PDA

View Full Version : MORT says Pennington is Staying

patmoran2006
03-05-2006, 05:38 PM
PENNINGTON is staying no matter what..

Hurts Buffalo in the draft possibly..If the Jets took Cutler it makes a positional player slip one spot down..

Assuming Bush, Leinart and Young go 1-2-3..

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 05:52 PM
PENNINGTON is staying no matter what..

Hurts Buffalo in the draft possibly..If the Jets took Cutler it makes a positional player slip one spot down..

Assuming Bush, Leinart and Young go 1-2-3..

I think it might make us a potential trade partner for someone wanting a QB with the #8 spot.

patmoran2006
03-05-2006, 05:54 PM
I think we're gonna end up TAKING CUTLER at eight.. and rather than here 1,000 "are you sick in the head" comments.. I am working on a piece explaining why..

Then I'll only get 999 of those comments.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I think we're gonna end up TAKING CUTLER at eight.. and rather than here 1,000 "are you sick in the head" comments.. I am working on a piece explaining why..

Then I'll only get 999 of those comments.

We aren't taking a QB with that spot P. Not going to happen. It is JP or a Veteran. They won't wait a full 2 seasons for a QB to develop. Either JP shows something this offseason or they bring in a Vet. Marv and Ralph aren't waiting much longer

patmoran2006
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Marv wants his "Jim Kelly".. If he thought for 2 seconds JP was that guy he wouldnt be publicly talking about bringing in a 3rd guy. I dont care if it was Brees or a rookie undrafted free agent..

I got this feeling and i'm trying HARD to find out more.. but I am pretty much convinced that LEvy doesnt want JP

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Marv wants his "Jim Kelly".. If he thought for 2 seconds JP was that guy he wouldnt be publicly talking about bringing in a 3rd guy. I dont care if it was Brees or a rookie undrafted free agent..

I got this feeling and i'm trying HARD to find out more.. but I am pretty much convinced that LEvy doesnt want JP

Marv seems to understand why JP struggled. Now if we see Drew Brees in here come tomorrow morning I would agree. There is no 'Jim Kelly' available. Payton Manning is in Indy.:D

I dont see where you are getting Marv doesn't like JP? He is a high character kid. Works his ass off and has all the talent in the world. His only issues are inexperience, previous crappy coaching and lastly a few veterans that wouldn't play for him.