PDA

View Full Version : How about these WRs in FA

Mahdi
03-06-2006, 12:09 PM
After Moulds is released, what would you guys think of signing,

Justin Gage, WR, Chicago: 6'4, 212.

oR

Brian Finneran, WR, Atlanta: 6'5, 217.

Justin Gage is young big and fast, and can make a good tandem with Lee.

Finneran is a bit older but he had 50 receptions with Mike Vick, which is pretty good. He's also a big target which we will be needing.

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM
How about this...

Address LG and Center in FA make Preston the backup for both. Sign Isaac Bruce and Brian Finneran. Draft V Davis. Now go 3 wide no huddle. :biggrin:

McBFLO
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I like the idea of Joe Jurevicius. But considering he may command big money in FA, Finneran wouldn't be a bad 2nd option. Both are big targets with good hands. However, I'd like to see them go after Bruce first (if we're talking WRs).

dannyek71
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Issac Bruce wouldnt be bad if we could get him alot cheaper than EM. Otherwise, ID prefer to keep EM.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2006, 12:19 PM
How about this...

Address LG and Center in FA make Preston the backup for both. Sign Isaac Bruce and Brian Finneran. Draft V Davis. Now go 3 wide no huddle. :biggrin:
I actually love this idea!

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Issac Bruce wouldnt be bad if we could get him alot cheaper than EM. Otherwise, ID prefer to keep EM.
I GUARANTEE that Bruce will not cost us 10 mil a year or 5 mil for that matter.

McBFLO
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM
He may prefer Detroit though. Mike Martz, a dome stadium...

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM
I GUARANTEE that Bruce will not cost us 10 mil a year or 5 mil for that matter.

Bruce will play for 3 mill in base pay and about 1.5 in incentives

Saratoga Slim
03-06-2006, 01:04 PM

Detroit has enough damn receivers.

Mudflap1
03-06-2006, 01:39 PM
And who is running this 3-wide no-huddle? Losman? You need to have a savvy veteran QB with an arm. That eliminates Holcomb too.

Jon

ICE74129
03-06-2006, 02:02 PM
And who is running this 3-wide no-huddle? Losman? You need to have a savvy veteran QB with an arm. That eliminates Holcomb too.

Jon

JP looked damn good running the No huddle, too bad MM stopped using it as soon as JP started to get the hang of it

Mudflap1
03-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Except for a few brief moments and a few consecutive passes, J.P. didn't look good in any capacity last season. It's sad that our expectations and tolerance have fallen so low that the play we've seen the last few seasons has us pacified to a certain extent. If Losman is the answer, he needs to step up his game, prove himself to the new coaching staff, then they need to play him and he needs to produce. Period.

Frankly, my personal opinion is that he's not nearly ready enough to 1) learn a whole new offensive system, and 2) run it as a 3-wide no huddle attack. We need to stop living in the past. That offense worked because Jim Kelly ran a similar system with the Houston Gamblers for a few years, then the system was brought to Buffalo because we had superior skill position players, one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, and a pretty decent defense. Right now, our defense needs work, our offensive line is in shambles (granted ICE, you yourself assumed we picked up considerable offensive line talent through free agency), and we don't have the skill position players that we had in those K-Gun days (especially if Moulds is cut). Again, then we have J.P. at QB. Given all of the other factors, he's definitely not in the position to succeed in a K-Gun type offense. He needs a lot of work himself, then the team as a whole needs a lot of work.

Jon

ShadowHawk7
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
I'd take Gage as a 3rd, but I don't think he's ready to start yet. We also already have Parrish and Reed as reserves. If Moulds is cut, I say go all out for Givens.

ParanoidAndroid
03-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I like Jabar Gaffney.

TigerJ
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM

Isn't Detroit swimming in WRs who are first round draft picks, or did they cut someone?

bledslow
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM

Jon

not every pass is 50 yards+. i think holcomb(despite not having a powerful arm) would run it pretty well. raiders did that from time to time with gannon at an INCREDIBLY HIGH LEVEL,and gannon had the arm strength of a t-w-a-t. You need accuracy and smarts a hell of a lot more then arm power. that certainly eliminates that goof monster jp losman,who has the brain power of corkey on black tar heroin.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Losman's problems were Moulds fault, the O-lines fault, Murlarkeys fault, Clements fault, Wyche fault, Willis fault, see the pattern here?

Everyones fault but JPs.

If the Bills are going to bring in a WR they might as well bring in TO or keep Moulds.

gr8slayer
03-06-2006, 06:00 PM
I would take Gage as a number two. Wasnt he a first round pick?

patmoran2006
03-06-2006, 06:36 PM
How about this... Laugh all you want too.
Josh Reed will be back with Buffalo next year.

Marv is spending 80% of his money on the lines..

gr8slayer
03-06-2006, 06:36 PM

Marv is spending 80% of his money on the lines..
I would be all for it if it means Losman having more time.

Mudflap1
03-07-2006, 12:08 AM

Marv is spending 80% of his money on the lines..\

I would take this scenario. I've said it a million times... if we build the O and D lines right, it really won't matter WHO we have behind center, that guy should do fine...

Jon

kgun12
03-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Losman's problems were Moulds fault, the O-lines fault, Murlarkeys fault, Clements fault, Wyche fault, Willis fault, see the pattern here?

Everyones fault but JPs.

If the Bills are going to bring in a WR they might as well bring in TO or keep Moulds.

Your fainally getting it man, well sort of! I don't think many of us actually said that none of the problems were JP's. What I think we have said is that he hasn't gotten enough time to see what is or isn't his fault. What I have also said is that people are way to quick to judge him as bad, because of all the seasons you stated above and that he hasn't played many games. If you want to judge him fairly he must be given a whole year as the starter, if he isn't progressing after that then we must go in another direction. Yes this means all of next year, but let's face it the Bills most likely won't be a playoff team next year unless they fix both sides of the lines.

As far as your TO comment, well maybe you haven't got it yet! lol.