PDA

View Full Version : The differences I see from last year to this year

Mitchy moo
03-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Unless the NFL decides to throw out a few general rules (like holding), I think we are in for a long season this year. We really need to shore up our lines in the worst way & Marv knows that. When we were pressured last year we looked like teenage campers that just saw their first grizzly bear, scared ****less. I expect the same think this year but with a tweak of optimism for the future. Late in the season I have this weird feeling that JP is actually going to understand that not every ball has to find a pair of hands nor does he need to be the hero on every down. Sustained drives happen because of talent and planning & last year we had little/no planning of that (via watching the adjustments by MM & crew).

As I hear it Dick J. actually has multiple counter-plans but implements them based on what the other team is doing unlike MM. MM never realized that if your kicking the other teams ***, you don't have to get too cute (like when your up by 20). You use basics until you need to change it up a lot. Out thinking yourself and your own players is alot worse than out thinking the other team.

This is just a summation of the differences I see from last year to this year.