears everyday

Mr.Reality
03-05-2006, 01:05 PM
McMahon is a great athlete, but he's a ****** for a QB.

John Doe
03-05-2006, 01:48 PM
McMahon fills Levy's description of a young QB who could effectively compete.

I don't see a low round draft pick being able to do that.

TigerJ
03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Jamie Martin doesn't fit what Levy said he's looking for, a young QB to compete and develop. He's Shane Matthews all over again. I don't know enough about McMahon to say much. I know he's supposed to have a live arm but had maturity issues coming out of college. It sounds like he still hasn't grown up. There are late round QBs who do OK sometimes. Ryan Fitzpatrick had more interceptions than you'd like for a QB, but considering the situation, I thought he did pretty well for St. Louis. I think Josh Betts has a shot in the late rounds.

Mr.Reality
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
McMahon won't compete. He's got a good arm, and running around without a football, he looks fabulous. But in any kind of game situation, he'll quickly become lost, complete about 35% of his passes, and throw a bunch of interceptions.

Plus, on a team like Buffalo, he'll be whining about not starting all the time like he did in Detroit.