• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

NFL Pisses off the players.

If what upshaw says is true about the NFL wanting the players to accept LESS of a % than what they are already getting, I can't blame them for saying screw you.

Labor talks between NFL owners and the players' union have broken off without an agreement, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports. Representatives of the players' union walked out of negotiations Sunday evening, believing that an agreement with owners cannot be

I have said all along, this is Jones, Snyder, Kraft, Lurie etc are causing this BS. They want a non capped year. They don't want a Salary cap in place. They have tons more money than any other teams. They can dictate having a great shot at being a dynasty every year, just like before FA although teams used the draft to stockpile.

Time for Ralph wilson to do what it takes. Increase ticket prices to the NFL norm (we are known as being below). Do more marketing in Canada etc. Sell naming rights to the Stadium. It's time for the small market owners to step up and quit whining about being small market and find some way to compete. If not, it's time to find an owner who can.
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: NFL Pisses off the players.

Ice Ill, bet you my 500 something zone bux that i have that a deal either gets done tonight, or the deadline is extended again.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
      Ice Ill, bet you my 500 something zone bux that i have that a deal either gets done tonight, or the deadline is extended again.
      Fair enough. I dont' see it happening at all.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
        Time for Ralph wilson to do what it takes. Increase ticket prices to the NFL norm (we are known as being below). Do more marketing in Canada etc. Sell naming rights to the Stadium. It's time for the small market owners to step up and quit whining about being small market and find some way to compete. If not, it's time to find an owner who can.
        100% disagree... we already have Major League Baseball!

Do you want to go to Ralph Wilson Stadium or Lucas Oil Field... Lambeu Field or Great Lakes Cheese Processing Field at Lambeu Stadium Field Arena Complex... wtf. the good thing about the NFL is the teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati still have an identity, a sense of community pride and history. Jerry Jones sold his soul to get reamed up the ass and make millions he has no use for now, so now he's trying to ruin it for everyone else.

If this is the course the NFL heads down it WILL spell disaster. People will become so disenfranchised with football that the "big revenue" owners will start feeling the pinch when all the fans get pissed the hell off and stop supporting the league like MLB dealt with for some time.

just because a handful of owners rip off the fans and businesses in their area and consequently have endless capital doesn't mean the small market teams with the ability to be sponsored by Wegman's and New Era Cap co. should suffer.

it's time for small market owners to put a stop to the big market owners making the NFL 100% about money while the game is only a sidebar for their personal profit.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Honestly, if it will keep the team in Buffalo, I could really give a crap if it's called Ralph Wilson Stadium or Tampax Field.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

While I agree with freeman, I also agree with F_L.

If in the long run it helps keep the Bills in buffalo, sell the naming rights.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              If what upshaw says is true about the NFL wanting the players to accept LESS of a % than what they are already getting, I can't blame them for saying screw you.

Labor talks between NFL owners and the players' union have broken off without an agreement, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports. Representatives of the players' union walked out of negotiations Sunday evening, believing that an agreement with owners cannot be

I have said all along, this is Jones, Snyder, Kraft, Lurie etc are causing this BS. They want a non capped year. They don't want a Salary cap in place. They have tons more money than any other teams. They can dictate having a great shot at being a dynasty every year, just like before FA although teams used the draft to stockpile.

Actually if this happens ICE say goodbye to the Bills in Buffalo as well as about 6 more small market teams. You can't get blood out of a rock. In most NFL cities the only way to compleye is to have teams share the pot. Unlike the other 3 major league sports there are only 8 home games to make the money, and Ralph can't raise tickets high enough to complete. The only thing he will be able to do is go to a city where he can have huge ticket prices and have liecnes fees on those seats. The other thing that will happen is teams will just fold cause there isn't enough cities for big money to be made. If you want a competitive league we all better hope this thing gets done and done fast!
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• pintonick96
                You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
                • Aug 2005

**** you keep the ticket prices where they are you rich bastid

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  • Jan 2004

hey.... somebody who gets it!

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by kgun12
                    Actually if this happens ICE say goodbye to the Bills in Buffalo as well as about 6 more small market teams. You can't get blood out of a rock. In most NFL cities the only way to compleye is to have teams share the pot. Unlike the other 3 major league sports there are only 8 home games to make the money, and Ralph can't raise tickets high enough to complete. The only thing he will be able to do is go to a city where he can have huge ticket prices and have liecnes fees on those seats. The other thing that will happen is teams will just fold cause there isn't enough cities for big money to be made. If you want a competitive league we all better hope this thing gets done and done fast!
                    HEY! dont go throwing facts into this debate!
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                      While I agree with freeman, I also agree with F_L.

If in the long run it helps keep the Bills in buffalo, sell the naming rights.
                      Agreed with you and F_L. Look it is time to understand this game has changed. Either Ralph Wilson can make the change or the Bills fold and the franchise leaves Buffalo to become the LA Gangstas playing at 'Bling Bling Field' That some rap label paid 200Mill over 10 years to have it's name on.

Ralph Wilson can still determine WHO would put thier name on the stadium, but it is well past time to cut the old school crap.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

In Ice's world, Bills fans would apparently be willing to pay 75$ for nosebleeds to watch a 5-11 trainwreck of a team.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

I'd be for the players having ads on their jerseys, if it helped out. Who really cares? The product on the field is not going to change if the stadium has a corporate name. Look at pro soccer, prime example of how corporate sponsers keep a sport going.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            • Jan 2004

corporate naming... they will want a return on their investment.

no team is going to throw 120 million at a team to have the name put on the stadium without seeing it's investment gain a return.

only way that happens in buffalo is by raising the cheapest prices (on avg) in the league.

lemme put it this way... you've got guys who post on here who were absolutely pissed when they raised ticket prices by $1 or 2$ per game this offseason!

imagine them raising 10$ or more. you really think people, especially the "die-hards" that post on here would keep going?

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kgun12

Oh stop with the gloom and doom crap. First off a CBA WILL Get done at some point. Upshaw also said there WILL End up being a cap.

As for as the Bills go, they are one of the most proffitable franchises in the NFL (15th or 16th I think). Sell the Naming rights that right there can garner about 10 mill per year we didn't have. Increase ticket prices to the NFL Average. If Bills fans want to keep the Bills in Buffalo they will pay it bottom line. Market better. Reach into Canada more. There are many ways to make this work.

I will say this again, Maybe it is time for a new owner. I say this not out of dislike for Ralph, but Age is catching up with him as is the 'New age NFL'. Maybe we need an owner with deeper pockets and better ways to help the Bills stay in Buffalo?

Comment

Working...
                              X