PDA

View Full Version : Bunkley moving past Ngata on some boards

Bmax
03-07-2006, 06:03 PM
With his impressive showing at the NFL Combine bunkely has passed Ngata as the # 1 DT prospect in next months NFL draft. Some are even projecting him as the bills first pick next month. Bunkley certainly fits the bills new style of quick def linemen who fly around the field in their version of the cover 2 def.

I wouldn't have a problem with him at 8.. Some may but he has shown that he could be a very disruptive player in 2006. What's more likely is the bills will be a player in moving down for more picks, as teams try to trade up to get davis or cutler if they fall or are still around.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5388206

BMAX

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I have him first in my mock draft (see Draft Section) and it wouldnt shock me one bit to see BUNK In Bflo.

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 06:08 PM
After watching the combine he has blown Ngata out of the water. This kid is impressive. I am at the point I would take Bunkley over Ngata right now.

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Absolutely.. I TRULY think that Ngata is gonna start sliding down some boards as teams replinish at DT through FA. He'll go somewhere around Cleveland at 12 or maybe the Rams will get nasty up front and take him to go with Glover.. Im not saying Ngata is a bum, I just feel Bunkley is a monster.

I'll tell ya what.. Flip a coin.. Gimme Huff or Bunkley and I'll be happy.. Gimme Davis at eight (aint happening) and I'll be even happier.

Tatonka
03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
give me someone who isnt a bust an i will be happy.. i dont care who it is.

Tatonka
03-07-2006, 06:29 PM
i remember thinking just a few years ago

"what the F are the bengals doing drafting levi jones that early.. they dont know what the F they are doing.. stupid bengals.. "

it has worked out awesome for them.

justasportsfan
03-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Anyone here think that Bobby April is praying we draft Huff?

justasportsfan
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM
40. Buffalo Bills: MARCUS McNEILL, OT, Auburn - The 6-foot-9, 330-pounder has left tackle upside, but his legs appeared too thin at the combine. He'd still be likely to start in his first year for Buffalo.

Do you guys agree with this? Better than Gandy?

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Screw Huff. We don't need another corner. Yeah yeah I know some say Safety. We don't need him. Archuletta or someone like him will man SS. We need LINES! Even if we address some needs in FA, we still need to go lines in the Draft esp with the #8 pick.

The ONLY Change from that is if Davis is there.

I will say this again, just say NO to any TexASS player.

Devin
03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
i remember thinking just a few years ago

"what the F are the bengals doing drafting levi jones that early.. they dont know what the F they are doing.. stupid bengals.. "

it has worked out awesome for them.

I remember that draft, Chris Berman right after the pick:

"Well what do you expect....its the Bengals."

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 07:36 PM
AMen.

vicmantak
03-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry but this scenario reminds me a Mike Williams replica.
Who doesn't remember lazy Mike (suddenly and without any strong reason) moving ahead of the top ranked Bryant McKinnie? Please, just see the results:

Minnesota has an unquestionable starter at LT and Buffalo had an unquestionable fake at RT.

IMHO if Bills are looking to draft a DT as a priority, they might be totally and completely sure that this story will no be repeated again.

YardRat
03-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I've never been a fan of guys who are able to use the combine to raise their stock.

Look at the game film and draft me a 'player'....please.

Bling
03-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Being an FSU fan, I'll give you my take. The guy is a beast. He plugs up holes. Sack master. Never saw him as a top 10 pick coming out of FSU, but hey, looks like he's done it. He has a some tools (though I believe he lacks the ideal size). He has a motor, plugs up holes, and can definitely threaten the QB. If you guys are sticking with a 4-3, you definitely can't go wrong with Bunkley. Though judging from a pure physical standpoint, I'd take Ngata, Bunkley is not a bad choice either.

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm sorry but this scenario reminds me a Mike Williams replica.
Who doesn't remember lazy Mike (suddenly and without any strong reason) moving ahead of the top ranked Bryant McKinnie? Please, just see the results:

Minnesota has an unquestionable starter at LT and Buffalo had an unquestionable fake at RT.

IMHO if Bills are looking to draft a DT as a priority, they might be totally and completely sure that this story will no be repeated again.

Being an OU fan I can tell you I watched Ngata every play during the OU/Oregon game. Ngata did 'Ngata' to impress me. In his pass rush he was stonewalled by a freshman OG. OU man handled him.

Bunkley has been high on draft charts for a year now. He had a productive college career and impressed at the combine. Ngata was 'good' at the combine.

IMHO Ngata is the next good NT in a 3-4 scheme. Bunkley is more what Marv is looking for.

Bmax
03-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Who ever the bills draft for the oline he will have good technique... Mcneil is lacking in this area... I would rather go for Andrew Whitworth from LSU...RT..Move peters to left....

Bmax

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Where is Bunkley from?

kgun12
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM
The strongest: Mike Kudla, 45 lifts; Broderick Bunkley, Florida State -- 44 lifts; Haloti Ngata, Oregon -- 37 lifts; Gabe Watson, Michigan -- 36 lifts; Chris Gocong, Cal-Poly -- 36 lifts; Mario Williams, North Carolina State -- 35 lifts; Barry Cofield, Northwestern -- 35 lifts.

All pretty close, but I'm starting to see a lot of boards moving Bunkley FSU (for gr8slayer) ahead of Ngata, not just patmoran2006

Night Train
03-08-2006, 06:31 AM
If the Bills are running a Cover 2 scheme, then Bunkley is the better fit. He can knife thru the line and penetrate far better than Ngata. He showed it on gameday and definetly isn't just a workout warrior ( ala Eric Flowers ) who's stock suddenly jumped.

A guy who may be the biggest reach of this draft is DT Gabe Watson of Michigan. On gameday, he was invisible more often than not and benched a couple of times. Lazy,overweight..and that's without a fat paycheck ! Suddenly, he's 1st round material based on a good Senior Bowl week.

I wouldn't draft that guy if I had 10 first day picks.

ryjam282
03-08-2006, 09:41 AM

Best post ever. Sums it up completely. I hate when I feel like we wasted a pick. I just want someone who will be solid for a few years. That is all.

mysticsoto
03-08-2006, 10:29 AM
40. Buffalo Bills: MARCUS McNEILL, OT, Auburn - The 6-foot-9, 330-pounder has left tackle upside, but his legs appeared too thin at the combine. He'd still be likely to start in his first year for Buffalo.

Do you guys agree with this? Better than Gandy?

No, I don't. I think he's slower and more awkward due to his height. He might develop more as time passes, but I definitely don't think he's currently better than Gandy!

mysticsoto
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
If the Bills are running a Cover 2 scheme, then Bunkley is the better fit. He can knife thru the line and penetrate far better than Ngata. He showed it on gameday and definetly isn't just a workout warrior ( ala Eric Flowers ) who's stock suddenly jumped.

A guy who may be the biggest reach of this draft is DT Gabe Watson of Michigan. On gameday, he was invisible more often than not and benched a couple of times. Lazy,overweight..and that's without a fat paycheck ! Suddenly, he's 1st round material based on a good Senior Bowl week.

I wouldn't draft that guy if I had 10 first day picks.

I'd take him in the 2nd rd - but definitely not 1st. He clearly has the potential. But you need to see how you can light his fire. If money is what does it - then his contract should be incentive laden instead...

Night Train
03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
With his impressive showing at the NFL Combine bunkely has passed Ngata as the # 1 DT prospect in next months NFL draft. Some are even projecting him as the bills first pick next month. Bunkley certainly fits the bills new style of quick def linemen who fly around the field in their version of the cover 2 def.

I wouldn't have a problem with him at 8.. Some may but he has shown that he could be a very disruptive player in 2006. What's more likely is the bills will be a player in moving down for more picks, as teams try to trade up to get davis or cutler if they fall or are still around.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5388206

BMAX

I just read an Ourlads scouting report ( actual NFL scouts and coaches) on Bunkley over the weekend. They didn't like him nearly as much as the media and draftnicks. They weren't thrilled with his efforts in actual games and then this from the Indy combine:

Only practiced two days...got hurt during the week...didn't look real athletic...movements in drills were herky jerky, not a smooth guy, good energy competitor, has some power and was disruptive against the run.Not a great pass rusher..2nd or 3rd round guy.

Just pick Ngata and don't outsmart yourself.