PDA

View Full Version : 7 Round Mock...

DraftBoy
03-07-2006, 10:14 PM
http://www.nflanswers.com/article.php?story=2006020514181965

The changes I would make are as follows;
73. Kevin Simon -----> AJ Nicholson

I think we have a bigger need at OLB with Spikes recovering and Posey possibly headed out the door.

104. Roman Harper -----> Jason Avant

We need a 3rd WR badly with Reed being a FA. S is a big need if we can get a starter or a SS. Harper is a FS where we have Vincent.

199. Paul Pinegar --------> Bruce Eugene

Eugene is more of the developmental QB we need, Losman has to prove his critics wrong in these next two seasons. Eugene had huge numbers at Grambling and could be a steal with his size and mobility.

Enjoy!

Tatonka
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
great draft. i agree with your changes too DB.. good find.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 10:46 PM
You all have to help me out. I dislike watching college football and know nothing about it other than this is one of the best draft classes in a while.

I know all the big names (top 32 players) but no one beyond that. Tell me about some of these guys.

Bmax
03-07-2006, 10:47 PM
When was that done ? Bunkley in rd 2 what's so great about that......

Bmax

lordofgun
03-07-2006, 10:50 PM
You honestly think D'Brick will fall to 8? No way.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
You honestly think D'Brick will fall to 8? No way.But wouldnt it be a beautiful thing?

Bmax
03-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Players to watch out for after rd 1.....

Charles spencer who could move into rd 1 ..unlikely
Daniel Bullocks-neb ss-4.38 -40....
Andrew Whitworth LSU-RT
Rob Simms-OG ohio st
Brandon Marshall-wr -Central Florida
Anthony Smith-fs-syracuse
Joe Klopfenstein-te colorado
Marcus colston-hofstra-6-4-225-4.5-40
Travaias Jackson-6-2-223-qb-alabama st.. put up big numbers like eugene better athlete...

Just to name a few....

Bmax

DraftBoy
03-07-2006, 11:05 PM
You all have to help me out. I dislike watching college football and know nothing about it other than this is one of the best draft classes in a while.

I know all the big names (top 32 players) but no one beyond that. Tell me about some of these guys.

Im gonna assume you know about D'brick, so here is my analysis of the other picks.

42. Buffalo Bills-DT Gabriel Watson, Michigan
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/gabewatson.html

Can collapse the Pocket and rush the pasher. Has had weight issues in the past but our conditioning staff is good. He had a killer senior bowl which has him raising on some boards. He also has taken plays off, but he does everything youd want in a DT.

70. Buffalo Bills-ILB Kevin Simon, Tennessee --> I say switch to OLB AJ Nicholson
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/ajnicholson.html

With us losing Spikes to a big injury last year and Posey having one foot out the door, this kid could be an amazing pickup. He is a playmaker and has a nose for the football. There are some size and character issues but he should hopefully outgrow them.

73. Buffalo Bills-CB Kelly Jennings, Miami (FL)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/kellyjennings.html

Super quick, super slick CB. Not a big physical corner but he can play the ball and will get into your head. He needs to bulk up and a year or two at nickel would do him a world of good.

104. Buffalo Bills-S Roman Harper, Alabama-->I say switch to WR Jason Avant
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/jasonavant.html

Amazing hands! Not overly fast but willing to go over the middle and has a knack for making the tough grab up top. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in knowledge. Knows how to use the angles and body to make the catches.

138. Buffalo Bills-OT Derek Morris, NC State
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/derekmorris.html

Mammoth tackle and went up againt Lawson day after day. So he used to playing against a speed rusher. Long arms, and good footwork. Good athlete. Not the brightest however, he could be a steal.

168. Buffalo Bills-RB Leon Washington, Florida State
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/rb/leonwashington.html

Small speed/scat back, runs in the 4.4 range on the 40. Good hands out of the backfield. Surprising blocker. Most dangerous in the open field. Has some durability issues.

199. Buffalo Bills-QB Paul Pinegar, Fresno State-->I say switch to QB Bruce Eugene
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/bruceeugene.html

Leader! Playmaker, those are the words used to describe this prospect who I have coined as "The Tank" (6-1 260). He needs to get control of his weight but he moves remarkebly well all considered. Some have compared him to a very poor man's Culpepper.

Hope that helps man!

lordofgun
03-07-2006, 11:07 PM
But wouldnt it be a beautiful thing?
I guess I wouldn't kill myself. :D

DraftBoy
03-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Players to watch out for after rd 1.....

Charles spencer who could move into rd 1 ..unlikely
Daniel Bullocks-neb ss-4.38 -40....
Andrew Whitworth LSU-RT
Rob Simms-OG ohio st
Brandon Marshall-wr -Central Florida
Anthony Smith-fs-syracuse
Joe Klopfenstein-te colorado
Marcus colston-hofstra-6-4-225-4.5-40
Travaias Jackson-6-2-223-qb-alabama st.. put up big numbers like eugene better athlete...

Just to name a few....

Bmax

Marshall could be a star WR in this league, hell Im willing to go out on a limb (got this idea from Patmoran) and say Marshall WILL BE THE BEST WR IN THIS CLASS.

Also Bmax you got the #'s for Jackson? Id look them up but I got some hw to do still, so if you could post them itd be a huge help, I saw he ran a 4.75 40.

DraftBoy
03-07-2006, 11:09 PM
You honestly think D'Brick will fall to 8? No way.

Honestly I dont care, I really think more and more that Micheal Huff is our best option at 8. Make him our pick assuming Brick goes higher and I may wet myself.

gr8slayer
03-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks DraftBoy. BTW. I thought Washinton was supposed to be an animal? How on Earth would he fall to the sixth round?

DraftBoy
03-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks DraftBoy. BTW. I thought Washinton was supposed to be an animal? How on Earth would he fall to the sixth round?

size, he's only 5'7

and never carried the full load at FSU

kgun12
03-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I could live with day 1!

GvilleBills
03-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Marshall could be a star WR in this league, hell Im willing to go out on a limb (got this idea from Patmoran) and say Marshall WILL BE THE BEST WR IN THIS CLASS.

Also Bmax you got the #'s for Jackson? Id look them up but I got some hw to do still, so if you could post them itd be a huge help, I saw he ran a 4.75 40.
No doubt about it, Ive said the same thing since the Hula bowl. I started to read a little about him. He's a stud WR in 2-3 years.

casdhf
03-08-2006, 05:38 AM
LenDale white at #4 to the Jets?

ICE74129
03-08-2006, 06:48 AM
D'Brick falls to us at 8 and we take him...I am running around the neighborhood yelling 'WOOOOOOO' in classic rick flair style....butt naked....

clumping platelets
03-08-2006, 06:49 AM
D'Brick falls to us at 8 and we take him...I am running around the neighborhood yelling 'WOOOOOOO' in classic rick flair style....butt naked....

:yikes:

ICE74129
03-08-2006, 07:07 AM
:yikes:

Keep that up and I'll do it at the tailgate....and add in the rick flair 'giggle'.

EDS
03-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Well, that would be a great draft for the Bills but the mock draft in general seems dated. Chad Jackson going after Martin Nance and Derek Hagan? Bunkley going after Claude Wroten. Nick Mangold going in the 4th round? LenDale White going fourth overall to the Jets?

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 08:31 AM
draft boy..
Are you saying this is one of the best mock drafts you've seen because as a Bills fan you love the picks they got us taking? Or are you saying it because it's well thought-out and realistic? If you're a Bills fan then hell ya I absolutely love it.. If you're being realistic it's extremely FLAWED.

Write these down, because NONE of them are happening.. Print it out and we'll share AFTER the draft..

* There is NOT a CHANCE that Brick is falling to the Bills at 8.. ZERO chance. He will be gone by pick four, five at the ABSOLUTE latest. The only way Brick is coming to Buffalo is if we trade up, and I really dont see that happening.

* LenDale White is not going fourth overall to the Jets.. much too high, maybe if they trade DOWN which is def a possibility.

* Anthony Fasono in the FIRST round to Carolina?? come on now.

* Bunkley falling to NY in the SECOND round? Wow, he'll be gone by pick 14 at the latest. (at these points, these picks are borderline ridiculous)

* Tye Hill lasting until pick 40??? He'll be gone by the mid of round one.

*Charles Spencer lasts until 59?!? LOL, If we're BEYOND LUCKY he would fall to us in second round at #42 and thats if we're VERY lucky.

* Ernie Sims lasts until ROUND THREE?!??!? kelly Jennings "falls" to Buffalo in Round three?!?!?
(At this point, I've had enough of this guy)

I'm not trying to say I'm an expert.. But if this Chad Thompson guy is serious about this mock, he must be mentally challenged.. NONE Of those things listed I even see REMOTELY CLOSE To happening, not ONE.

If the Bills draft worked out this way I"d be in love with this guy.. Brick aint lasting to eight and JENNINGS will be lucky to last past KC at 20.. Let alone Buffalo at 73??? LOL come on buddy..

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2006, 09:23 AM
If Huff falls to 13 I'll break my TV

DraftBoy
03-08-2006, 12:12 PM
As I said its the best Bills Mock Ive seen. I agree most of the picks are flawed and wrong but I cant argue with nearly any of his Bills picks except nitpicking things. The website said it was posted yesterday but it must of been written 1 month or so ago.