PDA

View Full Version : speaking of free agency...

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 08:22 PM
does anybody here do strictly owner mode on Madden?

i just started doing it. basically doing the administrative stuff and simming all the games to see how good of a GM you are.

try using the Bills, it is hard!

BADTHINGSMAN
03-05-2006, 09:17 PM
does anybody here do strictly owner mode on Madden?

i just started doing it. basically doing the administrative stuff and simming all the games to see how good of a GM you are.

try using the Bills, it is hard!

Im doing both that and superstar mode.. Owner mode is difficult especially with Buffalo..

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 09:21 PM
yeah i went 6-10 my first season, half my starters were injured! then i went out and got some free agents, and then 2 of them got injured, it was a disaster.

my second season i went 7-9 eventhough i drafted and FA'd really well. i think i need to get rid of losman and holcomb but there are never any good FA QB's.

i'm not making any money... even with advertising and fan appreciation i can only fill the stadium at 42%

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 09:22 PM
JF That's pretty much all I do. I like it.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 09:23 PM
yeah, i never tried it before this week i thought it would be stupid, it's actually more addictive than playing!

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 09:25 PM
yeah, i never tried it before this week i thought it would be stupid, it's actually more addictive than playing! LMAO I know. My wife hates it!

What I did was import the NCAA06 draft class then do what I needed to in order to get the top two draft picks. I took Bush and Lionart LOL! Both are at or over 85 as rookies!!

BADTHINGSMAN
03-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I went 3-13 my first year then moved to the 2nd spot and took a QB.. He is actually doing quite well.. McGahee went down with a season ending injury during preseason so my RB is Trung Canidate best available in FA..

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 09:31 PM
after my first season i drafted a Left OT with the 9th overall pick. he is a beast. then the rest of my picks were all defense and are ok but they need development.

my first season the defense sucked and was last in the league in rushing yardage given up and gave up almost 500 points!!

i revamped the defense and my second season they were better by 1 win but were more competitive... but my offense regressed basically because moulds, parrish, and everett all got hurt and holcomb and losman both stunk the joint up, both throwing more INT's than TD's.

i made a sweet move after my first draft though. before the draft i had franchised milloy. he got all pissed off an wanted out so i ended up drafting a stud to replace him with an 84 rating right out of school in the 3rd round, then i traded milloy for adam archuletta (troy vincent retired leaving me with baker rated 72 overall) and 2 draft picks for my next draft.

Bill Brasky
03-05-2006, 09:32 PM
I went 3-13 my first year then moved to the 2nd spot and took a QB.. He is actually doing quite well.. McGahee went down with a season ending injury during preseason so my RB is Trung Canidate best available in FA..

lol i picked up canidate in FA as well! he's a good backup.

ICE74129
03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
i traded milloy for adam archuletta

I bet that happens but via FA this year :-)