PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pisses off the players.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
If what upshaw says is true about the NFL wanting the players to accept LESS of a % than what they are already getting, I can't blame them for saying screw you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355190

I have said all along, this is Jones, Snyder, Kraft, Lurie etc are causing this BS. They want a non capped year. They don't want a Salary cap in place. They have tons more money than any other teams. They can dictate having a great shot at being a dynasty every year, just like before FA although teams used the draft to stockpile.

Time for Ralph wilson to do what it takes. Increase ticket prices to the NFL norm (we are known as being below). Do more marketing in Canada etc. Sell naming rights to the Stadium. It's time for the small market owners to step up and quit whining about being small market and find some way to compete. If not, it's time to find an owner who can.

camelcowboy
03-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Ice Ill, bet you my 500 something zone bux that i have that a deal either gets done tonight, or the deadline is extended again.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Ice Ill, bet you my 500 something zone bux that i have that a deal either gets done tonight, or the deadline is extended again.

Fair enough. I dont' see it happening at all.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Time for Ralph wilson to do what it takes. Increase ticket prices to the NFL norm (we are known as being below). Do more marketing in Canada etc. Sell naming rights to the Stadium. It's time for the small market owners to step up and quit whining about being small market and find some way to compete. If not, it's time to find an owner who can.

100% disagree... we already have Major League Baseball!

Do you want to go to Ralph Wilson Stadium or Lucas Oil Field... Lambeu Field or Great Lakes Cheese Processing Field at Lambeu Stadium Field Arena Complex... wtf. the good thing about the NFL is the teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati still have an identity, a sense of community pride and history. Jerry Jones sold his soul to get reamed up the ass and make millions he has no use for now, so now he's trying to ruin it for everyone else.

If this is the course the NFL heads down it WILL spell disaster. People will become so disenfranchised with football that the "big revenue" owners will start feeling the pinch when all the fans get pissed the hell off and stop supporting the league like MLB dealt with for some time.

just because a handful of owners rip off the fans and businesses in their area and consequently have endless capital doesn't mean the small market teams with the ability to be sponsored by Wegman's and New Era Cap co. should suffer.

it's time for small market owners to put a stop to the big market owners making the NFL 100% about money while the game is only a sidebar for their personal profit.

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Honestly, if it will keep the team in Buffalo, I could really give a crap if it's called Ralph Wilson Stadium or Tampax Field.

Devin
03-05-2006, 07:18 PM
While I agree with freeman, I also agree with F_L.

If in the long run it helps keep the Bills in buffalo, sell the naming rights.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 07:19 PM
If what upshaw says is true about the NFL wanting the players to accept LESS of a % than what they are already getting, I can't blame them for saying screw you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355190

I have said all along, this is Jones, Snyder, Kraft, Lurie etc are causing this BS. They want a non capped year. They don't want a Salary cap in place. They have tons more money than any other teams. They can dictate having a great shot at being a dynasty every year, just like before FA although teams used the draft to stockpile.

Actually if this happens ICE say goodbye to the Bills in Buffalo as well as about 6 more small market teams. You can't get blood out of a rock. In most NFL cities the only way to compleye is to have teams share the pot. Unlike the other 3 major league sports there are only 8 home games to make the money, and Ralph can't raise tickets high enough to complete. The only thing he will be able to do is go to a city where he can have huge ticket prices and have liecnes fees on those seats. The other thing that will happen is teams will just fold cause there isn't enough cities for big money to be made. If you want a competitive league we all better hope this thing gets done and done fast!

pintonick96
03-05-2006, 07:21 PM
**** you keep the ticket prices where they are you rich bastid

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:21 PM
hey.... somebody who gets it!

Devin
03-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Actually if this happens ICE say goodbye to the Bills in Buffalo as well as about 6 more small market teams. You can't get blood out of a rock. In most NFL cities the only way to compleye is to have teams share the pot. Unlike the other 3 major league sports there are only 8 home games to make the money, and Ralph can't raise tickets high enough to complete. The only thing he will be able to do is go to a city where he can have huge ticket prices and have liecnes fees on those seats. The other thing that will happen is teams will just fold cause there isn't enough cities for big money to be made. If you want a competitive league we all better hope this thing gets done and done fast!

HEY! dont go throwing facts into this debate!

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:27 PM
While I agree with freeman, I also agree with F_L.

If in the long run it helps keep the Bills in buffalo, sell the naming rights.

Agreed with you and F_L. Look it is time to understand this game has changed. Either Ralph Wilson can make the change or the Bills fold and the franchise leaves Buffalo to become the LA Gangstas playing at 'Bling Bling Field' That some rap label paid 200Mill over 10 years to have it's name on.

Ralph Wilson can still determine WHO would put thier name on the stadium, but it is well past time to cut the old school crap.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:28 PM
In Ice's world, Bills fans would apparently be willing to pay 75$ for nosebleeds to watch a 5-11 trainwreck of a team.

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I'd be for the players having ads on their jerseys, if it helped out. Who really cares? The product on the field is not going to change if the stadium has a corporate name. Look at pro soccer, prime example of how corporate sponsers keep a sport going.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM
corporate naming... they will want a return on their investment.

no team is going to throw 120 million at a team to have the name put on the stadium without seeing it's investment gain a return.

only way that happens in buffalo is by raising the cheapest prices (on avg) in the league.

lemme put it this way... you've got guys who post on here who were absolutely pissed when they raised ticket prices by $1 or 2$ per game this offseason!

imagine them raising 10$ or more. you really think people, especially the "die-hards" that post on here would keep going?

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Oh stop with the gloom and doom crap. First off a CBA WILL Get done at some point. Upshaw also said there WILL End up being a cap.

As for as the Bills go, they are one of the most proffitable franchises in the NFL (15th or 16th I think). Sell the Naming rights that right there can garner about 10 mill per year we didn't have. Increase ticket prices to the NFL Average. If Bills fans want to keep the Bills in Buffalo they will pay it bottom line. Market better. Reach into Canada more. There are many ways to make this work.

I will say this again, Maybe it is time for a new owner. I say this not out of dislike for Ralph, but Age is catching up with him as is the 'New age NFL'. Maybe we need an owner with deeper pockets and better ways to help the Bills stay in Buffalo?

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:35 PM
In Ice's world, Bills fans would apparently be willing to pay 75$ for nosebleeds to watch a 5-11 trainwreck of a team.

My world is the world of reality. Reality is we were going to face this at some point and time. The Bills will need to do more THEMSELFS to keep them afloat.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:38 PM
corporate naming... they will want a return on their investment.

no team is going to throw 120 million at a team to have the name put on the stadium without seeing it's investment gain a return.

only way that happens in buffalo is by raising the cheapest prices (on avg) in the league.

lemme put it this way... you've got guys who post on here who were absolutely pissed when they raised ticket prices by $1 or 2$ per game this offseason!

imagine them raising 10$ or more. you really think people, especially the "die-hards" that post on here would keep going?

Yes someone will be willing to pay tons to put their names on the front of the stadium. You take that money and help build the team into a winner.

Yes raise the ticket prices. If the hard core won't pay, I guess they weren't hard core now were they? time for reality to kick in, do what it takes to compete or you lose the team.

I am sick of the Bills and the Bills fanbase wanting other owners and the NFL to keep them afloat. This is part of the problem. If I were Jones I would be pissed I worked my ass off to have 300 mill per year when 100 mill teams won't even charge the NFL average for tickets and won't sell naming rights.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
My world is the world of reality. Reality is we were going to face this at some point and time.

so you work for the Bills now?

only reason "we" are facing it is because of assclown owners who care more about their next 60,000 square foot mansion instead of the teams and it's fans.

CBA or none, revenue sharing or none, the Bills still make money. They are the 25th most profitable sports franchise in north america. It's not like they're broke... and they don't charge arm and a leg. Without revenue sharing, they will still make money, but the team on the field will suffer and ultimately, the fans will quit coming. You can name the stadium whatever you want, you can market to every business in canada, but if the team sucks nobody will care.

Revenue sharing and CBA keep teams competitive. Not having one, they will still make money, but the team will suck unless they are willing to spend everything they make on roster upgrades.

It's easy for a guy like Jones who is hundreds of millions of dollars ahead of everybody. If he was in RW's seat, he'd be spouting a different tune.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:44 PM
If I were Jones I would be pissed I worked my ass off to have 300 mill per year when 100 mill teams won't even charge the NFL average for tickets and won't sell naming rights.

How exactly did he work his ass off?

He raised prices. His team is in one of the biggest metro areas in the country. Not exactly hard work. I can do that pretty easily.

Teams that WON'T charge and arm and a leg CAN'T afford to do it.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:45 PM
JF, Old school is honerable, but not realistic anymore. This is the New NFL. Either the fans and owners can deal with it or they can't. And as a Bills fan their decisions effect me as well so yes 'WE' need to deal with it or else.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:47 PM
you are painting it in black and white... you are failing to take a lot of things into consideration. it might boil down to "old vs new school", but there are about a million different issues you are failing to grasp.

let me ask you something... do you own or operate a business?

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:48 PM
How exactly did he work his ass off?

He raised prices. His team is in one of the biggest metro areas in the country. Not exactly hard work. I can do that pretty easily.

Teams that WON'T charge and arm and a leg CAN'T afford to do it.

That isn't the case at all. They CAN and now they will need to. Look pay for the tickets or dont, it really is that simple. If they want to raise every ticket 15 bucks each, fine. I am a Bills fan, if I choose to go to a game I will pay it, that is what they charge.

What are the Bills worth to YOU as a fan? If they mean as much as all of us scream they do on the message boards then realise this is the way the NFL is these days and pay the ticket prices and be done with it.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:49 PM
you are painting it in black and white... you are failing to take a lot of things into consideration. it might boil down to "old vs new school", but there are about a million different issues you are failing to grasp.

let me ask you something... do you own or operate a business?

it is black and white. Yes I have owned a Karate School and am working on doing so again.

Here is the reality of it, Time to make changes or lose the BUFFALO Bills.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 07:50 PM
how many games do you go to and where do you live?

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:51 PM
What doesn't help is the Hysteria that is going on. The Bills will play this year and next. It is up to the small market owners and their fans to decide if their team plays there beyond that.

But to be so damn hysterical and freaking out right now doesn't solve anything

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 07:53 PM
how many games do you go to and where do you live?

What does that matter? Am I less of a fan because I live about 1200 miles away and drive 16 hours one way to a game? Does it matter how many times per year? No. It doesn't matter at all. Again, quit the drama Queen crap and let it play out how it plays out.

FACT: If Ralph Wilson and the WNY economy can't support the Bills then they wont be there and I am done with NFL Ball period. I can't change it, all I can do is try to help in my own way and support them the best I can. There rest is out of my hand and not worth getting jacked up about.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh stop with the gloom and doom crap. First off a CBA WILL Get done at some point. Upshaw also said there WILL End up being a cap.

As for as the Bills go, they are one of the most proffitable franchises in the NFL (15th or 16th I think). Sell the Naming rights that right there can garner about 10 mill per year we didn't have. Increase ticket prices to the NFL Average. If Bills fans want to keep the Bills in Buffalo they will pay it bottom line. Market better. Reach into Canada more. There are many ways to make this work.

I will say this again, Maybe it is time for a new owner. I say this not out of dislike for Ralph, but Age is catching up with him as is the 'New age NFL'. Maybe we need an owner with deeper pockets and better ways to help the Bills stay in Buffalo?

"Time for Ralph wilson to do what it takes. Increase ticket prices to the NFL norm (we are known as being below). Do more marketing in Canada etc. Sell naming rights to the Stadium. It's time for the small market owners to step up and quit whining about being small market and find some way to compete. If not, it's time to find an owner who can."
I was responding to this, it won't matter who owns this cause cause this town can't handle NFL agerage prices

There is no doom and gloom involved here ICE, it is reality brother. How will the Wilsons of the leauge complete with the deep pockets of the super 6-8. They can't so every year the big money will draw the big FA, and the other teams suck hind tit. People are leaving this area cause there isn't any jobs and taxes are to high. The ones that have jobs WILL NOT be able to afford league average ticket prices. Here what it come down to ICE for the average fan around these parts, they are able to afford tickets now cause Ralph has been able to keep ticket prices in the comsumers price range. That is why the NFL works, cause they were smart enough to make sure all the owners were taken cake of. If it come down to food and clothes for family of Bills tickets guess which one people will choose.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 08:02 PM
JF, Old school is honerable, but not realistic anymore. This is the New NFL. Either the fans and owners can deal with it or they can't. And as a Bills fan their decisions effect me as well so yes 'WE' need to deal with it or else.

Look if was up to most Bills fans they would pay anything to be at every game. The econmics of the area just WILL NOT support that, therefore the Bills leave town.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
What does that matter? Am I less of a fan because I live about 1200 miles away and drive 16 hours one way to a game? Does it matter how many times per year? No. It doesn't matter at all. Again, quit the drama Queen crap and let it play out how it plays out.

not that it makes you less of fan.... but.... it does matter.

you really can't sit there and say it's as simple as "raise ticket prices and if they are true fans people will go"... it's easy to say when you aren't actually buying tickets and going to games.

i have to drive 700 miles round trip to go to 1 home game. on top of all the costs just to go and get there. jack up the ticket prices and it pretty much knocks out going to games as an option.

again it's not as simple as black and white. here's just one example - population migration. people are moving south every day in the U.S. ny state taxes and costs of living are so high that people are leaving WNY and NY for that matter every day. same goes for cities like cleveland. how can teams afford to raise prices when the fan base is dwindeling based on factors outside their control.

more people living in dallas = jones is able to increase ticket prices because there are more people that want their hands on them. more people leaving buffalo = lowering prices just to put butts in the seats.

that is just 1 example.

i'm not saying you aren't a fan of the bills cuz you apparently are, but i don't think you have a good understand of the economics of the whole situation.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 08:07 PM
"Time for Ralph wilson to do what it takes. Increase ticket prices to the NFL norm (we are known as being below). Do more marketing in Canada etc. Sell naming rights to the Stadium. It's time for the small market owners to step up and quit whining about being small market and find some way to compete. If not, it's time to find an owner who can."
I was responding to this, it won't matter who owns this cause cause this town can't handle NFL agerage prices

There is no doom and gloom involved here ICE, it is reality brother. How will the Wilsons of the leauge complete with the deep pockets of the super 6-8. They can't so every year the big money will draw the big FA, and the other teams suck hind tit. People are leaving this area cause there isn't any jobs and taxes are to high. The ones that have jobs WILL NOT be able to afford league average ticket prices. Here what it come down to ICE for the average fan around these parts, they are able to afford tickets now cause Ralph has been able to keep ticket prices in the comsumers price range. That is why the NFL works, cause they were smart enough to make sure all the owners were taken cake of. If it come down to food and clothes for family of Bills tickets guess which one people will choose.

How about not trying to outbid them for the Top FA's and actually count on good scouting, drafting and God forbid...COACHING!

That said, There is going to come a day where possibly there won't be 32 teams. Maybe 26-28 in Cities that can afford them. That IS a possiblity.

Now again....lets let it play out. So far we know we have an 06 and 07 season. Way too early to even think about the Bills moving etc.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 08:09 PM
not that it makes you less of fan.... but.... it does matter.

you really can't sit there and say it's as simple as "raise ticket prices and if they are true fans people will go"... it's easy to say when you aren't actually buying tickets and going to games.

i have to drive 700 miles round trip to go to 1 home game. on top of all the costs just to go and get there. jack up the ticket prices and it pretty much knocks out going to games as an option.

again it's not as simple as black and white. here's just one example - population migration. people are moving south every day in the U.S. ny state taxes and costs of living are so high that people are leaving WNY and NY for that matter every day. same goes for cities like cleveland. how can teams afford to raise prices when the fan base is dwindeling based on factors outside their control.

more people living in dallas = jones is able to increase ticket prices because there are more people that want their hands on them. more people leaving buffalo = lowering prices just to put butts in the seats.

that is just 1 example.

i'm not saying you aren't a fan of the bills cuz you apparently are, but i don't think you have a good understand of the economics of the whole situation.

Are you saying your entire trip is put off because of a 20.00 increase in your tickets? I am possibly bringing 5 of us 1200 miles ONE WAY! An extra $100.00 won't detur me.

BTW it's nice to actually debate without war breaking out LOL!

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
dude, season tickets are 10 games a year... i'm not talking about going to 1 game. it costs me anwhere between 250 and 350 to go to one game... and that doesn't even count lodging because i stay with friends or my parents who still live up there. last year we were in rockpile, cheapest seats in the house. this year we moved to section 139, so i will be paying even more.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 08:14 PM
That isn't the case at all. They CAN and now they will need to. Look pay for the tickets or dont, it really is that simple. If they want to raise every ticket 15 bucks each, fine. I am a Bills fan, if I choose to go to a game I will pay it, that is what they charge.

What are the Bills worth to YOU as a fan? If they mean as much as all of us scream they do on the message boards then realise this is the way the NFL is these days and pay the ticket prices and be done with it.

You live 1200 miles away so you really do not understand how depressed western ny is. That would wxplain alot. The Bills mean alot to most of us here, but I'm telling you no matter how much we and they love them, again for alot of fans it will come down to food or tickets. If you cared to read the Buffalo paper when they were trying to get the money to fix up the stadium, there were many nonsports fans that could have cared this weather the Bills are here o not. That was changed a little when the were shown the amount of money generated by the team. The burden of ticket increase will fall squarely on the fans and a lot of them will not be able to afford it! This is not being "so damn hysterical and freaking out " as you put it, this is debating what you are saying with facts and reality. Just cause you say something doen't make it right, and as far as this issue goes you are more of base with your opinion then most any other opinion you have made here! This is not the Buffalo of the 40's-80 this is the buffalo losing jobs and people faster than the Bills lost games last year.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
my case is just one example though. i am lucky enough to make enough $ to afford cheap seats... i probably make almost double what somebody in WNY in the same industry would make so somebody trying to buy the same seats on half the salary, might not be so economically sound.

the state of NY is a mess. with people leaving all the time, bills fans literally live every place in the country and raising prices increases the costs significantly to the point where some people who might go to 2 or 3 games a year must cut back to 1 or in some cases none. that is not good when your fan base is all over the place due to circumstances out of the franchises control

EricStratton
03-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Just for the record, naming rights are about $10 million a year and a $15 ticket jump raises about 10.5 million per.

Is that 20 million going to raise the Bills to the level of the RedSkins?

If the Bills (or Green Bay or Jacksonville or whoever is a small market team) could get 100% of the outside income available in the area they still can't get into the tax bracket of some of the larger market teams.

The Skins, Giants, Raiders, Cowboys and Pats will always generate more money then the Bills. That's why revenue sharing is vital to this league.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Just for the record, naming rights are about $10 million a year and a $15 ticket jump raises about 10.5 million per.

Is that 20 million going to raise the Bills to the level of the RedSkins?

If the Bills (or Green Bay or Jacksonville or whoever is a small market team) could get 100% of the outside income available in the area they still can't get into the tax bracket of some of the larger market teams.

The Skins, Giants, Raiders, Cowboys and Pats will always generate more money then the Bills. That's why revenue sharing is vital to this league.

Again, draft well, Try to keep most of your own and coach well.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM
i think i read that there is a rule where teams cannot increase ticket prices by more than 30% if there is no cba/rev sharing.

if a person is paying 48$ for a seat at the ralph, that equates to a 14$ increase.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 08:25 PM

that is a whole other issue. you might start seeing the Eli Manning effect where guys will refuse to play for crappy teams or teams that can't afford to pay. there would probably be a massive amount of hold outs.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I am really not meaning to try and be a dick here but the Gloom and doom needs to stop. We have an 06 season to think about. Then an 07. IF 08 is bad deal with it then. Try to enjoy now.
'
I for one am pumped about FA starting tomorrow. Lets get ready to try and win some damn football games.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 08:30 PM

If this isn't an over simplification of the issue. Drafting well is always important, keeping most of your own, that can't happen when you WILL ALWAYS be out bid by the haves, and with out players the coaching part is mute!

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 08:31 PM
i think there is only a select few who spout the doom and gloom.

i for one have never been worried or bought into the whole franchise relocation bs that constantly circulates these boards, but without the cba and rev sharing it's been on my mind.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 08:32 PM
I am really not meaning to try and be a dick here but the Gloom and doom needs to stop. We have an 06 season to think about. Then an 07. IF 08 is bad deal with it then. Try to enjoy now.
'
I for one am pumped about FA starting tomorrow. Lets get ready to try and win some damn football games.

Again; This is not being "so damn hysterical and freaking out " as you put it, this is debating what you are saying with facts and reality. Just cause you say something doen't make it right, and as far as this issue goes you are more of base with your opinion then most any other opinion you have made here! This is not the Buffalo of the 40's-80 this is the buffalo losing jobs and people faster than the Bills lost games last year.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 08:36 PM
i think there is only a select few who spout the doom and gloom.

i for one have never been worried or bought into the whole franchise relocation bs that constantly circulates these boards, but without the cba and rev sharing it's been on my mind.

I am a very optimistic person by nature, I just don't see an owner staying in an area were he won't sellout every game if the people can't afford the tickets. In this age in sports where everything revolves around my, what would you do.

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I own a business and anyone who does, knows one universal thing: When the cost of running a business increases, so does the cost of doing business. IE if you are selling a product, and it costs you more to buy it, you don't sell it for the same price you were before the increase.

Bottom line is the cost of running a business is forever increasing, and to keep it alive, increasing prices is one of the things that has to be done. It's reality.

kinigirly
03-05-2006, 08:42 PM
thanks for the highschool economy lesson F_L. that'll do wonders for the debate now!

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 08:50 PM
If this isn't an over simplification of the issue. Drafting well is always important, keeping most of your own, that can't happen when you WILL ALWAYS be out bid by the haves, and with out players the coaching part is mute!

Worry about it in 2008

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2006, 08:53 PM
thanks for the highschool economy lesson F_L. that'll do wonders for the debate now!

:couch: sometimes you have to dumb it down for people!

kinigirly
03-05-2006, 08:57 PM
:couch: sometimes you have to dumb it down for people!

true dat. maybe ice gets it now thanks to your selfless help

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
I own a business and anyone who does, knows one universal thing: When the cost of running a business increases, so does the cost of doing business. IE if you are selling a product, and it costs you more to buy it, you don't sell it for the same price you were before the increase.

Bottom line is the cost of running a business is forever increasing, and to keep it alive, increasing prices is one of the things that has to be done. It's reality.

Oustanding post.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 09:00 PM
true dat. maybe ice gets it now thanks to your selfless help

Excuse me? I am the guy saying we need to increase the ticket prices.

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2006, 09:04 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not agreeing with it, I'm just saying that it's inevitable.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not agreeing with it, I'm just saying that it's inevitable.

If reality said we could keep ticket prices the same for the next 15 years fine by me. Reality though says ralph now has to step up and find some way to help bring in more money. 10 mill per for naming rights is still 10 mill per.

kinigirly
03-05-2006, 09:07 PM

i said it cause i wanted to see if you were gonna talk smack about me or if you have actually reformed

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 09:08 PM
i said it cause i wanted to see if you were gonna talk smack about me or if you have actually reformed

I am just here to try and talk football.:beers:

EricStratton
03-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Increasing ticket prices may help but that won't turn Buffalo into washington or NYC.

I agree tickets could rise but even the $15 number that was thrown out only amounts to $10 million. That's one signing bonus these days.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 10:20 PM

And what happens when the cost to do business can't be done cause the costs are too high...

kgun12
03-05-2006, 10:27 PM
If reality said we could keep ticket prices the same for the next 15 years fine by me. Reality though says ralph now has to step up and find some way to help bring in more money. 10 mill per for naming rights is still 10 mill per.

No one said or thinks prices can stay the same for the next 15 years, what we are saying is that the economy in western ny can't handle a spike to the big market teams in one or 2 years. As far as the 10 mil. the big guys carry that around in their pockets, a 10 mil sign bonus will be for their kickers and long snappers, un like the small market guys who will have to spread that over 2-3 signings.

As far as your comment about worring about that in 2008, I hope you don't run your business with that attitude, cause you won't have it for long!

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 10:30 PM
No one said or thinks prices can stay the same for the next 15 years, what we are saying is that the economy in western ny can't handle a spike to the big market teams in one or 2 years. As far as the 10 mil. the big guys carry that around in their pockets, a 10 mil sign bonus will be for their kickers and long snappers, un like the small market guys who will have to spread that over 2-3 signings.

As far as your comment about worring about that in 2008, I hope you don't run your business with that attitude, cause you won't have it for long!

Let me say this again, you the fan can't do spit about the situation, so deal with 06 and 07.

Here is the reality, there is going to come a time when WNY Needs to get it's sh!@ together or else they lose the Bills. That is reality.

and I know all about the dirty politics, crap tax rates etc of WNY. I understand that, but again reality says, pay or the Bills go.

kgun12
03-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Let me say this again, you the fan can't do spit about the situation, so deal with 06 and 07.

Your right so stop all the whinning on the other threads about them pushing back FA, cause remember "you the fan can't do spit about the situation" :;

kgun12
03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Your right so stop all the whinning on the other threads about them pushing back FA, cause remember "you the fan can't do spit about the situation" :;

:popcorn: :tap: