PDA

View Full Version : Lavar Arrington Released

BADTHINGSMAN
03-05-2006, 11:05 PM
They said Lavar payed the Redskins 4mil to be released..

Bert102176
03-05-2006, 11:56 PM
can he play where Posey plays, I don't really care for Posey

gr8slayer
03-05-2006, 11:57 PM
We could not afford him. And has everyone forgotten about Crowell?

vicmantak
03-06-2006, 02:18 AM
They said Lavar payed the Redskins 4mil to be released..
Where's the link. I can't believe he payed that amount of money to be released. If true he made his worst ever decision on life. Arrington had Redskins on the corner and if he had waited just a few hours, he would have killed them and would have recieved a guaranteed $12 mil on bonuses!

dannyek71
03-06-2006, 09:37 AM
id take alook at him for very cheap. If we could get a player of his talent for a low price then why not. Arrington/Fletcher/Spikes = nasty

NC-BILLS44
03-06-2006, 09:57 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9286893

An official with knowledge of the transaction, speaking to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said Arrington agreed to a buyout that relinquished more than $4 million rather than restructure his contract in a way that would allow him to remain in Washington

Mitchy moo
03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
can he play where Posey plays, I don't really care for Posey

Arrington did not see much playing time early in the 2005 season as he worked his way back from offseason knee surgery. The former Penn State standout became disgruntled over his diminished role, though it is unclear whether those feelings have played a part in the current negotiations. The three-time Pro Bowl linebacker regained his starting job against Philadelphia on Nov. 6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355921

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, he was just hurt.

Kerr
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I don't think they'll bring anyone in to replace Posey. I think Posey's successor is already on the roster-Angelo Crowell.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Arrington is a Levy kind of player. I think, honestly, Levy has had Arrington in the back of his mind since he started looking at this team.

I don't think we need him, but it won't surprise me one bit to see him come to town for a visit.

Stewie
03-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Arrington didn't give them 4 million, he agreed not to get a deferred payment that he already earned as part of his signing bonus. He never had control of that money, and would have gotten it in July, whether or not he was still on the team.

Problem is, he wouldn't be on the team. The redskins would have cut him towards the end of FA, after all the teams used up their available cap room, and he'd be scrambling to get much more than a million or two. And its completely wrong to say that he'd get another 12 million by staying with them... that his total salary including bonuses for this year, none of which he'd get if he was cut. (Except for the deferred bonus, of course)

Arrington is betting he can make more than 4 million guaranteed being available at the start of FA. I think it's a good bet.

AndreReed83
03-06-2006, 07:08 PM
It kills me that the Redskins constantly pay washed up players and depth/role players top dollar, yet they constantly mismanaged, mistreated, and finally cut the best player on their defense. I'd love him in Buffalo, but if that doesn't happen (which it probably won't) I'd love to see him on another NFC East team, so he could kick some Redskin ass twice a season.

FlyingDutchman
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
hate to poop on some of yours parades, but theres no shot in hell we would ever get him or even pursue him. He is way too expensive. Linebackers is not a priority with us. We have 1 above avg linebacker in fletcher, probably one of the best linebackers in spikes, and posey....well we have crowell to replace him. We have much bigger needs than to piss away money in actually one of our more strong areas.

patmoran2006
03-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Willis is 100%.. correct.

There is no way Lavar is coming here, ESPECIALLY cheap.. He would COST way too much money for a unit that is one of Buffalo's few strengths right now (especially with TKO)

2 Teams are very likely to overpay for him. Houston and Arizona.. He will end up.. A Cardinal

patmoran2006
03-06-2006, 07:48 PM
YOu can add the Vikings to that mix too.. damn send button

vicmantak
03-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Arrington didn't give them 4 million, he agreed not to get a deferred payment that he already earned as part of his signing bonus. He never had control of that money, and would have gotten it in July, whether or not he was still on the team.

Problem is, he wouldn't be on the team. The redskins would have cut him towards the end of FA, after all the teams used up their available cap room, and he'd be scrambling to get much more than a million or two. And its completely wrong to say that he'd get another 12 million by staying with them... that his total salary including bonuses for this year, none of which he'd get if he was cut. (Except for the deferred bonus, of course)

Arrington is betting he can make more than 4 million guaranteed being available at the start of FA. I think it's a good bet.
I'm not sure about this. The Redskins couldn't cut Arrington outright because it would have cost them some $12 million against the cap in 2006 with only $125'000 of cap savings. In other words, release Arrington would have cost Redskins almost $12 mil of dead cap for nothing and it seems that Redskins have something to really celebrate now.

IMO Redskins was deliberately preparing his departure from his knee injury (two years ago) and it's not difficult to figure that something obscure and unknown happened or is still happening between Redskins FO and Arrington's agent Kevin Post.

Sorry for Arrington but Washington Redskins FO is loaded of intelligent but cruel people and it looks like he was directed to trigger one of his biggest mistakes on life. Anyway, even if LaVar is confident enough to see that there are still millions in front of him (future) being part of a $12 million sham really hurts...

camelcowboy
03-06-2006, 09:00 PM
If a line backer is to be had in free agency, bring in will witherspoon. He still has upside. Less injury and attitude as well.

vicmantak
03-06-2006, 09:13 PM
If he opted to gave up millions for his freedom this season... for sure it means that he will play like a one of the fiercest beast ever in any team he lands...

gr8slayer
03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Why does everyone always talk about bringing in LB's? We have one of the best corps in the league with Crowell, Fletcher and Spikes. And we still have Posey. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER LB.

Unless of course Marv gets rid of one of the above mentioned.

patmoran2006
03-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Arrington athletically is still a stud.. He's a guy that I bet on a new team is gonna rip the NFL up..

Stewie
03-07-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm not sure about this. The Redskins couldn't cut Arrington outright because it would have cost them some $12 million against the cap in 2006 with only $125'000 of cap savings. In other words, release Arrington would have cost Redskins almost $12 mil of dead cap for nothing and it seems that Redskins have something to really celebrate now.

IMO Redskins was deliberately preparing his departure from his knee injury (two years ago) and it's not difficult to figure that something obscure and unknown happened or is still happening between Redskins FO and Arrington's agent Kevin Post.

Sorry for Arrington but Washington Redskins FO is loaded of intelligent but cruel people and it looks like he was directed to trigger one of his biggest mistakes on life. Anyway, even if LaVar is confident enough to see that there are still millions in front of him (future) being part of a $12 million sham really hurts...

Sorry, wrong again. The cap hit for cutting is this years salary plus all future year bonuses. It does not mean he would have been paid 12 million dollars this year. He wasn't gonna see any salary from the redskins this year, and he would have been cut before he was supposed to get any bonuses, thus guaranteeing him the unfun job of trying to wring money out of teams that have already spent it all.

Arrington basically let 4 million dollars go so he could be a FA now instead of July.

BTW his agent is Poston, and its not unknown what's going on between them. The agent scrwed up and told Lavar there was a 6.5 million dollar bonus that wasn't there. (ironically enough, that 6.5 million would have just got him cut a month early - in June instead of July.) So the agent does the only thing he can to save face: he blames the team. The team didn't like being called liars.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Arrington athletically is still a stud.. He's a guy that I bet on a new team is gonna rip the NFL up..
He is not half what he used to be before the injury.

ExWNYer
03-07-2006, 11:26 AM
If you're looking for an overrated, undisciplined, freelancing LB who doesn't listen to his coaches then Arrington is your man. Take it from someone living in Foreskins country. If you can't play for Joe Gibbs, then you can't play.

mikemac2001
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
then why did he finish the year starting..... FOR JOE gibbs, WHy did he have an INT and a FF againist TB in playoff GAME...NO IDK hes washed up. They wouldnt have beat TB if he didnt make those plays. SO dont tell us he didnt play for joe gibbs. i know he missed games and didnt have a great year but i think he will still be an impact LB for whatever team he plays for.