PDA

View Full Version : Pennington forfeits roster bonus

kgun12
03-06-2006, 04:21 AM
and he's not even aging and on the decline! Well after the injury he might be on the decline

Jets | Pennington forfeits roster bonus
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 01:33:20 -0800

Updating previous reports, Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington was slated to receive a $3 million roster bonus, but he forfeited it as part of his renegotiation with the team. Overall, he took a 66 percent pay cut. His base salary was also lowered from $6 million to $3 million. While the salary is guaranteed and his roster spot virtually is too, it is not definite he will retain his starting job.

YardRat
03-06-2006, 06:01 AM
It would be nice if Moulds were that accomodating.

vicmantak
03-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Please Moulds. Just do it!
Don't jeopardize your Hall of Fame spot only for money.

Earthquake Enyart
03-06-2006, 06:43 AM
You guys are nuts. Before the shoulder surgery, Pennington had a rag arm. No way he could command $3 mil on the FA market.

Moulds knows his market value, and is unwilling to play for less for a losing team.

I can't say that I blame him.

clumping platelets
03-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Moulds will not come close to the money in FA that he's presently scheduled to make...

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Please Moulds. Just do it!
Don't jeopardize your Hall of Fame spot only for money.

HOF? :roflmao: In his and a handful of his fans own minds maybe.

MikeInRoch
03-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Chad is NOT only doing this to be loyal. No way he makes that much money on the open market.

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 07:42 AM
You guys are nuts. Before the shoulder surgery, Pennington had a rag arm. No way he could command $3 mil on the FA market.

Moulds knows his market value, and is unwilling to play for less for a losing team.

I agree with clump, Moulds isn't going to make anywhere near the money he thinks. He should forfit the reporting bonus and take the 1.83 mill cap cut and be done with it.

Shasta McNasty
03-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Most of you guys are right, but I think Moulds just wants a chance to win a ring. His time left is limited so he is probably thinking pay me big or else I am going to try and get that ring. I can't fault him for that.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2006, 08:43 AM
HOF? :roflmao: In his and a handful of his fans own minds maybe.

Moulds could of been a Hall Of Fame WR if he didn't have Alex Van Pelt, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Billy Joe Hobert, Todd Collins throwing the ball to him. Name 1 Hall of Fame WR that has had
8 different QBs throwing to him during his career?

TacklingDummy
03-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Moulds will not come close to the money in FA that he's presently scheduled to make...

Is what he's presently scheduled to make next year the same amount he made last year?

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Moulds could of been a Hall Of Fame WR if he didn't have Alex Van Pelt, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Billy Joe Hobert, Todd Collins throwing the ball to him. Name 1 Hall of Fame WR that has had

Sounds like an excuse to me. The GREAT ones never make excuses...but then again we are talking about moulds....

Meathead
03-06-2006, 09:20 AM
lolololol

yeah pennington is on the bubble, may never play again, and gives up his roster bonus to be a "team player"

lolololol

Mr B
03-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Comparing Moulds and Pennington's situations is like comparing apples to oranges. Pennington's injuries may very well end his career. The Jets almost did him a favor. Moulds is a beast that has never missed much playing time due to injury. He plays hard, even harder after getting benched to audition for his new team.

Earthquake Enyart
03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree that Moulds couldn't get his existing contract numbers in FA, but he thinks he can get more than Marv is offering now in a restructure deal.

DarbyTheDinosaur
03-06-2006, 10:57 AM

I totally agree with Earthquake...Pennington sucks and is gimpy and he knows it. He'd have been a fool not to take any deal NY put his way. There were way too many question marks around him for other teams to take a chance.

With Moulds there is no injury issue...just an attitude problem according to some and production tailing off of late. Well, as TO has displayed, teams could care less about attitude problems. And the tailing off of production may be due to use of a first year QB. Moulds will do well in FA.

kgun12
03-06-2006, 04:35 PM

Maybe you are right, but the fact of the matter is he isn't ever going to sniff a nomination to the Hall.

kgun12
03-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Most of you guys are right, but I think Moulds just wants a chance to win a ring. His time left is limited so he is probably thinking pay me big or else I am going to try and get that ring. I can't fault him for that.

I'll agree with this, but I will also say if N. O. offers him a boat load of money he plays there. I think todays a lot of todays players, not all but a lot of them cares as much if not more about the money then the ring. It seem like show me the money and if I get a ring great.

justasportsfan
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Moulds will not come close to the money in FA that he's presently scheduled to make...maybe it's not about the money anymore. Maybe he just wants to win for a change. He's given his best years for the team. He opted to stay with the bills instead of testing the market during his prime and we praised him for it even though it hurt his nos. by staying with a team that played musical chairs with it's coaches, qb and OL. He also restructured to save the bills some $$. Now he's greedy all of a sudden and a locker room cancer.

As a fan, I wished he would restructure and stay. As a player , after everything I've done for the team, it's time they "show me the money"

gr8slayer
03-06-2006, 06:12 PM
If Chad can get that shoulder back in line and return to his old self the AFC East is in trouble.

G. Host
03-08-2006, 11:38 AM
After two operations Chad will more likely be Hanging Chad and is doing whatever he can ti stay in the game and not have to compete on a team he does not know the personel so well on and does not need to go thru other adjustments with. He also got two years of sitting on the bench as at a first round pick salary so he might be feeling charitable. If things do not work out he has had time to rehab his shoulder and try out for another team next year.

Moulds is different - he is tired of inefective offenses and especially inefective QBs. He sacraficed for the team and no longer feels he needs to do so anymore. He signed the contract back loaded because with the right offenses he is WORTH the money but has not been able to prove it other than sporadically given the caliber of the teams. The sequential catch per game streak break also factors into it. He wants to go to a new team but is not burning his bridges becoming hostile to staying.

I think Marv wants Moulds to stay because he needs leadership on offense. The Bills have not shown that they are preparing for a dramatic turn around in offense so nothing is gained by Moulds staying another year to be cut next year excpt more dolalrs. Moulds would consider an offer from Bills in free agency so this does not mean he can not be cut, seek a position in free agency and still come back to play with Bills at a reduced rate. Like Ruben Brown's agent, Moulds's agent may be over valuing his worth in market.