PDA

View Full Version : At least Jerry Jones finally gets it....

Michael82
03-07-2006, 02:32 PM
"As you well know, I don't think anyone particularly cares how happy I am."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2358144

:bf1:

Pride
03-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Jerry Jones is a brilliant owner. His team makes more than the bottom 10 (in terms of revenue) put together.

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Jerry Jones is a brilliant owner. His team makes more than the bottom 10 (in terms of revenue) put together.

But if you ask around here it was 'easy' for him being in Dallas. The man works his ass off to get the extra money coming in.

eyedog
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Good for Jerry but it's not to hard when you own the Cowboys with their marketing and tv/radio contracts world wide.

kgun12
03-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Don't give this guy to much credit Mikey! If there is a bigger snake out there I would like to see it. This guy would steel money from his Mother! But that's how the rich get rich, work hard and step on people if you have to.

eyedog
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
You can say the same about Steinbreener but lets see him take over the KC Royals and we will see what he can do.

Michael82
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Don't give this guy to much credit Mikey! If there is a bigger snake out there I would like to see it. This guy would steel money from his Mother! But that's how the rich get rich, work hard and step on people if you have to.
I totally agree and that's why I agree about his quote. None of us give a **** whether or not he's happy. **** Him! :mad:

kgun12
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
You can say the same about Steinbreener but lets see him take over the KC Royals and we will see what he can do.

He would make them close to what they are now really good, but can't win the big one! lol.

Michael82
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, nice job Jerry! way to separate yourself from the rest of the league with Revenue Sharing....Way to sell your own merchandise separate from the rest of the league, so u can pocket the money....Way to form your own partnerships that are completely different than the rest of the league. Way to be a team guy! :bf1:

:rolleyes:

I hate the piece of **** and would laugh if his face finally fell off. :ill:

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM

Bingo! I bet if JJ owned the Bills they wouldn't be a 'small market team' for more than 5 years. He wouldn't have to move the team either. He would know how to tap this market and the surrounding areas better.

One way RW really screwed the pooch was sentimentality during re alignment. Fans and RW screamed 'We must play the dolphins!'. Screw miami. It should have been a rust belt division between Cinci, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. That would have ensured filled stadiums all the time for all 4 teams! Marketing out the ass!

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, nice job Jerry! way to separate yourself from the rest of the league with Revenue Sharing....Way to sell your own merchandise separate from the rest of the league, so u can pocket the money....Way to form your own partnerships that are completely different than the rest of the league. Way to be a team guy! :bf1:

:rolleyes:

I hate the piece of **** and would laugh if his face finally fell off. :ill:

and if he owned the Bills and did the same thing? What if Ralph had the sac to do that? it is a new NFL and I am really doubting that the old school owners are going to have a place in it for much longer. I will say this, the new CBA extention though 2013 will be the last RW sees and I doubt he sees the end of that.

kgun12
03-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Bingo! I bet if JJ owned the Bills they wouldn't be a 'small market team' for more than 5 years. He wouldn't have to move the team either. He would know how to tap this market and the surrounding areas better.

One way RW really screwed the pooch was sentimentality during re alignment. Fans and RW screamed 'We must play the dolphins!'. Screw miami. It should have been a rust belt division between Cinci, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. That would have ensured filled stadiums all the time for all 4 teams! Marketing out the ass!

I totally disagree with you ICE! Call it doom and gloom all you what, but it's reality, cold hard facts, you are not going to get blood out of a rock. Rather than sit there acting like a know it all spread the wisdom on how Buffalo can become a big market team! I'm sure all the people in Buffalo would love to hear your wealth of knowledge on this. Cause ever since the steel plant left, taxes raising and no business willing to move into Buffalo because of said taxes, this town has gone slowly down. So I'm sure you have the expertise to fix it. And BTW if you can run for office in Buffalo, cause if you can build Buffalo back up the sky is your pal, Senate, Congrss, White House you name it!

I will agree we had no business keeping Miami in the division. The rust belt division would ave been great, even without the rust anymore. Oh wait your going to fix that!

kgun12
03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
and I'll take it a step further and say that a lot of other owners would have taken the Bills out of this town years ago. Ralph has not done everything right for this team, but he has keep them here when he could have made big money elsewhere! It's real easy to sit thee and said the CRAP that you do,

NOW SHOW US HOW THE GREAT ICE WOULD FIX IT!!

Mr B
03-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Let's but Ralph in Dallas and see what he can do. From the Cowboys long tradtion and success their product sells itself. Even if they stink.

Meathead
03-07-2006, 05:41 PM
i completely agree

although it is nice to have the option to go to miami every fall on a little mini vaca

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 06:06 PM
and I'll take it a step further and say that a lot of other owners would have taken the Bills out of this town years ago. Ralph has not done everything right for this team, but he has keep them here when he could have made big money elsewhere! It's real easy to sit thee and said the CRAP that you do,

NOW SHOW US HOW THE GREAT ICE WOULD FIX IT!!

The only realistic response I could put up would get me negged to death. Although it is complete truth. Cold hard facts? Trust me, you don't want them.

kgun12
03-07-2006, 06:14 PM
The only realistic response I could put up would get me negged to death. Although it is complete truth. Cold hard facts? Trust me, you don't want them.

COP OUT. I guess it's easy to just say things and not willing to produce. Maybe you do have a career in politics.

mysticsoto
03-08-2006, 08:06 AM
I totally disagree with you ICE! Call it doom and gloom all you what, but it's reality, cold hard facts, you are not going to get blood out of a rock. Rather than sit there acting like a know it all spread the wisdom on how Buffalo can become a big market team! I'm sure all the people in Buffalo would love to hear your wealth of knowledge on this. Cause ever since the steel plant left, taxes raising and no business willing to move into Buffalo because of said taxes, this town has gone slowly down. So I'm sure you have the expertise to fix it. And BTW if you can run for office in Buffalo, cause if you can build Buffalo back up the sky is your pal, Senate, Congrss, White House you name it!

I will agree we had no business keeping Miami in the division. The rust belt division would ave been great, even without the rust anymore. Oh wait your going to fix that!

I have to agree with K-Gun. I don't think Jones or anyone could just all of a sudden come in here and create wonders in this limited market. Upstate NY overall is a very depressed economic area, with 9/11 happening, I'd be willing to say that it is likely the increased border lines have probably deterred some Canadians from coming to Buffalo for the games. I, too, am interested in how the Bills could do "something else" that would move them into being able to compete with some of the big markets out there. Even the boxes are hard to sell due to the diminishing corporation sponsorship in the area...

Spiderweb
03-08-2006, 09:50 AM
He would make them close to what they are now really good, but can't win the big one! lol.

I guess you missed 1996, 1998, 1999, and 2000. That contradicts your statement about as well as it can be done. Pure facts....LOL back at ya.

G. Host
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM

Some Texas hot air must be blowing North! He would be out of Buffalo faster than a Texas Tumbleweed! Marketing has been great except for lamebrains selling tickets to scalpers making Bills fans unable to attend games.

I disagree with everything except "Screw Miami".

I used favor the rust belt alignment but that is only 3 games a year.

The Pittsburgh fans would just replace the current Patriots fans in buying tickets from Bills fans scalping while Bills fans could not go see game in Pittsburgh.

Miami game always sells out - Which one of Cleveland and Cinci would always sell out?

And Jets games have had good sales for a long time and they are weakest sellers of the three.

Why would sales go up?

DMBcrew36
03-08-2006, 01:30 PM

I doubt Jones could do that with the Bills. You're forgetting that Dallas is in Texas. Texas is all about football. You're also forgetting that Buffalo is a dying city. Jones' is in THE greatest area to own a football team. It's definitely not that hard.