PDA

View Full Version : NFL to ask NFLPA to agree to push FA back again.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Till 4pm Wednesday. Screw this crap. I hope the NFLPA says screw you. Look, Jerry and Co are NOT going to agree to split up their extra money. time for owners like Ralph to cut the crap, sell naming rights to the stadium etc to bring in extra money.

This is going to keep going until it gets into April and they push back FA AND The draft. Cut the crap, start FA then work out a deal.

Devin
03-05-2006, 04:34 PM
If teams dont know what the conditions of the CBA are or what the cap...etc will be how can the offer contracts or keep certain players?

Sort it out, then start FA.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I see, sort it out. Push back the draft until July when camp starts that will help (Sarcasm off)

They should have sorted it out already. Start FA and let danny boy etc have to cut 1/2 thier rosters. I bet then he is willing to share some money.

I agree with mort, this isn't as big a deal as some in the media want to make it out to be. Start FA and lets get on with it. Let the rest fall where it may.

YardRat
03-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Who's doing most of the negotiations at this point? Are the owners unified and negotiating with the union, or are they spending most of their time negotiating between themselves trying to get their crap together?

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355190

Looks like FA will start tomorrow. Cut deadline pushed back to 10PM. Teams better start cutting players pretty damn quick and just get some of it over with.

patmoran2006
03-05-2006, 04:51 PM
ESPN.com - NFL - NFL extends waiver deadline to Sunday, 10 p.m. ET (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355190)

They got til 10pm to get under.. and FA is still starting at 12:01 am.

At which time Buffalo announces the signing of LeCharles Bentley, Jon Runyan, Stephen Neal, Drew Brees, Shaun Alexander and Will Witherspoon.

alright, we'll probably announce that we resign Ryan Denney as our first "major" deal but come midnite, at least as of now.. its ON