PDA

View Full Version : We could land some players!!!

lordofgun
03-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Mort just reported on ESPN that as few as 6 teams could be active in the FA market with a max of 10. Marv has already said we will be one of them. :bf1:

ZacGriffi~82
03-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Awesome!

ZacGriffi~82
Do you remember some of the others?

ICE74129
But LOG didn't you read, we are DOOOOOOMED!

billsburgh
03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Marv is going on a spending spree

Jan Reimers
03-06-2006, 05:54 AM
Marv is going on a spending spree
We're only about $8.6M under the cap at this point. I'm afraid that in today's NFL, that won't allow much of a spending spree.

ddaryl
03-06-2006, 06:04 AM
We're only about $8.6M under the cap at this point. I'm afraid that in today's NFL, that won't allow much of a spending spree.

But if there is a wealth of talent out there, and limited moeny to sign them all then theoretically there will be plenty of great bargains to be had a month or 2 into FA.

don137
03-06-2006, 07:45 AM
It all depends on the cap number for 2006. With so many teams cutting players to get under the cap it should be a buyers market for some teams under the cap. No need to go crazy overspending early. I think you can get good value if you have money and spend wisely.

Saratoga Slim
03-06-2006, 07:46 AM
This is all assuming that we don't get the CBA done, as that will inflate the cap to 105M or more. If it gets done there will be more teams with cap space to play with

TigerJ
03-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Minnesota is about $26 million under the cap. They will be the busiest.

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 07:49 AM
This is all assuming that we don't get the CBA done, as that will inflate the cap to 105M or more. If it gets done there will be more teams with cap space to play with

Yes and no. We already have a sizeable gap on most teams. We are 10 mill under right now. Add money to everyone and we still have 10 mill more than most other teams.

clumping platelets
03-06-2006, 08:08 AM
If the CBA is extended, all teams will be players

DraftBoy
03-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Thats why Ive been yelling for FA to start already and dont let the market be flooded wit buyers. Not having a CBA till after FA helps out this team more than anybody seems to acknowledge. NO NEW CBA!!

clumping platelets
03-06-2006, 08:22 AM
It's not like the Bills have tons of cap space like the Vikings......

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2006, 08:25 AM
How much space do we have Clump.

HAMMER
03-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Thats why Ive been yelling for FA to start already and dont let the market be flooded wit buyers. Not having a CBA till after FA helps out this team more than anybody seems to acknowledge. NO NEW CBA!!

Your theory is sound in the short term, we would have more players to chose from and less competition. But if 2007 and beyond are uncapped years, us and other smaller market franchises would be doomed to mediocrity. You can't just live for today.

bledslow
03-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Yes and no. We already have a sizeable gap on most teams. We are 10 mill under right now. Add money to everyone and we still have 10 mill more than most other teams.

true,BUT,management has the overwhelming daunting task of convincing free agents to come to buffalo. a one way ticket to antarctica is a more attracted offer then buffalo(lets be honest here,we know it is).

sure,SOMEHOW players like milloy and spikes got suckered into coming to buffalo,but i think current free agents are gonna look at those two and realized it's not the ideal place to go(or live,IMO) and be successful,for a whole bunch of reasons.bad coaching,bad management,(marv is old and close to death and probably does not even know what day it is) bad current crop of players that are already there,not the greatest fan support(there has been many times in recent years where ralph had to buy the remaining tickets to prevent blackouts because the gameS did not sell out.not sure if this happened last year though).

buffalo missed the boat by not getting mangini(IMO). there is little reason why a good player who is dedicated to winning,to come to buffalo.the only player they got like that in recent years is holcomb.

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 11:22 AM
It's not like the Bills have tons of cap space like the Vikings......

But from what I have seen morso than most. We cut moulds and definately so. A 7 mill gap on most team (just throwing out a number) is still a 7 mill gap.

DraftBoy
03-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Your theory is sound in the short term, we would have more players to chose from and less competition. But if 2007 and beyond are uncapped years, us and other smaller market franchises would be doomed to mediocrity. You can't just live for today.

I disagree, we could easily have Ralph form a bloc of small market owners under the cap to keep any deal from passing till after the FA period is in full swing. You always live for today and plan for tommorow. A counter is that the large market teams would then form their own bloc to prevent a new deal and an 07 uncapped year and this very well may be true but they want this deal pretty bad so they dont have to cut a ton of players to get under the lower cap.

HAMMER
03-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I disagree, we could easily have Ralph form a bloc of small market owners under the cap to keep any deal from passing till after the FA period is in full swing. You always live for today and plan for tommorow. A counter is that the large market teams would then form their own bloc to prevent a new deal and an 07 uncapped year and this very well may be true but they want this deal pretty bad so they dont have to cut a ton of players to get under the lower cap.

I don't think Ralph would go that far.

Lone Stranger
03-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I believe Clump has the right perspective on this issue. Besides it seems that all the teams are interested in the same players. Why would they want to come to Buffalo? It's going to take some selling to get quality free agents here particularly after TD has decimated this franchise.

L.A. Playa
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
while Buffalo is not the most exciting place in the world, the cost of living is less in buffalo than other NFL cities so, they could get more for their dollar, but that being said most likely the Bills will be looking and 2nd tier FA's hopefully they are smart enough not to overpay them