• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Everett?

We drafted him for TE last year and he got hurt. Why is everyone so big on drafting Davis this year? I understand he could be THE BEST, but we have so many other holes and davis is nothing but a prospect right now...as is evrett. So why have two prospects from ealry draft picks at the TE spot? Dont you think itd be better to find a OL or DL prospect wwith the 8th pick. This is a deep draft theress plenty out there.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Evrett?

with Moulds pretty much gone, I bet we run more 2TE sets to pound the ball with willis.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I'd be pretty upset if Marv went with Davis. Fix the lines. The only non OL or DL I'd be happy with is Huff.

Byrd.

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Re: Everett?

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
        We drafted him for TE last year and he got hurt. Why is everyone so big on drafting Davis this year? I understand he could be THE BEST, but we have so many other holes and davis is nothing but a prospect right now...as is evrett. So why have two prospects from ealry draft picks at the TE spot? Dont you think itd be better to find a OL or DL prospect wwith the 8th pick. This is a deep draft theress plenty out there.
        Don't start this again! Don't you know a TE will make us a SB team. Forget that we have a terrible line Davis will be our savior!!!
        Last edited by kgun12; 03-05-2006, 01:48 AM.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Natrix, don't set yourself up liek that. It's unfair to all if you become bitter simply because we didn't get what you expected.. Butler (rip) used to draft bpa at times and i like it. So if we did get a CB although we have 22 & Mcgee, it's still could be solid because we now have options with trading nate or if we can't afford nate next year etc.. Day 1 lineman are good outside the 1st.. I just don't wanna be locked in on a position with a pick this early...
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

regardless of what we do with the first pick, we can still fix the lines.. it is only one pick.. one person.. ngata doesnt fit our scheme, per marv cutting a guy like sam.. and brick will be gone most likely.. so there is no O or D line to take at 8.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Davis doesn't seem viable to me at this point, unless we trade down, get extra picks, and he's still there when we roll around again.

Ngata and DT may be a moot point, if the 'speculation' on the Rams DT's has any truth to it.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

What do we really need? Two DT's ( Free agency) and a LG (Free agency). Look somehow Gandy, Preston (at center) Villarial and Peters WILL Start on this OL. That means one OL Man but with better coaching from an OC And Scheme standpoint.

An impact TE immediately changes how teams defend us and how much better we can move the ball. IF we have addressed DT's, LG and SS in free agency and Davis is there...you take him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  What do we really need? Two DT's ( Free agency) and a LG (Free agency). Look somehow Gandy, Preston (at center) Villarial and Peters WILL Start on this OL. That means one OL Man but with better coaching from an OC And Scheme standpoint.

An impact TE immediately changes how teams defend us and how much better we can move the ball. IF we have addressed DT's, LG and SS in free agency and Davis is there...you take him.
                  Spoken just like . . . Tom Donahoe.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tlong8212
                    with Moulds pretty much gone, I bet we run more 2TE sets to pound the ball with willis.
                    If that's the [plan- you couldn't pick two less-capable TE's.

These TE's are to light and aren't the beefy blocking TE's you need. If that was the plan, Keep Neufeld and Campbell

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

I like Ngata a lot and have been pulling for him, but cutting Sam Adams to me says that Marv is looking for a different breed of DT and I'm now doubting that we'll take him at 8. Thus we'll most likely have Huff and Davis to choose from at 8, with a small chance of either Brick/Hawk/Mario. FA will determine which guy makes more sense for us. If we can't find a solid SS in FA, I would be happy with Huff. If we do, Davis would be a good grab.

That said, I take Brick/Mario/Hawk over Huff or Davis.

ICE, I agree that Peters, Preston, and Villarial are going to start, but I think the verdict is still out on Gandy. I could see signing Fabini, Runyon or Glenn, keeping Gandy as depth, and drafting a LG in the second round.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Buffalo has holes on both lines. The question is, what does Buffalo do if the players who represent good value for the eighth position in the draft don't play on the line. Really, the only lineman that may be there who is a good value is Haloti Ngata. As many are quick to point out, he may be more suited to a run plugging NT in a 3-4 than a penetrating DT in a 4-3 alignhment concentrating on the cover 2. It's possible he'll be gone too. Buffalo could trade down. I think that's a very real possibility, but if they don't get that opportunity, I'd rather they pick a future star than take a player who is a giant reach at a need position.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

There appear to be enough quality offensive tackles in the draft this year to allow the team to trade out of #8 and pick one up later.

My opinion is both positions on the left side of the line need to be upgraded. Anderson sucks, and Gandy certainly isn't the answer at LT.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by tlong8212
                            agreed, now hopefully our new coach actually sticks to that plan.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                              We drafted him for TE last year and he got hurt. Why is everyone so big on drafting Davis this year?
                              because people are ******s.

they will ***** all season/offseason about the OL and DL, then when the draft comes they will be the first to want to waste our picks on a RB, WR, QB, or TE.

Comment

Working...
                              X