5 Green Bay Mario Williams
DE
North Carolina State
San Francisco Michael Huff
DB
Texas
7 Oakland
Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt

Let's say we fill our needs for the OL and or DL, D. Ferguson is gone and we have these guys to choose from Haloti Ngata, Vernon Davis, AJ Hawk, Brodrick Bunkley, Jimmy Williams. What do you do?

This is how they have it!

8 Buffalo Haloti Ngata
DT
Oregon
9 Detroit Vernon Davis TE
Maryland
10 Arizona LenDale White
RB
Southern California
St. Louis
AJ Hawk LB
Ohio State
Cleveland Brodrick Bunkley
DT
Florida State

13 Baltimore DeAngelo Williams
RB
Memphis
14 Philadelphia Santonio Holmes
WR
Ohio State

15 Atlanta Jimmy Williams
DB
Viginia Tech

kgun12
03-08-2006, 12:05 AM
If we got help at OL and/or DL I know I would pick A J Hawk, or Williams here. I know a lot of people would take Davis and I would think long and hard, but there is a huge question mark as to Spikes coming back 100% anf AJ is going to be a stud as will Davis, but I think LB could be more of a need then we want it to be. Besides you all know how I feel about taking a TE in the 1st round! lol!

clumping platelets
03-08-2006, 05:00 AM
I agree kgun....we have some concerns at LB because of future FA and Spikes coming back from major injury.....secondary is also a concern espcially at S

I would probably entertain moving down a couple of spots and get J Williams or Greenway

ICE74129
03-08-2006, 06:45 AM
V. Davis. If the OL and DL have been addressed, you NEVER pass up a talent like him.

NorthCarBills
03-08-2006, 07:13 AM
V. Davis. If the OL and DL have been addressed, you NEVER pass up a talent like him.

I've been debating this issue for a while, and for me, the deciding factor that affects the Bills the most is whether or not Cutler is picked in the top 7. If so, Davis or one of the other "need" players for the Bills will be available.

Picks 1-3 (no need for any of these)
Bush
Leinhart
Young

Picks 4-7 (could instantly put these guys into starting lineup)
Hawk - maybe - open competition with Crowell?
Williams - yes!
Brick - yes!
Davis - yes!
Huff - yes!

Pick 8
So assuming one of these players is not picked because of Cutler, I think the 8 spot is looking much more attractive than it did a couple of weeks ago.

I agree with Ice....if Davis is sitting there, you simply don't pass. Technically, he's a part of the line, right? ;-) Would love to see multiple two tight end sets with him and Everett - now that's smash mouth football Malarkey!

ICE74129
03-08-2006, 07:15 AM
I've been debating this issue for a while, and for me, the deciding factor that affects the Bills the most is whether or not Cutler is picked in the top 7. If so, Davis or one of the other "need" players for the Bills will be available.

Picks 1-3 (no need for any of these)
Bush
Leinhart
Young

Picks 4-7 (could instantly put these guys into starting lineup)
Hawk - maybe - open competition with Crowell?
Williams - yes!
Brick - yes!
Davis - yes!
Huff - yes!

Pick 8
So assuming one of these players is not picked because of Cutler, I think the 8 spot is looking much more attractive than it did a couple of weeks ago.

I agree with Ice....if Davis is sitting there, you simply don't pass. Technically, he's a part of the line, right? ;-) Would love to see multiple two tight end sets with him and Everett - now that's smash mouth football Malarkey!
Yeah Isaac Bruce, Evans, Everett, Davis. Yeah try to cover that!

Night Train
03-08-2006, 08:01 AM
I would take Davis, Hawk or Bunkley over Ngata.

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Let me make this REAL CLEAR and I'm willing to be 1,000 BillsZone bucks (or real money for that matter) on this.

Haloti Ngata.. will NOT be the Bills first round draft pick at number eight..

One of these three players willl be a Buffalo Bill in 2006:
1) Broderik Bunkley
2) Michael Huff
3) Vernon Davis

Bush.. Brick.. Hawk.. Mario Williams.. Leinart are LOCKS to be gone before Buffalo picks.. That leaves those three. If Cutler or YOung go to Tenn, then 2 of those 3 would be available.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-08-2006, 09:56 AM
The Lions already have Marcus Pollard they need some line help bad

Saratoga Slim
03-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Let me make this REAL CLEAR and I'm willing to be 1,000 BillsZone bucks (or real money for that matter) on this.

Haloti Ngata.. will NOT be the Bills first round draft pick at number eight..

One of these three players willl be a Buffalo Bill in 2006:
1) Broderik Bunkley
2) Michael Huff
3) Vernon Davis

Bush.. Brick.. Hawk.. Mario Williams.. Leinart are LOCKS to be gone before Buffalo picks.. That leaves those three. If Cutler or YOung go to Tenn, then 2 of those 3 would be available.

I agree with this for the most part. My only caveat is I think there is at least an outside chance that Hawk falls instead of Huff, depending on how San Fran picks. Hawk/Vernon Davis would be a tough pick, as both look to be truly special players and both occupy positions that aren't necessarily top priority for us. Unless we can't find at least one DT solution in free agency, I'd rather see us draft Huff/Hawk/Davis than Bunkley. While I agree Bunkley's stock is shooting up on a lot of boards, I still think 8 is a little high.

HAMMER
03-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah Isaac Bruce, Evans, Everett, Davis. Yeah try to cover that!

Not many teams would have trouble covering that. They would only need to maintain their coverage for 2.2 seconds.

HAMMER
03-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I agree with this for the most part. My only caveat is I think there is at least an outside chance that Hawk falls instead of Huff, depending on how San Fran picks. Hawk/Vernon Davis would be a tough pick, as both look to be truly special players and both occupy positions that aren't necessarily top priority for us. Unless we can't find at least one DT solution in free agency, I'd rather see us draft Huff/Hawk/Davis than Bunkley. While I agree Bunkley's stock is shooting up on a lot of boards, I still think 8 is a little high.

It is not high if he is a need and fits our new defense. I don't buy the best available athlete stuff and I don't think Marv does either. I agree with Pat and would be surprised to see them take Ngata as Bunk fits.

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I still feel like our main concern should be OL.

TigerJ
03-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Before the combine I was rooting for Ngata, but I'm leaning your way now, PatMoran. I think the Bills would try a trade down before picking Bunkley though, unless he keeps rising on draft boards.

DraftBoy
03-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Ive been on the Huff bandwagon for a long time and I remain firmly entrenched. Picking Davis essentially throws away a 3rd round pick from last year which makes no sense. Give Everett a shot he was a good pass catcher at the U, and many of the top TE's in the league now were not top 15 picks, so Id be very weary of this kid.

HAMMER
03-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Ive been on the Huff bandwagon for a long time and I remain firmly entrenched. Picking Davis essentially throws away a 3rd round pick from last year which makes no sense. Give Everett a shot he was a good pass catcher at the U, and many of the top TE's in the league now were not top 15 picks, so Id be very weary of this kid.
Great call, you don't just throw away last years athletic TE for the newest version, even if it is an upgrade. Too many other needs. DT first round, OT second round, Safety 3rd round.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 10:09 PM

I agree with that!

mysticsoto
03-10-2006, 10:56 PM
If we got help at OL and/or DL I know I would pick A J Hawk, or Williams here. I know a lot of people would take Davis and I would think long and hard, but there is a huge question mark as to Spikes coming back 100% anf AJ is going to be a stud as will Davis, but I think LB could be more of a need then we want it to be. Besides you all know how I feel about taking a TE in the 1st round! lol!

I'd take Davis in that situation. This draft is decent on LBs and we could grab one later. Davis is a freak of an athlete that is fast enough to play WR if we wanted him too. He and Evans and Parrish would cause fits to any defense (as long as the Oline can hold)...but since the assumption is that it has been dealt with, then definitely, Davis!!!!!

kgun12
03-11-2006, 12:00 AM
I'd take Davis in that situation. This draft is decent on LBs and we could grab one later. Davis is a freak of an athlete that is fast enough to play WR if we wanted him too. He and Evans and Parrish would cause fits to any defense (as long as the Oline can hold)...but since the assumption is that it has been dealt with, then definitely, Davis!!!!!

A matter of taste here, but like I have said before I would not draft at TE until the 3rd round. Give me a Hawk and I will grab him in a NY minute. 4.42 40 in a minute!

mysticsoto
03-11-2006, 08:03 AM
A matter of taste here, but like I have said before I would not draft at TE until the 3rd round. Give me a Hawk and I will grab him in a NY minute. 4.42 40 in a minute!

Davis - 4.38 40. :D: Linebackers can't keep up with him, CBs can't take him down...

kgun12
03-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Davis - 4.38 40. :D: Linebackers can't keep up with him, CBs can't take him down...

Still wouldn't waste a pick on a TE til the 3rd round or beyond. That's just me. It's the same for a kicker or punter, important to the team, but not usually til day 2.

Having said that, IF we fill all our needs in FA that might chnge, but I would still take a high rated player at another position over the best of the TE, P, or K's.

Besides Hawk 4.40 Davis 4.38 I will live with the difference!

mysticsoto
03-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Still wouldn't waste a pick on a TE til the 3rd round or beyond. That's just me. It's the same for a kicker or punter, important to the team, but not usually til day 2.

Having said that, IF we fill all our needs in FA that might chnge, but I would still take a high rated player at another position over the best of the TE, P, or K's.

Besides Hawk 4.40 Davis 4.38 I will live with the difference!

Well given that we are overpaying our 1st pick, which Marv got at TE, I think the Davis idea is pretty much out of the window now anyway...