PDA

View Full Version : The Optimism/Pessimism Indicator GaugeŽ (tadaaa) - March 06

Meathead
03-06-2006, 02:44 PM
In proud cooperation with nobody in particular Sandwich Productions® presents The Optimism/Pessimism Indicator Gauge® (tadaaa), or OPIG(td) for short.

Each month Sandwich Productions® asks you to gauge the level of your optimism or pessimism toward the Buffalo Bills and their upcoming season.

Here on the eve of free agency and with some cap money to spend, it's time to find out how you are feeling about the Bills' prospects at this point in time.

And don't forget, at the end of the season we will be having our patented Optimism/Pessimism Indicator Sharing Session® (OPISS) so you can demonstrate that you are the OPISSing Contest King!!

The Optimism/Pessimism Indicator Gauge® (tadaaa) - Vote Today!

Inaugeral OPIG Poll February 2006

Copyright 2006 Sandwich Productions®. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: Participation in OPIG polling may cause constipation, bloating, cramps, and a sudden conviction your boyfriend is a bastard. WARNING: if nipple erections last for more than four hours move to a frigid climate and consider a career as a diamond cutter. NOTE: international message board law states that if your username starts with the word ice you are obligated to be an aggravating bastard. CAUTION: following any brain injury immediately seek out unregulated bumper cars. REMINDER: It is unlawful to operate a birdshot rifle without a blood alcohol level of at least 0.15%

ryjam282
03-06-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm an optimist here. I think there is an outside shot at the playoffs. I like what Marv is doing, I think there is some room to improve this team and if JP continues to get better we should be decent.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Unless the NFL decides to throw out a few general rules (like holding), I think we are in for a long season this year. We really need to shore up our lines in the worst way. When we were pressured last year we looked like teenage campers that just saw their first grizzly bear, scare ****less. I expect the same think this year but with a tweak of optimism for the future. Late in the season I have this weird feeling that JP is actually going to understand that not ever ball has to find a pair of hands nor does he need to be the hero on every down. Sustained drives happen because of talent and planning & last year we had little/no planning of that (via watching the adjustments by MM & crew).

As I hear it Dick J. actually has multiple counter-plans but implements them based on what the other team is doing unlike MM. MM never realized that if your kicking the other teams ***, you don't have to get too cute (like when your up by 20). You use basics until you need to change it up a lot. Out thinking yourself and your own players is alot worse than out thinking the other team.

This is just a summation of the differences I see from last year to this year.

Bling
03-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I was realistic, and said you guys were 6-10 material. :up:

Saratoga Slim
03-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Bling, I'm typing with my head turned so as not to have to look at your Avatar photo.

I give us an outside chance of the playoffs. My opnion is based on faith in Marv to put some decent f-in lineman in Bills uniforms, and Juaron's ability to tell them what to do (i.e. run after the qaurterback or stop people from running after our quarterback). Both of these elements were sorely lacking under the Donohoe Mularkey regime.

I look forward to the post free agency version of the OPIG, as well as the post-draft OPIG. My future voting will hinge on the outcomes of those two events.

tat2dmike77
03-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Bling, I'm typing with my head turned so as not to have to look at your Avatar photo.

He's been waiting to give mm a handjob

YardRat
03-06-2006, 04:12 PM
8-8 is out of reach, IMO.

New offensive line, new defensive tackles, missing key veteran talent such as Moulds, Milloy, Adams, new offensive scheme, new defensive scheme, new coaching staff, new GM, uncertainty at key positions (DT, SS, #1 WR, TE, LT, QB especially, etc).

Too much going on too fast to expect, at this point anyway, anything other that the beginning of another rebuilding phase.

DraftBoy
03-06-2006, 05:41 PM
With the cut of Sam Adams I know have to say if the Season started tommrow 8 wins would be a miracle.

Meathead
03-07-2006, 07:21 PM
c'mon O you filthy PIGs more votes

OpIv37
03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Honestly, I think 8-8 is a HUUUGGE stretch this year. The only thing that will keep us out of the basement is the fact that the Jets are totally FUBAR.

That being said, if this labor deal gets done we'll have plenty of cap space and should be able to bring in some linemen and maybe give JP a real shot this year. Assuming JP can be mediocre or better, Willis can play up to his potential and there are no death-blow injuries, I think Marv can have us in the playoff hunt by 07.

I'm trying to be realistic here. There were some huge holes that developed this past year- more than I feel can be addressed in 1 season. But if we see improvement in a few key positions, I think we can get back on track next season. I basically consider this a rebuilding season.

Bling
03-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Do you guys really have the coaching that makes you a 6-10? to a 10-6 team? I don't think so. But if that's how you guys feel, time will tell...

ajsdx
03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
i have to say, the disclaimer is classic. you all know which part i'm talking about...

ajsdx
03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
that said, i'm optimistic. i wouldn't put money on making the playoffs, but i think it's certainly within our reach.

OpIv37
03-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Do you guys really have the coaching that makes you a 6-10? to a 10-6 team? I don't think so. But if that's how you guys feel, time will tell...

Mularkey, Clements and Gray made a lot of terrible decisions that held us back during games. On top of that, he lost the motivation of the team.

But it was more than just coaching. If we can get an average OL and DL in free agency, our skill players will be able to do their thing and that's worth at least 3 additional wins.

That being said, I don't have high hopes. I see 6-8 wins tops. It's a rebuilding year.

kgun12
03-08-2006, 01:11 AM
With all the holes to feel, new players to fill those holes, another new coaching staff, new schemes and front office front office I would consider 8 wins successful. I look to 07 as the year we make the playoffs. I think this years team will be more fun to watch than years.