PDA

View Full Version : Ward hopes trip to Korea opens eyes to plight of biracial

G. Host
03-04-2006, 09:22 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2006-03-03-ward-korea_x.htm
Growing up in suburban Atlanta, Hines Ward often felt he was a victim of double discrimination. Not only did some of his white classmates make fun of his biracial heritage, his South Korean mother felt ostracized by her homeland because she had a son with a black American soldier.

Anybody else read this article? It did not appear to be picked up by major sports sites. My daughter sometimes get teased due to her bi-racial nature and I have cousins who have encountered same thing. Funny thing is people thought my cousin and I were brothers because we looked alike but never asked me if I was biracial (which I am not).

Bmax
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
great article.. thanks for the posting....I have some cousins who are biracial....It was tough for them growing up.. One lived in south buffalo in the early 60's and 70's where my dad grew up...I heard all the stories....Buffalo has had a history of racial difficulties like most cities. Since i moved back in 2003 .. It seems that things have improved a great deal...

Bmax...