PDA

View Full Version : The Labor impasse is bad for Buffalo in particular!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
We have a new GM, and several areas of need with a limited budget.

The time span between the normal start of the league year and the draft
is tight every year.

A team makes their most crucial decisions in that 6 week period.

Marv was already behind the eight ball being a new GM, but this
situation is making his transition even more difficult.

Had the deal been made long ago, we would likely already have a couple of
players signed or at least have made good progress toward that end.

This franchise is at a crossroads....and the last thing we needed was an 'x' factor tipping the scales in favor of continued mediocrity.

This deal should have been done in early February, and even if the revenue sharing piece gets by the wealthy owners....they have still positioned themselves for a better shot at success by delaying.

The whole thing just stinks.

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
The sky is falling!!!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I didn't say or mean that.....just pointing out that it seems like Buffalo continually gets the shaft just when things are looking up......

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2006, 02:18 PM
It will be fine.

tat2dmike77
03-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Don't be such a gloomy gus

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Not too sound pessimistic but I have yet to see how things are looking up?

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying they won't, Im saying to this point I havent..

So far we've lost veterans and gained none (of course that will change)

We lost the worst coach in gameday history, and we gained a coach that at best is looked at as average around the league..

Our QB situation is no better than it was last year, and we have a former coaching legend as a first time gm.. at 80 years old.

I hope for the best mind you.. but as far as looking up, I've yet to see that.

kgun12
03-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Not too sound pessimistic but I have yet to see how things are looking up?

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying they won't, Im saying to this point I havent..

So far we've lost veterans and gained none (of course that will change)

We lost the worst coach in gameday history, and we gained a coach that at best is looked at as average around the league..

Our QB situation is no better than it was last year, and we have a former coaching legend as a first time gm.. at 80 years old.

I hope for the best mind you.. but as far as looking up, I've yet to see that.

Good post Pat!

Pride
03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
You could also look at it as glass half full.

Marv may have needed more time before getting involved with Free Agency. This is 1 extra week he has to prepare, talk to his coaching staff about their needs, work deals, and take a look at who may be let go.

This might actually be a good thing for the immediate future for the Buffalo Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
It will be fine.

mikemac2001
03-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Dude Marvs the man, The cuts all make sense even if he cuts moulds it makes sense but he is trying to keep him bc he knows he can still help the team. Im fine with what has happened. marv knows good oline and dline matter so im not even worried about that i know he will brign in good guys. Hopefully jauron doesnt blow

Mitchy moo
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Dude Marvs the man, The cuts all make sense even if he cuts moulds it makes sense but he is trying to keep him bc he knows he can still help the team. Im fine with what has happened. marv knows good oline and dline matter so im not even worried about that i know he will brign in good guys. Hopefully jauron doesnt blow

I like your verbiage.