PDA

View Full Version : Fins Interested in Josh Reed.

justasportsfan
03-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Dolphins | Interested in Reed?
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 07:09:59 -0800
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are interested in free-agent WR Josh Reed (Bills).

Tatonka
03-08-2006, 10:21 AM
of coarse.. saban is there..

and i am sure he will be happy to go there.

i hope we keep him.

Night Train
03-08-2006, 10:24 AM
The Fins aren't even under the cap but are interested in everyone.

...and I'm interested in Jessica Alba. I currently have a better chance.

T-Long
03-08-2006, 10:27 AM

haha good post

Pride
03-08-2006, 10:38 AM
I'd be thrilled if he went there! He's an average WR at best.

RedEyE
03-08-2006, 10:41 AM
of coarse.. saban is there..

and i am sure he will be happy to go there.

i hope we keep him.

I hope we keep him if Moulds gets realeased.

HAMMER
03-08-2006, 10:57 AM
I say keep Reed, I think his best days are ahead. He blocks well and runs well after the catch, now if we could just get him to catch the ball.

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 11:00 AM
I wrote last week it would be a mistake to let Reed go, ESPECIALLY if we don't keep Moulds.

Reed and Miami seems like a good fit to. HOpe it doesnt happen and I'm about to try and look into this a lot more.

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Poor Dolphins

McBFLO
03-08-2006, 11:19 AM
I say keep Reed, I think his best days are ahead. He blocks well and runs well after the catch, now if we could just get him to catch the ball.
Sounds like another Reed that used to play for the Bills.... except for the hands part.

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
You are right about him being able to block very well.

bledslow
03-08-2006, 11:30 AM
reed is an incredible blocker.his hands usually block him from catching the pass.

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 11:31 AM
reed is an incredible blocker.his hands usually block him from catching the pass.
wow

mysticsoto
03-08-2006, 11:36 AM
You are right about him being able to block very well.
Yes, Reed is good at blocking drives from continuing...

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Yes, Reed is good and blocking drives from continuing...
Kinda like that great play against NE?

LtFinFan66
03-08-2006, 11:58 AM
well i guess we can be interested in a ton of guys. How many we will actually be able to sign will be an entirely different story. Time and CBA will tell!!

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 11:59 AM
well i guess we can be interested in a ton of guys. How many we will actually be able to sign will be an entirely different story. Time and CBA will tell!!
A very valid point.:spade:

TigerJ
03-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Sign him quick, then trade him for Chris Chambers straight up. It's a Mad, Mad, Madden world.

justasportsfan
03-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I like Josh Reed. But I think Parrish will make us forget about him quickly. We still need to find Moulds' replacement though.

Saratoga Slim
03-08-2006, 01:39 PM
I would like to keep Reed around, specially if Moulds leaves. I think he's good depth and he showed imrpovement toward the end of last year. Won'tthis be his 4th year in the league? That's not too late to turn things around.

I do want to see a lot more out of Parrish this year. He had a short season last year, and was a rookie WR, which is always tough, so I'll cut him a break. But he's got to show some glimmers this year.

NC-BILLS44
03-08-2006, 03:11 PM
I would prefer to keep Reed. We all know he won't be a 1 or 2 WR. But, he can provide depth to the receiving corps (sp). I guess it depends on his cap number. If its reasonable, as I think it probably is, they should retain him. I would love to see him progress with the Bills.

I must admit I'm a little biased toward Reed. My family and I have met and talked with Josh. I found him to be a very down to earth guy with his head on straight. I know that doesn't alway equate to being a great football player, but I think he fits into Marv's philosphy of having high character players. Josh Reed is Most Definitely a High Character player.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Just what the f*** has Josh Reed done for us in the past two years?
Nothing but kill drives and take up a roster spot.

In all fairness Drew Haddad brought more to the table in preseason last year, and was cut.

We don't need Reed as a depth player, there are plenty of other depth players that deserve a shot. A guy who has proven to be unreliable (and seemingly unaffected by the fact that he blows) doesn't deserve a shot over a guy who might turn out to be a good player if given a chance.

If we accomplish nothing else this off-season, I think saying goodbye to Josh Reed will be a textbook case of addition by subtraction.

Bling
03-08-2006, 04:29 PM
I like Josh Reed. But I think Parrish will make us forget about him quickly. We still need to find Moulds' replacement though.

Josh Reed is better than Parrish, imo. Reed definitely underachieved, but Parrish sucks.

Reed will be with his college coach, perfect fit.

justasportsfan
03-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Josh Reed is better than Parrish, imo. Reed definitely underachieved, but Parrish sucks.

Reed will be with his college coach, perfect fit.How did you come to this conclusion? Parrish was injured and reed hasn't done much in all his years here. Reeds college OC isn't on the fins roster is he? Reed didn't play in Linehans system in college. I've seen Parrish at camp and he made Reed disappear easily.

!Papacrunk!
03-08-2006, 06:43 PM
IMO I think Parrish has a lot of potential, especially in the return game. I wouldn't mind to see Reed here since he already has played under Saban, and I wouldn't imagine his contract would be out of this world. What was he making w/ Buffalo?

Tatonka
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
he was making average 2nd round pick money.. i dont remember exactly.. but like 4 years, 3 mill or something

Tatonka
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
he was making average 2nd round pick money.. i dont remember exactly.. but like 4 years, 3 mill or something

Tatonka
03-08-2006, 07:01 PM

!Papacrunk!
03-08-2006, 07:44 PM
So you're saying he was making average 2nd round money eh?

Al13
03-08-2006, 08:15 PM

ding ding ding , i got news for you, with the new CBA miami just went about 7 million under the cap, cut frerotte 4 million, restructure taylor 7 million, restructure Thomas, donīt know the savings though, and carter all said they are willing to do it and we are about 15-20 million under.....whooooooooooo

Samphin1
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM

Just curious, but do you not consider Lee Evans to be a number one WR? I would think that he is the natural heir to Moulds as the primary target...if he hasn't already. I would think you would have to find a good number 2 guy to compliment him. Perhaps David Givens?

vicmantak
03-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Dolphins are our archrival and Bills should do something to increase his market value. For example, if we know that Reed wil be paid like a team's no. 3 WR, Bills at least should offer him way more than that.

justasportsfan
03-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Just curious, but do you not consider Lee Evans to be a number one WR? I would think that he is the natural heir to Moulds as the primary target...if he hasn't already. I would think you would have to find a good number 2 guy to compliment him. Perhaps David Givens?haven't seen him deal with doubled coverage yet on a regular basis. Haven't seen enough of him up the middle either. He outruns single coverage but not double.