PDA

View Full Version : Roll coaster Ride Continues

camelcowboy
03-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Watching espn news talks have already broken off, there goes any optimism. It was on the ticker.:(

RedEyE
03-04-2006, 03:29 PM
If they can't even sit at a table together, then Free Agency is f'd.

Michael82
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
:mad:

****ing Greedy piece of **** Players and Owners!!! Just get a deal done and save your ****ing league. :mad:

camelcowboy
03-04-2006, 03:34 PM
:mad:

****ing Greedy piece of **** Players and Owners!!! Just get a deal done and save your ****ing league. :mad:

Nothing but morons, doesn't everyone see this is going to hurt a game that makes them all rich?

RedEyE
03-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I really wish the USFL would have hung around longer. It would have been different if players had leagues competing for them..

camelcowboy
03-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I really wish the USFL would have hung around longer. It would have been different if players had leagues competing for them..

At this rate, it could make a could make a comeback. I smell a lockout.

L.A. Playa
03-04-2006, 03:38 PM
all it means is that there will be alot of 1-4 year contracts signed with low signing bonuses, and without having unrealistic years added to the deals.

the one thing I could see the players holding out for is guarnteed contracts, the NFL is the only sport that does not have them, where the employer can renig on a signed legal document

Michael82
03-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Nothing but morons, doesn't everyone see this is going to hurt a game that makes them all rich?
I see MLB all over again. Major League Baseball was very popular and one of the best leagues around and then they got greedy and went on strike. That scared away sooo many Baseball fans. i could see the same type thing happening if they strike and/or get locked out.

RedEyE
03-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I don't forsee a lock-out either. It will just go back to what it was before FA was established. That wasn't too terrible. If I remember correctly the Bills made 4 Super Bowl appearances without Free Agency.

Michael82
03-04-2006, 03:42 PM
The interesting thing is that Troy Vincent said that they will block a lockout. :scratch:

Vincent added the NFLPA will decertify if an agreement is not reached because that would keep the owners from being able to institute a lockout. Vincent said the union was putting those mechanisms in place as he was speaking with WGR.
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=1419

Michael82
03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I don't forsee a lock-out either. It will just go back to what it was before FA was established. That wasn't too terrible. If I remember correctly the Bills made 4 Super Bowl appearances without Free Agency.
it won't happen now because of the money that the richest teams have.

L.A. Playa
03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
there will still be Free Agency just no hard salary cap, it will go back to more of when winning in the NFL was about pride and not matipulating a system to make a huge profit and try to win

camelcowboy
03-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Im not up on my union lingo. What will decertifying do?

Michael82
03-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Im not up on my union lingo. What will decertifying do?
Listen to the WGR550 audio of the interview...

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/3-3troy-1.wma

camelcowboy
Yeah, the Sirius NFL radio has just confirmed it

Michael82
Basically it sounds like that they won't call themselves a union anymore and therefore don't strike...so they can't be locked out because they are all employees of the NFL. :idunno:

Michael82
03-04-2006, 03:53 PM
There was at least one positive development Saturday in the NFL's labor negotiations: The two sides talked.
<!-- 2 grafs from mort -->The management negotiating team is planning on having a conference call with the owners' executive committee, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported. Sources tell Mortensen that they are not overly optimistic at this point. One source characterized it as having "less than a 50 percent chance of getting it done."
Both sides apparently have a lot of concern about the revenue-sharing model.
<!-- 4 grafs off ENPS -->Union lawyer Jeffrey Kessler, a lead negotiator for the NFLPA, said that the talks "are as dead as a doornail."
Kessler told ESPN that this is "a sad day for the NFL."
Kessler said there is no plan for resumption of talks, and that executive director of the NFL Players Association Gene Upshaw is on his way back to Washington, D.C.
The talks that took place today from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. concluded "because the NFL is unwilling to compromise," Kessler said.
Representatives from teams withheld comment, waiting to see if an agreement could be reached by midnight Sunday to avert what could be mass cuts of veterans to get under a salary cap that will be about $10 million less than anticipated.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2354233

lordofgun
03-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Cool. Get rid of the union. :up:

Michael82
03-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Cool. Get rid of the union. :up:
Get rid of Upshaw...he sounds like another Goodenow. :ill: :puke:

L.A. Playa
03-04-2006, 03:59 PM
If a team is succesful they will sell out games and make money, the problem is that small market teams want to continue to make money whether they spend money or not. Professional sports is a side business for these guys, they have made it a profit game, the bottom line is with the TV and ad deals alone each team makes a massive profit every year.

At this point the owner are just crying and being spoiled brats about how much money they can actually make every year. These owners need to remember owning a team though it is a business is a business of winning and losing on the field not in the pocket book. to me that is where the real problem is.

The Players deserve a fair share of money since they put there bodies on the line on the field, yes they get paid more than most of us will see in a lifetime in 1 year but, the owners make more in a year than any one player will see in his lifetime as a player, so who really is the greedy one ??

camelcowboy
03-04-2006, 04:02 PM
I don't know anyone think Ralph would try to buy a super bowl if the cap went away?

L.A. Playa
03-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't know anyone think Ralph would try to buy a super bowl if the cap went away?

nope he would raise ticket prices and say that he needed more revenue to compete and never field a team that was quite good enough to win big Ie the 70's and 80's

Michael82
03-04-2006, 04:07 PM
:rofl: Did you get a little keyboard happy, Playa? :snicker:

L.A. Playa
03-04-2006, 04:09 PM
:rofl: Did you get a little keyboard happy, Playa? :snicker:
no my girls fat juicy ass rubbed up against it

Michael82
03-04-2006, 04:12 PM
no my girls fat juicy ass rubbed up against it
:lmao: