PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things YOu Didn't Know About The 2006 Draft

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Ten Things You Didn't Know About The 2006 Draft (http://blogs.foxsports.com/patmoran2006/2006/03/07/Ten_Things_You_Didnt_Know_About_The_2006_Draft)

I actually like this, and generally I hate my stuff... It is pretty "out there" but we'll see in April how much sense it makes.

justasportsfan
03-07-2006, 06:12 PM
wow , talk about putting your neck on the line.

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Sometimes ya gotta break from the pack and do it.. It's not like Ngata is coming to Buffalo and will hunt me down!

Every one of those is a reach, but from what i've studied and learned from others, very possible.. with the exception of course of Bush going to NY

Bmax
03-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Mostly opinon.....Bush stiill #1 in my book.. If anybody should be rated higher it's Mario Williams or Brick.. Not Davis...I agree on Williams and sims ..I wrote last week that cutler could go to the saints since payton is high on him..

I don't do mock drafts at least until april 1st.. I may do a early one in jan .. But i always wait at least until after the combine and pro days for the final one. Ngata stock wasn't hurt by his work out . Bunkley has just raised his.....The bills situation all depends on what happens with free agency.

If they can get two quality DT in free agency then they can look at the ss position or Off line with the first two picks . I would keep my eyes on the lb position..They very well could go after a guy like sims or hawk if available. Even with spikes coming back i'm not sure they are sold on posey . It could all come down to best available athlete when they draft.

Bmax

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Mostly opinon.....Bush stiill #1 in my book.. If anybody should be rated higher it's Mario Williams or Brick.. Not Davis...I agree on Williams and sims ..I wrote last week that cutler could go to the saints since payton is high on him..

I don't do mock drafts at least until april 1st.. I may do a early one in jan .. But i always wait at least until after the combine and pro days for the final one. Ngata stock wasn't hurt by his work out . Bunkley has just raised his.....The bills situation all depends on what happens with free agency.

If they can get two quality DT in free agency then they can look at the ss position or Off line with the first two picks . I would keep my eyes on the lb position..They very well could go after a guy like sims or hawk if available. Even with spikes coming back i'm not sure they are sold on posey . It could all come down to best available athlete when they draft.

Bmax

I agree with most of what you said.. ESPECIALLY coming down "to the best available athlete when they draft." If thats the case, then I dont need to tell you who we need to take..

Your absolutely right about you need to wait until FA before seeing what you're going to take in the draft.

Ideally (and I"ll get off the V Davis kick for now).. I'd love to see us sign a pair of DT in FA along with a LT.. DRaft Huff first and a guard (God let it be Spencer) in the second round..

Saratoga Slim
03-07-2006, 06:39 PM
2 DTs and an LT in FA

Huff/Davis/Hawk in first round

Spencer/Joseph in second

Best player available/best remaining Olineman in Rd. 3 and 3a

I like it.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
That's very interesting.

YardRat
03-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Nice article, pat...something to keep handy when the draft rolls around :D

vicmantak
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
pat,

I like your objective and one-step ahead skills. I really catched all of your 10 points and I hope your comments will be seriously considered, specially the first one.

Draft Vernon Davis if still available really makes sense. Bills strategically need to do something to avoid opposite teams to tag the line... and two average QBs competing for the starting role and a below-average OL to assemble are good enough reasons to bring in someone who can provide the horizon that Keith McKeller brought us as a priority.

patmoran2006
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Vic.
Thanks for the positive review..
I'd love to take Davis.. However, that's not what the article implies. The article implies he's going to be the best pro of anyone in the draft.. I really don't think he'll even be an option at number eight because he'll be gone.

The more I'm reading and hearing.. I TRULY think at this point the Bills draft pick (assuming they dont trade up or down) is coming down to two people; Broderik Bunkley or Michael Huff (depending on if they sign a Safety in the draft)..

lordofgun
03-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Your best article yet, IMO...right or wrong.

ICE74129
03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Your best article yet, IMO...right or wrong.

Ignore LOG...he has been up for a long time...:roflmao:

TigerJ
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Nicely done. I'd be a little suprised if all your predictions came to pass, but you're right on about some of them.

lordofgun
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Ignore LOG...he has been up for a long time...:roflmao:
:mad:

Night Train
03-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Great article, Pat.

Davis would be hard to pass on. Bunkley does play better than Ngata and fits the Cover 2 scheme far better.

I guess a lot depends on what the Bills do in FA .

X-Era
03-08-2006, 06:30 AM
Ten Things You Didn't Know About The 2006 Draft (http://blogs.foxsports.com/patmoran2006/2006/03/07/Ten_Things_You_Didnt_Know_About_The_2006_Draft)

I actually like this, and generally I hate my stuff... It is pretty "out there" but we'll see in April how much sense it makes.

Sweet read, Im with ya man, all the way. I just cant get over how good Chad Jackson looked at WR.

But yeah, NO HELL YA you take Vernon Davis at 8 if hes there. Fug Ngata, theres too many Trippletts, Lewis's, and Picketts to spend a 8 pick on a top DT prospect when you could get a TE better than Gates.

Moulds is all but gone, Davis would be MONSTEROUS for us!!!

Im sold, its risky when you think your trenches are the #1 need. I agree they are, but we can do all the damage on them we need to from FA and later in the draft.

At 8, I want a gamebreaking player that people will talk about annually for the pro-bowl. That player is Davis!!!

Meathead
03-08-2006, 06:44 AM
ok its time i spilled the beans

pat moran isnt even a real person! its all something i made up just to punk everyone

:lolpoint: all of you

man you guys fell for it hook, line, and sinker!

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 08:12 AM
ha ha.

I wish I wasnt real, I wouldnt have to be at work this morning.. Though I'm on the Billszone board so how hard can I actually be working

justasportsfan
03-08-2006, 08:31 AM
ok its time i spilled the beans

pat moran isnt even a real person! its all something i made up just to punk everyone

:lolpoint: all of you

man you guys fell for it hook, line, and sinker!
this is how it would go if you wrote it...

THE BEST NFL PLAYER IN THE DRAFT IS NOT REGGIE BUSH ya'll.

Vernon Davis

Sweet momma jesus. He ran a purdy 4.38 in the 40 ya'll. If the bills draft him, YEEEEHAW , slap ma ass and call me Sally. I'm a roastin Suueee and havin me a moonshine party.

:D.

Meathead
03-08-2006, 01:13 PM
so youre insinuating im a redneck? i am totally offended by that grossly insensitive characterization

i am clearly white trash, not a redneck

Meathead
03-08-2006, 01:23 PM
and i did write that article

just to prove it, notice that pat moran is an anagram for no tramp

ah ha dispute that if you can

lordofgun
03-08-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm convinced.

dplus47
03-08-2006, 03:25 PM

good one, man. all of it was interesting stuff. don't know about the vick thing, though. we'll see. i think he could end up in atlanta, but not on day one. i found the robert gallery discussion interesting. one commenter went so far as to call him a "future perennial pro-bowler." i liked your take: "he's a lot closer to mike williams than anthony munoz." while i know it takes time to learn your position in the NFL, but when a guy gets knocked to the ground by LINEBACKERS on more than one occasion, i start asking myself if he's going to live up to the hype...