X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nublar7
    • Oct 2004

Sam Adams May Stay In AFC East

Free-agent defensive tackle Sam Adams is coming to Miami today for preliminary discussions about joining the Dolphins.

Adams, a 6-foot-4, 335-pound, 12-year veteran, played for the Bills the past three seasons, including the past two under coach Mike Mularkey, the Dolphins' new offensive coordinator. He played his first six seasons with the Seahawks when Dolphins General Manager Randy Mueller was New Orleans' vice president of football operations.

"He'll come in, sit down with those guys, see where they're headed and if it's a fit,'' said Angelo Wright, Adams' agent.

Adams, 32, a three-time Pro Bowl selection (2001, '02, '04), had a career-low 19 tackles with three sacks last season. He had averaged 32 tackles over his first 11 seasons.

The Bills cut Adams in a salary-cap move last week.

The Dolphins already have a host of 30-plus defensive tackles in Keith Traylor, Vonnie Holliday and Jeff Zgonina.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front

• Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Sam Adams May Stay In AFC East

For a team that has "no talent" the Dolphins sure do like to sniff our trash all the time.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

I just want to know where they are getting the money? I thought they were tight against the cap.
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

That's kind of funny because Mularkey and Adams didnt get along very well.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          or maybe the problem was T. Donahoe calling all the shots like not playing Sam or sitting JP or maybe it is what I said in another thread about Moulds. These guys care more about the money than anything else! If the price is right it doesn't matter that MM is there. Besides MM is just the OC and they won't have alot of interaction with each other.
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Sam won't be under Moolarkey. He'll answer to Capers.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
              For a team that has "no talent" the Dolphins sure do like to sniff our trash all the time.
              Sam Adams is trash?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                • Mar 2004

So will this be another example of someone being the absolute worst when they sign with another team? It seems to happen all of the time and all fans are guilty of this--they're the greatest when on said team, then the worst when they sign elsewhere, especially on a rival team. I've read that his work ethic may be under fire, but it never hurts to have as many run stoppers as possible.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

MIami has so many needs on defense now after releasing four starters, I find it hard to believe they'd sign a DT on the downside of the year when he won't come cheap.. I suppose you never know though.

I stick by earlier statement that Adams is going to Cincinnati, which pretty much means by the time everyone reads this he'll be a Dolphin.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

That fat POS will die down in that Miami Heat. Get ready to lose 50lbs fat sam!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                      So will this be another example of someone being the absolute worst when they sign with another team? It seems to happen all of the time and all fans are guilty of this--they're the greatest when on said team, then the worst when they sign elsewhere, especially on a rival team. I've read that his work ethic may be under fire, but it never hurts to have as many run stoppers as possible.
                      not everyone here thinks that way crunk. I still think that Sam Adams has a lot left in him and could still make a probowl or two under the right DC.

Now moolarkey on the other hand.....
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

There are two issues here. First is where does Miami find the room to sign him. They're are on the list of teams with the worst cap situation. They might get a deal done if both siides see eye to eye, that Adams is an aging veteran with chronically bad knees who's worth might be a small premium above vet minimum.

Second, how much does Adams have left in the tank? My guess is he has some. It may be hard for him to go a full game, but if Miami platoons him with the rest of their thirty somethings, they will get an occasional sack out of him along with 20 some tackles per year, plus his ability to occupy blockers will be valuable.

Is it worth it to Miami? Probably. Will he come back to haunt Buffalo? That depends on whether or not Buffalo can upgrade their offensive line. The bottom line is if Buffalo doesn't get a lot better on their offensive line, there are a lot of DTs who should scare them. Rather than worry about Sam Adams, or trying to brush him off, that's probably where we should be focussing our efforts.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

The problem wasn't Mularkey. It was Jerry Gray.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                            • Dec 2005

Hate to say it but I think Adams still can do a good job and if Miami gets him he'll be a good pick up for them. The only concern I have about Adams in Miami would be the heat its not cold like Buffalo will he be able to adapt well.

Comment

• Static
                              The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by dolphinssuck
                              Hate to say it but I think Adams still can do a good job and if Miami gets him he'll be a good pick up for them. The only concern I have about Adams in Miami would be the heat its not cold like Buffalo will he be able to adapt well.

Traylor played in New England then made the transition to Miami pretty well....

Comment

Working...
                              X