PDA

View Full Version : Moulds on the move

BULLDOG53
03-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Does anyone think we should release Moulds, trade down and take a guy like Chad Jackson out of Florida who had a great showing at the combine? And address the lines later in the draft and via free agency. JP or whoever needs another weapon, and since the FA class for WR's is weak.

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Absolutely.... not

That's what put Buffalo where we are today in the first place.. THe offensive line for 6 years has been the after-thought..

YOu address that pathetic line first, and then try to improve in other areas after.. If your line is good, everything else will start to look better.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
NO. If we draft anything other than SS, OL or DL in the first round Im going to personally go to OP and kick Marvs ass.

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Be careful. Marv is a 5th degree black belt.

Seriously, I'm with you.. DT or OT is a must.. I wouldnt even go SS , not at 8 anyway...

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Be careful. Marv is a 5th degree black belt.

Seriously, I'm with you.. DT or OT is a must.. I wouldnt even go SS , not at 8 anyway...
Huff or bust.

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Don't ever associate a Texas player , a top ten pick and the word "bust" in the same sentence again!

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Don't ever associate a Texas player , a top ten pick and the word "bust" in the same sentence again!
Im trying to think of a good top ten UT player in the past decade. Can you think of one?

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 10:09 AM
NOpe, but I can think of seven who have went in the top nine of the draft..
M. Williams, R. Williams, Q. Jammer, B. Westbrook, Roy Williams, Leonard Davis and Cedric Benson.

SI just did a piece about that too..

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Wow. Its crazy to think that such a successful football program gives the NFL no real talent.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 10:10 AM
NOpe, but I can think of seven who have went in the top nine of the draft..
M. Williams, R. Williams, Q. Jammer, B. Westbrook, Roy Williams, Leonard Davis and Cedric Benson.

SI just did a piece about that too..
Wow, that is just plain sad. I guess Roy Williams is the closest thing to good from UT.

Saratoga Slim
03-07-2006, 10:21 AM
No wide receiver in the first round. No way.

I want nothing but OL or DL in the first round UNLESS those needs are given a solid boost in FA.

IF and only IF we have done so in FA, would I consider taking something other than a lineman. And if we do, I want Davis or Huff. No one else.

Saratoga Slim
03-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Ok, maybe AJ Hawk too, he'd be tough to turn down.

Jeff1220
03-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I agree with the Texas Bust Theory, but I gotta give Ricky Williams some props. When he plays, he's an excellent RB. If that guy had his head straight, he could've been one of the best ever imo.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I agree with the Texas Bust Theory, but I gotta give Ricky Williams some props. When he plays, he's an excellent RB. If that guy had his head straight, he could've been one of the best ever imo.
If not the best one of the best.

NorthCarBills
03-07-2006, 11:41 AM
NO. If we draft anything other than SS, OL or DL in the first round Im going to personally go to OP and kick Marvs ass.

I couldn't agree more in regards to the draft priorities/positions.

As for Marv, I love him too much to fight him. But - I do respect him being a black belt. Did you know he had a cameo in "Enter the Dragon?"

Mahdi
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Unless D'Brick falls to us somehow, I dont see how we are going to address O-line or D-line in the draft. Ngata is the same as adams essentially and he was cut, so he is no longer an option, and the only other D-line players I would take are M.Williams and Bunckley. Williams wont last till 8 most likely and 8 is too high at this point for Bunckley unless we reach. And as for O-line there is no one other than Brick that is worth a top ten selection. That being said, we have to go best player available and address the O-line in round 2 and 3, and be aggressive in FA. Therefore the players that I believe can help this team most are Huff and Davis. Huff is now a need player anyway with the loss of Milloy and can move to CB when Clements leaves next year. And Davis can replace the production we will lose when Moulds is gone.

mybills
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Absolutely.... not

That's what put Buffalo where we are today in the first place.. THe offensive line for 6 years has been the after-thought..

YOu address that pathetic line first, and then try to improve in other areas after.. If your line is good, everything else will start to look better.
:10:

kgun12
03-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Absolutely.... not

Amen brother! I have been beating this drum for 2 months now!

audio/s
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
How did this turn into a draft situation. I thought this was about EM

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Huff or bust.

No friggin way. OL/DL or Davis.

NC-BILLS44
03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
No WR in the first. The Bills need OL & DL help now!!

kgun12
03-07-2006, 01:59 PM
How did this turn into a draft situation. I thought this was about EM

Because the way he asked the question was more about the draft than Moulds!

"Does anyone think we should release Moulds, trade down and take a guy like Chad Jackson out of Florida who had a great showing at the combine? And address the lines later in the draft and via free agency. JP or whoever needs another weapon, and since the FA class for WR's is weak."